Monday, May 14, 2012

FF : BREAKOUT Part 6









“Who the HELL is knocking at our door this early!” Arnav face was now etched with anger...

“Shhhh...” Khushi pulled the sheet up over herself...

“Hari Prakashji...Nevermind for this morning...”

Arnav gawked at her in disbelief...

Khushi tried to move closer to Arnav’s warm body, but he sat up quickly...”WHAT do you mean...’nevermind for this morning’...Khushi!?”

Khushi fell back onto the bed in a fit of laughter...

Arnav couldn’t hold back his smile...seeing her bubble over with joy made his heart soar...

Coming over her, and leaning in dangerously close, his voice came out dark and languid...”Khushi...answer me please...”

“Oh...oh...um...Arnavji...because you haven’t been...um...’waking’ me for the last few weeks, I asked Hari Prakashji to knock on my door at 7am every morning so that I could get up and start my day...being pregnant has made me so tired and I...”

Her sentence was cut short by her husbands mouth pressing onto hers...

Eventually they came up for air...

“For a moment I thought I would have to beat him up...”

Khushi burst into laughter again...


…....................


Later that day, Arnav took some time away from working and went to find Khushi...

“Payal? Where’s...”

“She’s helping Nani with some cleaning in her room...”

“what?! she’s not supposed to be doing anything...”

Arnav stomped off to find her...

He burst into Nani’s room only to be “shushed”...”SHHH! Chote, you must learn to be quieter! Practice for when your baby arrives...” she smiled and ushered him in...

“Nani, I have to find...”

He stopped quick and smiled in the direction he was staring...

“And when did this happen...” he asked softly...

“About 15 minutes ago...I didn’t have the heart to wake her...”

Khushi was sitting on the floor, resting her back against Nani’s bed to sort out clothes...and had fallen fast asleep...

“I tried to tell her to sit on a chair or on the bed, but she said she worked better on the floor...and then when I began talking about my children when they were little, she went quiet...I looked up and she was like this...”

Arnav knelt down beside her...

Moving her hair away from her face he placed a soft kiss against her lips...

She scrunched up her nose in response, took a deep breath and remained sleeping...

Khushi was dreaming...

She hadn’t had nightmares in months...

Since the day Arnav brought her home, they had started their highly passionate married life...

Even in her dreams, she yearned to be near him...

She squirmed slightly and felt something warm pressed against her cheek and a steady rhythm teased her ear.

She inhaled.

Hmm, masculine and sensual...

She turned her head and buried her nose in…Arnav’s neck.

She opened her eyes and blinked, heat suffusing her face.
Arnav was carrying her towards their room....

He had her cradled tenderly in his arms.

It felt wonderful....            

“Arnavji...” she murmured.

He slowed his steps down...“Go back to sleep...I’ve got you...”

“You shouldn’t be carrying me,” she protested although she made no attempt to get down.

“I don’t mind.”

“But I’m so, uh, so heavy.”

He chuckled, his arms tightening around her thighs. “You’re perfect.”

He pushed a door with his foot and walked into their bedroom.

A tender smile graced her lips and she swiped the moisture from her eyes...

As he set her down he sat beside her running his hand over her head...

“Go back to sleep, I know you’re tired...”

She braced her hands on either side of his face...”Kiss me...”

With no arguments or hesitation, he bent down and joined their lips...moving slowly and erotically...

The kiss slowed and their lips parted...

“I love y...” he stopped...

She was asleep again...

…............

“I need an update...”

“I’d love to give you one sir...but we have absolutely nothing to report...It’s as though he’s disappeared...No one has seen him anywhere...and there has been absolutely NO movement or activity around your house...”

“I don’t understand...I need him FOUND! I can’t have my wife at risk like this...”

“Sir, we are doing all we can...”

“I know...I know...please tell me if you find out ANYTHING, I mean it...Anything...”

“ofcourse sir...”

Arnav exhaled in frustration...

“I thought this was OVER!” he threw the glass he was holding against the wall...

“Whoa...!” Khushi said loudly...

“Khushi...!?” he spun around fast...

“oh my God, did I hurt you?!” he raced towards her running his hands all over her...

“Hey! I’m fine, but YOU!? Why are you destroying our glasses...?”

“I’m sorry, I...”

“Haven’t they found Shyam yet?”

“No...not a trace of him...and I just don’t know how to cope with....”

Arnav froze.

Dread started to shadow over him...

He looked up at his wife feeling overwrought with guilt...

“How did...Khushi I’m sor...I didn’t mean to...please forgive...I just...”

Khushi walked towards him...”Arnavji...it’s okay...I’m safe here with you...like I’ve said a million times over, Nothing can happen to me when you are here...”

She threaded her arms around his waist and awkwardly hugged him...

He stayed as still as a statue...

“Arnavji...?” her hands were massaging his back as she spoke...

“How...” he breathed...


“You told me last night...when you thought I was sleeping...”

Arnav closed his eyes...”God I’m so stupid...I didn’t want you to know because...”

“Because you didn’t want me to worry, I know...” she leaned back and wrapped her arms around his neck...

Arnav’s hands shook as he clung to his wife...”I’m so sorry...I didn’t want this for you...”

“Arnavji...please listen to me...all I want, is you...I don’t care about anything else...”

He led her to sit down...”Forgive me...for hiding this from you...” he kneeled beside her...

“I said it’s okay! I understand! Now please, I’m so hungry...”

“Khushi...I’ve just found out that you know the BIGGEST stressor in our lives right now, and you’re thinking about food?!”
“yes...” she said smiling...”aren’t you happy about that?! that I’m not obsessing over it...”

“I just want you to be safe, I can’t bear the thought of anything happening to you...”

“Nothing will, I will stay here, I KNOW you’ll be working from home, everything will be...”
“I can’t believe I just told you like this! I didn’t want you to ever know about this! I wanted to keep ALL stress out of your life...”

“STOP!” she yelled.

Khushi stood up fast and said, “THIS is stressing me Arnavji!”

Slowly rising, Arnav tightened his jaw...”Khushi, forgive me...I don’t want to be the one who stresses you...”

“I know...” khushi started to see sparkles in her eyes...”It’s okay...I know you...you react like this...”

He moved forward and held her...”I won’t let anything happen to you...I promise...”

“I love you Arnavji...I really do...” her voice faded as she spoke...

Arnav felt her slump against him...

His breathing stopped...”Khushi?”

He lifted her in his arms and took her back to bed...

“Khushi!? Wake up jaan! Oh God...”

He checked her pulse and let out a breath of relief to feel a strong beat...

“Khushi...Khushi wake up...” fear and panic saturated him...

Keeping his one hand on her wrist...he lifted his phone from his pocket calling the doctor...

….....................

Anjali rushed upstairs not 5 minutes later with their doctor following closely behind...”Chote? The doctor has arrived saying you called...” her eyes zoned in on Khushi...”Oh God...is she okay?”

The doctor had already begun his checks...

“What’s wrong? what has happened?” Anjali held her brother’s arm as he watched feeling totally helpless....

“She found out Di...She found out...and I...She was fine...she wasn’t even scared...” He clenched his fists feeling furious with himself...

“How did she find out?”

“That’s not the point! She wasn’t worried! I WAS! And I scolded her for NOT being as worried as I was! I’m the biggest jaskass in the world...I wanted to keep her life stress free and look what I caused! ME!!!!”

“Mr. Raizada, calm down please...She fainted...She’s actually perfectly fine, and so is the little one...here, come...”

Arnav walked over and the doctor handed him a machine that looked like a small phone or speaker...”Here, take this end and hold it to her lower abdomen...”

The doctor guided Arnav’s hand, almost instantly, a static sound was heard, along with a loud thudding...

Arnav was struck silent...he stared in awe...“Is...Is that...Is that my...”

“That would be your baby’s heartbeat...” the doctor said smiling...

Arnav smiled and looked at Khushi’s sleeping face...”Is...Is Khushi okay? tell me...”

“She’s fine...Like I said, she fainted...and I couldn’t help overhearing what you told your sister...Don’t tread too carefully around her, but please, don’t stress her out too much...her blood pressure dropped and that’s why she fainted...she may have just stood up too quickly...”

Arnav thanked the doctor for coming so fast and he and Anjali left the room...

Khushi was trying to roll on her side and started groaning as she strained to move...

“Hold on Khushi...” Arnav quickly grabbed a pillow and laid it under her swollen stomach, as his hands gently pressed her lower back to maneuver her...

When she was comfortable, she held onto his hand and sleepily muttered...”Thankyou Arnavji...I’m still hungry...”

And fell back to sleep...








1 comment:

  1. loved the update the baby is taking a toll on her she is so tiny loved how she kept falling asleep after saying she is hungry so cute loved it glad she told him she knows awesome update

    ReplyDelete