Saturday, April 28, 2012

SS : 6 Months Till A Kiss Part 14


Arnav set Khushi carefully down and opened the car door for her...

She was still staring up at him as he helped her in and quickly buckled her seatbelt.

Wasting no time, he raced back to his side, started the car and drove off...

"Ar...Arnavji?" she said nervously...

He reached over and held her hand, softly caressing it with his thumb...

He wanted to say so much, but couldn't find the words...

They arrived back at the RM... it was now very late...

The family were all asleep...except one...Shyam...

Khushi exited the car as fast as she could and sped inside...

Only to see Shyam standing at the far end of the entrance...

Knowing that Arnav wasn't far behind her, Khushi tried to calm herself...

Shyam spoke as he walked towards her..."So Khushiji...All alone? If I were with you, I'd never leave you alone..."

Khushi instantly looked behind her ...."where is he!" she screamed in her mind...

"Stay away from me...Arnavji is coming and..."

"...and he can do NOTHING....."

"HE is my husband...I love HIM!"

Shyam paced towards her again..."your HUSBAND?" he laughed..."You don't love him..."

Her eyes were full of fury when she looked up at him...

"Yes I do... And My marriage is NONE of your business!"

"Oh Khushiji...everything about you is my business...." Shyam stopped...His voice vanished...

Khushi turned again to see  Arnav standing directly behind her...

Arnav walked  in and stood in front of Khushi..."Back off Jijaji...!"

Shyam smiled..."I was only asking how your night w..."

Arnav lifted his hand motioning for him to stop..."I know EXACTLY what you were doing...now get lost..."

Shyam scowled and snaked away, leaving Arnav and Khushi in the darkness of their foyer...

"Th...Thank..."

Arnav heard her begin to speak and spun around and placed his finger on her lips to silence her..."Don't....DON'T you dare thank me...”

He backed away from her, fisted his hands and shoved them in his pockets to keep from ripping something apart.

“Do not thank me...I should have protected you all those months ago...and  I didn’t . . .” He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “You’re so precious and I can’t stand the thought of how hurt you are.”

They stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity...

As Khushi turned to walk away, a car backfired outside, sending her into a panic...

She spun around into her husband's waiting arms...

Arnav had seen her fear when she heard the loud bang and he immediately darted towards her...

"Shh...It's only a car...I'm here with you..."

Arnav felt her nerves begin to calm and he begrudgingly began to back away...

Khushi felt him withdrawing and wrapped her arms around his waist... “Hold me, please, Arnavji... Just hold me,” she whispered.

His arms came up around her, tight and strong...protective. “Always.”  

Here she was safe, here nothing could harm her. Here, Shyam couldn’t touch her...

Arnav's scent, sandalwood and spice, held her as surely as his arms did.

His lips pressed against the top of her head and her arms tightened even more.

Realizing what she was doing, she shyly moved back , distancing herself from him...

"Khushi...? Are you okay?"

She nodded and began to walk upstairs...

............

Khushi tried to avoid looking at Arnav as they both got ready for bed...
 
She was exceedingly nervous that he would try to come to bed with her...

Yes, she had forgiven him, but her heart couldn't forget the pain yet...

He saw her get into bed and nervously clutch the covers...

He wasn't going to do anything...his entire body ached for her, but his heart ached more for her trust...

"Goodnight Khushi...I love you..." he said hoarsely as he laid down on the couch...

Her eyes shot over to him...

"You...you're..." she felt a huge burden lift off her..."G...Goodnight Arnavji..."

...........................

"I'd never leave you alone Khushiji..."

"get away from me..."

A hand reached out to caress her face...

"You think he will come for you? He won't..."

"Yes HE WILL...Stay away from me!"

"ohhhh just one kiss Khushiji...remember...I asked for one kiss before..."

"no...don't..."

"You'll never be alone again...One kiss Khushiji..."

"no...NO...NO!!!!"

Arms came towards her, grabbing and shaking her....

“NO NO NO!!!” She fought them off... Trying desperately to pull away.

“KHUSHI! KHUSHI!!! Wake up, damn it!” Arnav’s voice finally filtered through the haze of terror, jerking her back to reality...back to their dimly lit room.

“Arnavji?...”

“Yes Khushi... it’s me.”

She threw her arms around him and held on for dear life.

"oh God, it was so real. So real. " she mumbled against his shoulder...

"shh...It was just a dream..."

"no...I can still feel his hand touching me..." She choked back her sobs...

His arms tightened around her, pulling her closer to him.

“It’s okay. You’re okay, you’re safe.” His voice was warm against her temple...but through his gentleness, she could sense his anger...

He lay her back down and she pulled him with her...

She was tucked up against him, her ear directly over his heart.

Hers felt as if it would burst from her chest.

"Khushi..."

She tightened her grip on his arm...

"I'm not going anywhere..." Arnav said as he pressed his fevered lips on her hair...

Arnav shifted so she could look at her...their bodies now facing...

His one arm stretched out under her neck, his other resting nervously on her waist...

As their eyes melded together, Arnav slid his hand up her waist and along her arm...

His touch had sparked Khushi's memories...his gentleness, his anger, his words...

Tears were filling her eyes again...

"Are you afraid of me Khushi?" He whispered...

Her brimming eyes lifted to his, "I...I don't know..."

He bent the arm that was under her neck and pulled her head closer to him...

The second he did that, her eyes widened with alarm...

Arnav instantly stilled..."you ARE afraid of me..."

Khushi felt defiance rise in her..."Just because you've hurt me doesn't mean I'm frightened of..."

He pulled her closer again and her gasp stopped her sentence...

"Not afraid?" he said with what looked like a small smirk on his face...

Khushi's eyes were wary..."I...I'm not afraid..."

"So I could touch you and you wouldn't flinch?"

Her heart was thudding inside her..."Of course not...I...I know I..."

Everything stopped...her words...her breathing...

Because Arnav had traced his fingers along her chest all the way to her breasts...he slid his fingers across the fabric to her nipple where he teased the hard crown till it peaked...

All the while his eyes held hers...

He could see her desperately trying to maintain control over her body's response...

His masculine hands skimmed over her breasts...

Assaulting her senses with exhilarating sensations...

Khushi felt a curious blend of strength and tenderness in his touch.

"What of your fears?" he said, forcing a calm, even tone.

"Fears?" her thoughts were swimming in confusion...she ached to be touched everywhere at once. "About what?"

"I know I have frightened you with my past words...my past actions...and I know I have frightened you with my desire for you...but I'm not going to force you to do anything Khushi...I'm not going to hurt you again...I love you so much... How can I put your fears to rest?"

Unable to concentrate, unwilling to take the time to analyze her thoughts, Khushi said through a tremor of anticipation, "I'm afraid to feel happy...I'm afraid to feel love...I'm afraid  afraid that if I accept it...you will take it away again..."

"Oh God Khushi...I'm so so sorry..." he groaned, taking her face between his hands. "It is only because you exist,  that I am happy! I can never stop loving you..."

Before she could reply, Arnav brushed her mouth with his, teasing her lips apart with the tip of his tongue. "I love you Khushi..."

Taking her mouth, his tongue plunged deep inside her ...as he plundered her mouth he slid his hand between her breasts....

Khushi stiffened with apprehension...

Arnav quickly removed his hand and slowed the kiss down...

When he pulled back and looked into her eyes, what he saw nearly tore him apart.

Khushi was laid bare, the windows to her soul as clear as still water...

Her trust in him wasn't complete, her love was immeasurable, but her trust and fear were still strangling her heart...

Nearly choking on a surge of emotion, Arnav turned away from her and laid his head back down on the pillow...

"I'm will wait Khushi...I want you to trust me again...more than anything, i want that..."

Her gaze connected with his..."Thankyo..."

Arnav shook his head..."No...No Khushi..."

He moved to get up, but Khushi clasped onto his shirt...

He glanced back at her...

"Will...will you stay with me? I have been having nightmares a lot recently..."

Arnav was inwardly enthralled at her request...

He gathered her close and said, "Relax Jaan...You won't have anymore nightmares tonight...I'm with you..."

Murmuring against skin so soft he thought he must be touching the clouds, Arnav kissed her temple, "I love you Khushi..."

Although she was half asleep, Khushi tried to respond..."I...I love..."




10 comments:

  1. Nice update ;)
    I hope khushi forgets the past..... Great work!
    Pleasure reading <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is really very hard to trust again which u have captured beautifully in your story

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww he knows and understands her and i am glad that he's giving her time

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice
    i am glad she is trying to trust him

    smileyhug7679

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eagerly waiting for the next part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it. Great how Arnav handled Shyam.

    - desisweetheart9 from IF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply like LOVED IT. ahahhah The dream part was so intense and it was SO ARNAV KHUSHI; i mean somthing they would do in the show. I m glad that the real IPKKND is getting better YYEAAHHH!!!!! But ur ff still wins. Thnx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Khusi her emotions are everywhere !! She is never going to feel at safe living in that house whilst slime ball Shyam is there.
    Great update & thanks for PM. This is my 5th attemp to comment on here :(

    From - arnavluva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww lovely update!
    It was great
    Hope khushi forgets her past !

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Fantastic update!I hope Khushi forgets the past.

    (tinsel)

    ReplyDelete