Friday, April 20, 2012

FF : BREAKOUT Part 2




Seeing his outburst, Anjali  ushered everyone out of the room...

Khushi felt  Arnav clasping to her for hear life...

She let him hold her until he calmed...

Flashbacks of what had happened to her were plaguing his mind...

The boat...

The cold...

Her frozen body...

The silence...

Sliding his fingers to her nape, his thumb pressed the beating pulse in her throat.

His eyes narrowed, his black-fringed gaze was a mix of passion, protection and fear....

Arnav pulled Khushi closer to him...She closed her eyes and melted into him...

Her warm breath fanned against his neck...

Leaning his head down, he brushed her lips with his...

Breathless, delicate kisses, the barest touch of mouth on mouth.

Nibbling, teasing, nuzzling, so soft.

Bringing her hands up to his chest, her palms splayed flat on his heartbeat and up, sliding to the slope of his jaw and into his hair.

Gently backing off, Arnav rested his forehead on hers..."I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell out like that..."

Her hands caressed his face..."Arnavji...I'm safe...I'm with you...Nothing can happen to me when you're with me! With us..." she smiled looking down at her flat tummy...

Arnav's heart felt like it could explode with fear, and happiness...

He quickly responded... He latched onto her mouth, giving her a kiss that made her tremble against him...

"God Khushi...I...I need you to be safe..."

Shaking her head she smacked his chest playfully..."I AM SAFE! My Gosh! You've been so careful with me ever since I returned home from the hospital that day! I ...am...fffiiinnneee...."

"khushiji?" Anjali entered..."Did Chote?..."

"No Di...I didn't yell at her or become ridiculously obsessed..." he widened his eyes and shook his head cautiously, silently telling Anjali not to say anything...

"Well, He didn't yell...but 'ridiculously obsessed?" Khushi slid her arm around his waist...

Anjali smiled knowingly at Arnav..."how about we all just try to relax now...I think Payalji was wanting to speak with you Khushiji...Her excitement may be more vivacious than yours at the moment..."

Khushi laughed..."okay..." standing on tip toes, she placed a kiss on Arnav's cheek and whispered..."I love you Mr. Raizada..." and with that, she quickly ran off...

Arnav couldn't help but smile as he watched her leave..."She's beautiful...Isn't she..."

Anjali's heart went out to him..."She is Chote......you...you didn't tell her...did you..."

His fingers tightened into fists..."I couldn't...I...How...HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN NOW!"

"Chote...I don't know why things happen when they do...but you and Khushi have survived so much...God will not abandon you both...He hasn't failed me..."

Anjali smiled as Arnav turned to hug her..."I'm so glad that you have such a good husband now..."

Anjali nodded..."I am too...but I do remember the times that were good with Shyam...in the past..."

"I'm so sorry Di...I wish I could have seen it sooner...you wouldn't have been so hurt and I...I wouldn't have hurt..."

"NO! Chote...You're becoming depressive again!" she teased...

.................

"Khushi!" payal ran up to her sister and tightly embraced her...

"Jiji? What's going on?!"

"Di told us...that...that..."

"Told you!? Told you WHAT?!" Khushi started to feel suspicious...

Realizing her error, Payal tried to cover up..."uh...she...she told us that her husband is coming home earlier today and so we can...we can all..."

"All what..?"

"all have a celebration dinner!!! " payal exhaled feeling relieved...

Khushi still felt as if she was missing something...but she shrugged it off..."Well that's...fantastic! What shall we prepare? Oh I know! Everyone's favorites!"

"Perfect!..." payal's eyes were filling with tears...

"Jiji...what happened? Are you okay?...Is there something you're not telling me...?"

Payal was worried..."I just want you to be safe Khushi..."

Feeling frustrated, Khushi exclaimed..."Oh my Gosh! What is wrong with everyone! I'm FINE! I'm pregnant! Not diseased!"

"KHUSHI!!!!!!!!!"

...................

"what time does Karan's shift finish today?"

"I don't know...He's been on call a lot recently...he is one of the hospital's finest doctors..." Anjali said proudly...

"I know...EVERYONE knows..." He said smiling...

"That's right....Smile!" she said as she grasped his arm..." You're going to be a father! The love of your life is having a baby Chote! This is a time to celebrate!"

"but Di...How can I relax...There are bloody police keeping watch outside again! I didn't WANT this for her! How do I stop it...!?"

"You don't. You let the authorities handle it...and YOU...look after your wife...I assume you aren't leaving for work today...?"

"No, I told Akash to go on without me...wait...does everyone know?!"

Anjali nodded, "when you had your outburst, I took everyone into the other room to tell them..."

Suddenly alamed, the volume in his voice was raised again..."Well did you tell them to keep it quiet!? Not to tell Khushi!?"

Her eyes went wide with worry, "No...Chote...I..."

Before she could complete her sentence, Arnav had sped out of the room yelling , "KHUSHI!!!!!!!"


...................

Now her temper broke loose.

She was furious.

"What is WRONG with everyone today! Arnavji! Why are you yelling for me!?"

Arnav had yelled for her the second he saw her standing with Payal...

He ran up to them both and looked warily towards Payal..."Did you..."

Payal shook her head...

Breathing a sigh of relief, Arnav walked up to Khushi trying to hold her...but...

"Do NOT come near me!" she said backing away...

"Khushi?"

"No! NO more! WHAT is wrong with you all! I'm pregnant...and...AND NOW ANGRY!"

Khushi stormed off with Arnav following close behind...


2 comments:

  1. "pregnant...and now angry!"
    Khushi is too cute !

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Khushi is so cute!! The way she yelled back at him
    Anjali is happy, that's sweet!
    Payal is being careful and aww Arnav just can't stop but be worried

    ReplyDelete