Saturday, May 12, 2012

SS : The Spice Of Life Part 2





6 Days Remaining...


"Arnav Babua?" Buaji was genuinely surprised...

"Buaji..."

"You HAVE come...I thought that after everything you put Khushi through you would have willingly set her free..."

Arnav graciously took the insult..."She deserves freedom...freedom to love and to be happy...and that is what I plan to give her..."

Buaji was taken aback momentarily, but quickly countered with..."I don't want my Khushi hurt anymore! For 5 months she was an emotional dam! Crying her heart out over what you did to her...and still all this time she has defended you! All this time she has tried to justify what YOU did! But were you here when she was like this? NO!"

Buaji stampeded closer till she was almost nose to nose with Arnav..."If you make her that despondent again...'life' will be the least of your worries..."

Arnav was now speechless...

5 months ago he felt utterly disgraced at himself for his treatment toward Khushi...

But when she left, she seemed so strong...she ALWAYS seemed so strong...

Not that he saw crying as a weakness, he just didn't realize that she had remained loyal to him as a wife, even though...

Mortification rippled through him at warp speed...

"Buaji...All those months when I tried to see her...All those times you and Auntie spoke to me...You said she didn't want to see me...I have visited your house every week for FIVE MONTHS! to only find out NOW that my wife was dissolving in tears not more than 10 feet away from me!"

"WE didn't let you see her! We weren't prepared to let you hurt her more!"

Arnav's anger zeroed in..."HURT HER!? I have been out of my mind without her! No words can describe how much I want and need her! As I said the day she left...I LOVE HER..."

Buaji was joined by Garima who had been listening intently..."Arnavji...Please try to understand...We saw how depressed she was...We didn't want to risk having her plummet even further..."

"I could have helped...I could have spoken to her...proved how bady I needed her, how sorry I was..."

A new thought struck him..."Was she even aware of my visits? or calls?"

The ladies looked at each other..."No. We never told her."

The impact of their answer struck him like lightening..."She...she never knew...that means..."

"yes...we convinced Khushi for the divorce...we are her family...we believe that it is best for her..."

Arnav's eyes shot up...shining with fierce determination...

Resolution became tatooed onto his heart...

"I may not have been what was best for her then, but I love Khushi and I will NOT give her up...not now, not EVER..."

"We are her family..." Buaji spoke firmly...

"And I am her husband...until she tells me, with a decision she has made from her OWN mind, that she wants this stupid divorce...Now...I respectfully ask you to inform my wife, that her husband is here..."

Buaji and Garima stared dumbly...

"Arnavji?"

Khushi stood beneath the arch of her bedroom's doorway...

Arnav felt like he was in a filmy movie...

His heart started to beat ferociously...

His eyes zoomed in on her beautiful features...

As if in slow motion, he walked towards her...

Stopping dangerously close in front of her, all he managed to rasp out was, "Hi..."



"Nam..Namaste..."

"How are you today?"

"I...I'm...okay...how are you?" her voice was nervous...

"I'm with you..."

"uh...um..."

Arnav leaned in closer and whispered..."You look beautiful..."

His forthrightness shocked and unnerved her.

She realized that if she had expected to remain unmoved by this man, she'd been mistaken.

Instead, she was now a bundle of nerves...

"Did...did you want some tea? I can..."

"I'd love some..." he interrupted...

But he still wasn't moving away...

Khushi awkwardly tried to move past him but only ended up standing closer to him...

She could feel the heat of his body as they stood almost pressed together...

"Arnavji, I have to..."

Arnav smiled slightly, and leaned in to kiss her lingeringly on her cheek as he had done all those months ago...

Her reaction was almost exactly the same...

Shock, fire, wide eyes...

His lips burned her skin and her big eyes shone with wonderment...

Before she could back away, or push him away, Arnav stepped back, clearing the doorway for her to walk out...

Scurrying away, Khushi made her way to the kitchen as Arnav followed..

Buaji came in and informed Khushi that Garima and her were taking Babuji out..."We will NOT be long, and if you need anything Happyji is out front..."

Sending Arnav one more piercing gaze of warning, she thumped out of the house...

Alone.

Alone with her 'husband'.

Alone with Arnav Singh Raizada.

"No problem...I have been alone with him before...but...those were times when he hated me...when he was angry...when I was scared of him...but...I'm still scared of him..."

Her thoughts were running rampant as she fumbled about preparing the tea.

"I may not be scared for the same reason but...maybe it is the same reason...although he doesn't look like he's going to hurt me...but then, I haven't seen him in months and he may want revenge...but what kind of revenge would this be?"

She chanced a look over her shouler at him...He was staring at her closely...

Quickly turning away, her thoughts continued..."He appears different...but still the same angry laad govenor..." she snickered a little..."would he be angry at me still though...no Khushi...what have you done? you cleared your name...you proved your innocence...it's over...this is over...our relationship is...is...He said he...he lov...loves..."

"I said that I love you..." Arnav declared...

Realization crashed into her...

She was thinking everything out loud...

Her hands shook and the cup she was holding almost fell...

Arnav quickly caught it before it shattered on the floor...

Placing the cup on the kitchen bench, he held her trembling hands...

"I love you Khushi...and as for everything else you said...I won't hurt you...I am in no way angry at you...you are the most beautiful, the most frustrating, the most generous, and the most trustworthy woman I know..."

He brought his hands up to her face as he continued..."Our relationship is not over..."

Khushi felt indignation spike in her heart and stepped away from him...

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she lied. 

"Yes you do," he said calmly..."You're putting stumbling blocks in our path."

"There is no 'our path,' There's your way and mine."

Arnav prowled forwards..."since the day I met you...both of our 'paths' have met continuously...whether you want it to be this way or not...you and I will always end up together...I fought it...you may fight it...but there one thing that we can't fight...Love...I've loved you since the beginning..."

Khushi stood mesmerized by his eyes, but managed to grind out..."We aren't meant for each other..."

His eyes...they unnerved her even more than his penchant for total honesty.

Suddenly she saw him smile...

"why...why are you smiling?"

"I'm thinking what fun I'm going to have proving that you're wrong."

"You...what...I...um..."

He quickly backed her up against the cupboard...

There was barely a breath between them...with one hand, he ran his fingers down her arm and held her hand...and with the other, he lifted her chin gently tipping her face upward, forcing her to look directly into his eyes.

"I have said this before, but this time I want you to see the love in my eyes as I do...I am Arnav Singh Raizada...And I never back away from a challenge..." he murmured.

She felt as if she'd been pulled into the center of a volcano...and the only was out, was to erupt with love...

His eyes seared her face, his hand burned her chin, and the nearness of him blazed through her with a ferocity that made her knees weak. 

Not for one second since she'd met him had she forgotten that he was Arnav Singh Raizada... a man of power...

Unconsciously her tongue flicked over her lips, and she wondered what he would think if he knew that she wanted to kiss him.

Right now.

This very minute.

She wanted to wind herself around him, and press her mouth onto his, she wanted to run her hands over those magnificent muscles...

In the small eternity his hands were touching her, the thoughts reeled drunkenly through her mind...

So much for going by the rules.

Arnav lowered his hands and shoved them deep into his pockets.

He balled them into fists and strained against the fabric...

She had no idea how close she had come to being kissed.

Don't push too hard and too fast, he warned himself.

Give her time to get used to the idea.

Curb that impatience that's been growing inside from the moment she fell into his arms...



3 comments:

  1. aaawwwww I love how Khushi and Arnav both want to kiss each other, "once tasted cant get enough!!!"
    AHHAHAHAH it was funny when he was trying to convince himself in the end to control his feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found arnav quite funny and cute in this story

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome update loved it one kiss is never going to be enough that aunt and garima hide the truth from her all this time he has been trying to get her back and they never told her love the update loved both thinking about kissing each other

    ReplyDelete