Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SS : The Spice Of Life Part 5







“Khushi,” he whispered...

He took her hand and let her to the couch...

Holding her shoulders, he guided her to sit down and quickly sat beside her...

Her eyes darted around the room...“I...I have to go and...”

Lifting he hands to her face, he moved her to face him

Spearing his fingers into her hair he claimed her lips in a tender kiss, holding her mouth prisoner under his.

Every fiber of her screamed at her to pull away, but the seductive teasing of his tongue paralyzed her.

He slid his arms around her and held her snug against his firm unyielding body.

Shivers rippled through her as he nibbled a path down her neck to the hollow at the base of her throat...

He let his eyes linger on her chest...

Her breathing was making her breasts heave up and down...

Quickly shutting his eyes, he took a deep breath...

Lifting his eyes back to Khushi, their gazes locked...

“I love you Khushi...”

Her lips parted...”I...I...”

He slid closer...

Heat, intense as the breath of a volcano, still coursed through her, and she thought she might never be cool again.

“I love you...” he repeated again as his breath warmed her face...

Tears filled her eyes...



She wanted to say it...


She wanted so desperately to say it...


He frowned, his expression was full of regret and pain...


“Khushi I can see it in your eyes...I can see your answer there...Why can’t you say it...”

His hand caressed her cheek softly wiping the tears that were cascading down...

“KHUSHI!?” Payal's voice echoed up the stairs...

Khushi tried to stand up when she heard Payal call out, but her husband’s arm around her waist held her captive...

“I’m not giving up on us Khushi...”

She started to shake her head...

“No...I’m not giving up...”

“Khushi!?” Payal called out...

Arnav released her and she stood up speedily...

She rushed to the door and listened intently...



”What am I going to do now...Jiji is calling for me...and...and I’m in HERE...and Arnavji is in here...and I’m wearing...” she looked down...”THIS!”

She huffed, standing up straight stamping her foot like a misbehaving toddler... “I don’t know what I’m doing!”

She spoke with such zest...acted with such spice...

He hadn’t known it was possible to love a woman as much as he loved her.

He had racked his brain for a sure way to convince her to stay in this marriage, but so far he had come up empty.

If he didn’t get a breakthrough soon, there wouldn’t be a shred of carpet left on his bedroom floor...he had paced the threads to the concrete beneath...

“I am so confused...” she said though a choked voice...

His gaze shot up at her...



A tear spilled over, and another, until her cheeks were wet with crying.

Arnav went to her in such haste that he nearly tripped...

He pulled her up into his arms and cradled her head on his chest.

“I don’t mean to confuse you Khushi...I really don’t...Look, I’ll go and explain everything to Payal...”

“No...!” Khushi fiercely gripped Arnav’s arms as she cried...”Jiji will tell Buaji and then I won’t be allowed to leave my room without her pulling at my ear...”

He almost wanted to smile, but her tears were killing him...”Okay okay...what did YOU want to do?”

Wrinkling her nose at him, she made a face and said...”I will think of something...”

“Oh good, I always secrectly enjoyed your ‘plans’...”

“You’re just . . . saying that . . . to make me feel . . . better.”

The words came out between sniffles, and the tears rained, unchecked, onto the front of his shirt.

Every sob was like a knife plunging straight into his heart.

He would have walked on nails rather than see her cry...

Pressing his face into her hair and murmuring soothing sounds, he felt her begin to calm...

He held her precious body close to his, dancing to the slow love song that throbbed in his heart.



He buried his lips in the fragrant hair just above her ear. 


“I would like to hold you this way forever...” he whispered. 


“Forever isn't for sure yet...” She didn’t know how she had the courage to be speak at a time like this, a time of racing pulses, thundering hearts and runaway passions. 


With the music of heartbeats filling her soul and stars winking from his eyes...SHE now felt like shouting her love at the top of her lungs. 


“This feels like forever to me.” He said as his arms tightened around her, and in that moment he knew he could never let her go...7 days or not...he wouldn't give up until she was his...completely his...


There had to be a way through her barriers. 


And he was determined to find it. 


“I don’t want to think about forever, Arnavji...” 


“Why?” he asked softly. 


“Because it makes me sad.” 


“Sadness can be abolished.” 


“Not the sadness of a forever without you.” She hadn’t meant to say it; it just popped out. 

Arnav stopped breathing hearing her impulsive revelation. 



He could almost feel the fence between them come tumbling down. 


He could almost leap through the barrier and make this marriage real. 


But not quite. 


He could still feel her uncertainty, and he would never take advantage of her vulnerability. 


“This divorce doesn't have to happen...It doesn’t have to be that way...” he replied carefully. 


“Tell me why it doesn’t have to be that way.” 


“In cases of the heart, nothing matters except the feelings of the two people involved.”


“That may be the way it SHOULD be, but is it? Does it work that way in real life or only in fantasy?” 


She lifted her face to his... “Don’t answer that. I want to forget everything...” 


He could feel the smooth silk of her skin through the thin cotton of his shirt... 


Her vibrance communicated itself through his fingertips, and unconsciously his hands moved in erotic circles on her back. 


As he held the girl of his dreams in his arms, he had a moment of epiphany. 


This marriage had started out as one for appearances, but long before that, their relationship had always been one of the heart.


He had simply been too blind to see. 


He cursed himself for wasting so much time...


He took her shoulders and lowered his lips to hers... 


His kiss was gentle and giving, a reassurance that their heart would never stop beating for each other... and that forever was not just a dream. 


His strength and confidence wrapped around Khushi as she accepted the kiss as a gift. 


She basked in its sweetness and felt the glow of it fill her heart. In spite of his enormous desire, there was no desperation in his kiss. 


It was his way of giving without taking, of showing without pressuring. 


At last he lifted his head and looked deeply into her eyes. “I love you, Khushi” he said with quiet strength. “I always have ..."

His arms around her, hands rubbing her back...

Realizing where she was again she  moved back only to slam her back against the door...

Her eyes widened in surprise...

“Khushi?! Are you in Arnavji’s room?”  Payal stood right outside the door...

Her mouth opened in shock, and she looked helplessly to Arnav...

“Yes, she’s in here...with me...” Arnav smiled down at his wife who was now feeling completely staggared...

“Arnavji? You’re here? Is Khushi okay?” Payal’s voice filled with concern...

Keeping his arm around Khushi, he pulled her to the side and opened the door...

Payal’s face was reeling with shock seeing Khushi draped against Arnav, wearing his shirt...
“What is going on!?”

Arnav felt Khushi tremble...

“I came home, and found her in here...she changed into my shirt because...”

“I spilt milk...” Khushi finished his sentence, her voice shaky...

Payal just gawked at them both...

“Jiji...I don’t know what happened...I just wandered in...and...and...”

Payal stepped forward and cupped her face...”Khushi...from the moment you arrived you haven’t been yourself...I think you needed to see Arnavji...He’s not completely out of your system...”

“And I won’t ever be...I love her Payal...I want to try and make this work...”

Khushi’s eyes ascended up...she was mesmerized...

He sounded so genuine...

His eyes were so honest...

“I do too...”






2 comments:

  1. loved the update hope fully arnav will get some one on his side loved the update very cute and beautifully done well written

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww this is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete