Friday, May 4, 2012

FF : I Feel Everything Part 15 - Splinters


Arnav floored it and accellerated towards RM.

He kept recalling NK’s words...”EMPTY EYES...”

He punched the steering wheel viciously...”NO! What the HELL has happened!”

Pulling into his driveway, he barely waited for the car to stop before bolting inside and up the stairs...

NK was standing outside the bedroom door...

“Naanav! Wow, you were fast...how did...”

Arnav grabbed NK by the shirt...”I’m not mad at you...But get the hell out of my way...NOW!”

Not even staying a second longer to respond, NK darted away...

…...........

Khushi sat in silence.

Her thoughts were causing a fierce tension headache...“What do I do...I don’t want to see him, but...I have to keep Arnavji safe...”

The path that seemed so very clear earlier that day was now was shadowed, uneven, and overgrown.

She needed Arnav.

At that moment, Khushi heard the bedroom doors open and close firmly...and as if from merely needing him, she knew he was there.

He ran to her side, but saw her sitting almost in a hypnotized state...

He crouched in front of her. “Khushi...Sweetheart?”

Her chest rose on a deep breath...

Her body was stiff, reminding him of how she’d locked into herself months ago.

His heart began to thud...

Those months were the hardest of his and her life . . .

He hoped to God he’d never, never have to see her like that again...and yet here she was...

Arnav slowly lifted his hand and cupped her face.

For a brief second, her eyes lost that blank stare.

The flash of emotion in them was too fleeting to pin down, but he’d seen it, and what he saw, looked like fear....

Gently, he gripped her shoulders...”Khushi...Khushi talk to me jaan, you’re scaring me...”

Khushi’s thoughts were screaming for his help, for his safety, for this to be all a bad dream, but she felt a fear rise inside her that she hadn’t felt in a long time....

Arnav, however, was beginning to panic...he shook her. “Don’t! Don’t do this again! I’m here! I’m right here, damn it!!”

His eyes finally found hers...

The moment Khushi’s eyes registered Arnav’s, she burst into tears.

Without saying a word, Arnav crushed her to his chest.

Neither of them spoke...

His arms held her so tight, she couldn’t breathe, but she didn’t care.

She heard Shyam’s voice again...”Does Arnav’s life really mean so little to you...”

A shudder danced through her.

Arnav pulled her tighter against him, a cold settling down his spine while the sunlight warmed across the room.

He needed to know. 



SOMETHING had caused this, and he wouldn’t rest until he knew...

“Khushi...” he whispered against her hair...

She moved closer to him...

“Sweetheart what happened...tell me...”

He moved back to look at her...



Her face was white with fear...

The roar that filled his head stopped his heart.

No way in hell.

Whoever had made her feel this way was going to pay...



"Khushi...You're safe...You're here with me...you know bloody well that I won't let anything happen to you...please tell me what's wrong...I will fix this..."


She was earnestly trying to stop her tears...but her body was shaking with emotion...


Arnav held her shoulders and came up on his knees...


His mouth sought hers in a plundering kiss...


Their lips finally broke apart with a resonating smack...


"Tell me who has frightened you..."

Khushi looked up at him and saw his determined, revengeful expression...

“Arnavji...Are...Are you okay?” she asked him as her fingers tightened on his shirt....

“Am I ok?” he gawked at her, incredulous that she’d even ask him that. “Me?”

Arnav raked his hand through his hair and looked around in frustration...

He saw an object floating in the pool...

Leaning over he picked up the phone...”Khushi?”

She averted her eyes from his...”I’m...I’m fine Arnavji...I...I just...”

“Who called Khushi.” He came to face her again...

Khushi stood up feeling a bit shaky, but quickly tried to hide it...closing her eyes to regain her stance...

“You KNOW bloody well that I’m not going to let this go...I haven’t seen you so scared in months...” He now stood in front of her...

She opened her eyes and met Arnav’s angry glare. He didn’t say a single word, but he didn’t have to. He might as well have just roared, “Who?”

She tried to back away only to have Arnav’s arm reach out around her waist and pull her flush against him...

“A...Arnavji...Pl..please...” her tears were coming again...

“Tell me Khushi...”

She shook her head, “Don’t...Don't push this...please...”



"Why are you afraid Khushi..."


Her hands came up to his chest to resist him...

“I’m not letting you go until you tell me...”

Starting to feel angry, she harshly cried...”I said NO! Now let me go! Stop this!”

Arnav snarled as he tightened his vise-like hold on her waist causing her to whimper at the strength of his constraint...

He lifted his other hand...showing her the phone...

“Who called...” 



"NO ONE!"


His arm became tighter...


Khushi drew in a shaky breath...

"WHO!"



"Arnavji...pp..ppllease..." her broken voice was shattering him, but he pushed more...


Arnav leant forward...


Khushi turned her head away...


His lips were hot on her cheek as he whispered..."Tell Me Khushi..."

Khushi tried to take in a breath and slowly whispered...”Sh...Shyam...”

The moment she spoke, Arnav became immobile. 



His grip instantly loosened on her and tightened on the phone...the urge to shatter it, to destroy it clawed through him.

He bit down until pain shot up his jaw, and still rage roared through him...



Khushi blinked and a tear rolled down her cheek and hit his lips...


He quickly sat and turned her to straddle his lap...


Dropping the phone, he lifted his hands to her face...

“Arnavji...” she whispered, her breath jerky...“I...I'm okay... He...he...he wants to up...upset you.”

Upset? Blinking, the world fell back into focus.

She was as white as snow.., and he noticed her breathing was ragged.

“Upset? No. No, I’m not fucking upset. I’m way beyond that!”

He wanted to face the bastard and rip his heart out.

He wanted to . . .

“Arnavji...Please...”

His eyes keenly searched hers...what he saw crippled his soul...

Her eyes were tortured...

Memories that should never have been recalled were now swimming in her head...

“Khushi...Why did he...?...What did he...?” Arnav couldn’t control his emotions any longer...

He grabbed her by her shoulders and spoke dominantly...”Tell me...why he called...NOW...”

Khushi started to feel sick with worry and guilt...”I am to blame for all this...his stupid obsession, his threats...to Anjali, to me and now to Arnavji...I must be a vile person to get this type of attention...Vile, disgusting, evil...”

“ENOUGH!” he yelled shaking her... “I swear if you speak about yourself that way one more time, you won’t like what I do. I mean it, Khushi! You will not talk about the woman I love that way.”  


Her eyes rounded in shock.

She hadn’t realized she’d been speaking her thoughts out loud.

Her face flushed at the careless way she revealed her insecurities to him.

She turned away.

He held onto her firmly but gently, making her face him. “so he has threatened me...?”

Her horrified eyes shot up...

She opened her mouth to try to speak...

“Don’t you dare lie to me or try to deny it Khushi...”

Tears spilt over her eyes as she quietly retold him what Shyam said...

Hearing the threats and demands, Arnav’s fury was erupting with a vengeance ...



His anger was so aflame that he wanted to reduce every piece of furniture in his room into splinters...

He withdrew and looked into her eyes...”You are NOT going to see him...do you understand me?”

Fear seized her heart again as she spoke...”I...I don’t want anything to happen to you...”

His aggression almost immediately dissipated...

Framing her face in his hands, he lightly touched her lips with his...

He kissed the tear that slipped from her eye and fell to her cheek.   

When she looked away, he whispered, “Don’t look away from me...”                    

His lips were soft on hers.

He felt her body trembling and heard her nervous moans...

“Khushi...Calm down sweetheart...” he whispered against her mouth...

Her fingers only dug more harshly into his shoulders...”I...I heard his voice...After all this time...”

Immediately, Arnav held her closer...”Hear MY voice Khushi...I won’t let anything happen...Trust me...”



Tears splashed from her eyes..."I thought I lost you once...I saw you unconscious on the floor...I...I've never been so scared...not even of Shyam...I just didn't want to lose you...I...I can't go through that again Arnavji...I Can't..."


Her panic seered through him...


He drew her closer...one arm holding her back, the other at the base of her neck..."YOU. WON'T. LOSE. ME. Now Stop this! NOW!"


He gripped her head and devoured her...


A flash-fire ignited them simultaniously.. 


It was an all out fire-breathing dragon of a kiss. 


A kiss so hot that the cinders scorched a hole in his reason. 


Swept up in the firestorm, he plundered her mouth, slanting his head one way then the other, sweeping his tongue deep inside to curl intimately around hers.  


It was purely carnal and exactly what they both needed. 


Holding her head, he nibbled down her neck. 


His hand roamed upward to her waist, then higher, until his palm swallowed the curve of one breast. 


She whimpered and ground her hips into his. 


He groaned and sank his teeth into her neck.


"Arnavji...I need you..."
Her voice was thick with emotion...


Arnav wanted nothing more than to drive into her there and then, but he knew this was a different kind of need...


"You have me Khushi...forever...I promise..."


And his lips found hers again...






.............................


12 hours later.


2am.


"Arnav...Khushiji mustn't care for you much since it's obvious she told you of our...conversation..."


Arnav leaned back against the bars..."You have had an EMPTY cell all to yourself. Solitary. You haven't had any friends. No one has been released from this prison in over two years...So I'm going to warn you about all your empty threats..."


Leaning down so the expression on his face was seen and understood...Arnav told in graphic detail what he’d do if Shyam ever thought about Khushi, let alone tried to contact her again.  


Arnav meant every damn word.  


He’d do anything to protect the woman he loved.











3 comments:

  1. welcome back awesome update loved it poor khushi and arnav this nightmare has start all over again snake just can't stay out off their life hope arnva kills him this time loved the update well written and beautifully done that was intense and emotional loved it thanks for the pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome


    prrk86 (IF)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice update. Good that Arnav knows about the phone call.

    -desisweetheart9 from IF.

    ReplyDelete