Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SS : The Gunshot Part 5 (ending)


"Khushi" Arnav whispered...

"She...She's beautiful...she's perfect..." tears endlessly flowed from his eyes...

Anjali wept for her brother..."Chote...?"

He looked at his Di..."she's amazing...so tiny...so...so..." overcome with grief, he quickly passed her back to Anjali...

The second he let go of the baby girl, she started crying...

Anjali smiled..."it seems she wants to be with you......"

Arnav smiled through his tears, taking the baby back into his arms...

Baby Khushi settled instantly...

"Di...I..." his heart was suffocating with anguish..."Khushi...my Khushi...I...how am i going to..."

Anjali looked up at Arnav...his face overwrought with pain and sorrow..."Khushiji once told me that love is as powerful as life...hold onto the love you both had"

My Love. . . Her love. . .
My Life. . . Her life. . .

He heard Khushi's  words... "don't  be afraid to love...to feel it...to want it ..."

Dhak Dhak Dhak Dhak...he felt it...his heart started beating again...louder than before...almost painfully...he felt a surge of breath pump through him...

He looked down at Khushi sleeping in his arms...

He knew no one, NO ONE would ever replace his wife...but he also knew that nothing could ever destroy the strength of their love...

He looked at the family that now surrounded him...

Khushi's voice was still echoing in his mind..."Arnavji...you need...need to be Arnav Singh Raizada...the...the man who takes...takes care of his...his family... don't...don't  turn your back on them...they...they  have been your life...do for them what...what  you want to do for me...promise ...promise me that you will always continue to put family first...that's what i love...love most about you... "

As much as he wanted his own life to end...he promised the woman who held his heart that he would take care of their family...

"I failed you when you were alive...I damn well won't fail you know...I will live out my promise to you my love until the day i die..."

..........

1 year later...

Arnav finished at the office and went to visit Garima, Buaji and Babuji...

Babuji was recovering so much, that he was able to have conversations with family now...

Arnav had gone to visit the Guptas every day after work without fail...

Garima and Buaji welcomed him warmly everytime...

After a lengthy visit, he would return home anxious to see his niece...

As he walked through the doors he would see an exquisite, wide-eyed toddler bounce towards him...

He lifted her up in his arms and swung her around saying how much he'd missed her...

"I miss ooo too" She would always reply...

Anjali walked in, "Chote, you're home! Finally! Khushi has been talking about you all day...had found a new obsession...dancing!!!"

"Really!!! You have to show me!" Arnav said happily...

Khushi wiggled out of her uncles arms and ran to Anjali to whisper something...

"Chote...this is her favourite at the moment..."

As the music started...Arnav's eyes filled with tears...His little niece had her silky black hair done up in a ponytail...a gorgeous headband on her head...

He watched her in awe...smiling through his tears as he watched his niece dance crazily to "Ek Do Teen"...

Anjali saw her brother's heart breaking in front of her eyes...
 
She walked to stop the song, but Arnav stopped her..."no Di...Look how happy she is...leave it playing..."

His mind flashed back to his wife dancing...her smiling face...her beautiful wispy hair...her smooth movements...

When the song finished...Khushi bounded up to him...she was completely puffed...she saw Arnav's tears and said softly..."you didn't like??"

Arnav knelt down in front of Khushi..."Like it? It was beautiful...perfect...i LOVED it..."

"Both times..." he quietly added...

Khushi smiled brightly at Arnav..."I love woo!"

"I love you Khushi..."

As they hugged...he closed his eyes thinking of his wife..."I love you Khushi..."







2 comments:

  1. Don't make me cry.... I had tears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This broke my heart into a thousand bajillion pieces </3 I'm soooooooooo glad you had an alternate part! Although unrealistic, it made me feel so much better to read a happy part to this OS!

    ReplyDelete