Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SS : Yours Sincerely, Murder Part 4





Arnav scrunched the note in his fist as he clambered into the car and jetted away...

“Oh God...Oh God...Let her be alright...let her be alright...” he kept repeating as he constantly redialed Khushi’s number...

…............

“DI! HELP!” Khushi called out

Anjali quickly entered and assessed the situation...

“Abhaas...Stand down! Do NOT throw that!”

Khushi began a staredown with her nephew, who was armed with a water bomb...

“Khushiji, I’m so sorry, he’s already drenched everyone in the house! and then the phone began to ring off the hook and ofcourse everyone was changing!”

Khushi quickly perked up...”Ringing? OH God!!! It will be Arnavji!”

Quickly trying to sidestep the two year old, she hurried past to phone her husband...

Turning back before the phone started to connect, she said, “I will definitely play in a...”

Splash.

Anjali couldn’t help but laugh as she saw her highly sneaky son launch the water bomb straight at Khushi...filling her mobile with water...

Momentarily stunned, Khushi soon joined in the laughter...

The lighthearted moment was soon interrupted by a loud scream...

“Khushi!”

All heads turned to see Arnav.

He bounded down the hallway and hauled Khushi against him...

“What is going on Arnavji!” Khushi tried to yell...

“I...I just...”

Khushi grabbed his jacket collar and hauled her husband out to the poolside...

The ASR in him wanted to react to being pulled around, but the fear in him was stronger...

Once outside, she yanked him in front of her and with fire in her eyes demanded an explanation...

“What is going on Arnavji!”

“Please Khushi don’t press this, I don’t want to put any pressure on you...”

Stepping forward, she pointed a firm finger at him...”Don’t you DARE hide things from me!”

Arnav was starting to shake...”Khushi...please...I was so worried when you didn’t call me...”

Khushi almost softened towards him seeing how panicked he was, but no, not this time...

“WHAT...IS...GOING...ON!!!!!”

Arnav held onto her wrist gently but tightened his hold when Khushi tried to yank it away...

“Let me go!”

His eyes darkened with anger...”I am trying to PROTECT you! I will die if something happens to you!!! Don’t you understand that!!!”

Her words shot out at him...”All I know it that if you DON’T tell me what is going on, I will NEVER allow you to make love to me again!!!!!!!!!”

Arnav’s body coiled as if she struck him...

“Your life is in danger dammit!!! I’m almost going mad fearing for you!”
Khushi froze...”My what? What are you talking about Arnavji?”

Holding her shoulders firmly he stepped closer to her...”See, that look of fear in your eyes...that is the very thing I wanted to keep from seeing EVER again...”

Furiously pulling away from him she lashed out...”How did you expect to keep it from me with your insane attitude!”

He raked his hand through his hair...”I don’t know! As soon as ANYTHING threatens you all the control, all the calm, everything about me instantly flips and I only am left with one thought...TO PROTECT YOU...”

Khushi saw how frantic he was...

“What kind of threat...”

Arnav hesitantly lifted the crumpled paper to her...

She turned pale with fright as she read it...


Yours Sincerely,
Murder...




She read the last three words aloud...

“Murder?”

Arnav flinched hearing it...

“They aren’t even signing their name, just a scenario? What kind of threat is this!? I was fine the entire time!? How would they have known? Unless...”

“Unless someone was watching you...” Arnav’s voice was growling...

Still encompassed by fear, Khushi lunged towards Arnav, hitting his chest with her fists...”You were going to hide THIS from me!?!”

Arnav grabbed her hands and held her still...”I didn’t want to see you afraid agaiin, I didn’t want you to live in fear...”

Khushi backed away...”I understand that...but you should have told me...”

Spinning around, she stormed into their room...

She heard movements behind her and jerked around.

Arnav was closing in on her fast.

The look in his eyes had her taking a step back.

She tried to look for a way around him, but he had already slammed her hard against the wall...

His hand came up protectively behind her head to shield her from the force...

“I only did what I thought was right at the time...I was scared to death reading those threats against you...The ONLY thought in my head was to find you, and hold you!!!! Can’t you SEE how much I love you!”

Khushi’s lips parted as she saw the intense amount of desperation coming from her husband...

Her emotions began to explode inside her and she leaned forward and kissed him, her lush lips clinging to his as if never wanting to let go.

As he pulled her closer, she moaned a sob of distress...

He murmured her name as his lips bruised hers...

She realized she was safe in his arms and the need to know more was biting at her...

Easing away, Arnav was the first to speak...”I’m sorry, please try to understand...”

Trailing her fingers gently down his face, she said, “It’s okay...I do understand...Di is right when she says that the biggest thing we have in common is rage and anger …”

Both feeling significantly lighter, they smiled...

“But Arnavji...you said ‘notes’ plural...has there been more than one...?”

Arnav nodded...”3 now...”

He felt Khushi shiver...

“Khushi, I swear on my life that I won’t let anything happen to you...”

“I know Arnavji...but where are they coming from? Do you think it’s Shyam? He’s in prison, he CAN’T be watching me...”

“No, but he could have someone watching you for him...”

That second there was a smashing sound near the poolside along with a “oh no...” said by Anjali...

But now being a bundle of nerves, and only hearing the smash, Khushi pulled Arnav frantically against her...

“Shhhhhh....It’s Di...Khushi...It’s okay...” he soothed as he kissed her forehead...

“Chote? Khushiji?”

As Khushi clung to him, he turned and called out to her...”Di, we’re okay...we’ll be down in a minute...”

“It’s okay Chote, Abhaas told me he knocked one of your pots over today, and well, I WAS coming to fix it, but I’ve knocked over another one...”

Arnav smiled...”It’s okay Di...It’s just a pot...”

Anjali’s eyebrows arched...”oh...Ok Chote, I can’t thank Khushiji enough for coming into your life...you’ve changed...”

He heard her walk away and turned back to Khushi...

“Sweetheart? are you okay?”
Her face was burried in his shirt...”I’m okay...”

Her words came out all muffled but he heard her anxiety...

“Khushi...Here, You’re soaking wet...from what, I have no idea...” his low chuckle made her look up...

“A water balloon...”

Arnav pursed his lips...”I see...”

Khushi started to feel more at ease seeing Arnav’s playful side...”I should quickly change and start dinner...”

After one more lingering, hot, wet kiss, Arnav released her and sat to open his laptop...

Quickly deleting the sickening email, he tried to distract his mind with work...

…............

Later that evening, after a peaceful dinner with the family, Khushi and Arnav were in their room...

Arnav working on his computer again, and Khushi going through her diary, planning things to do with Payal when she arrives...

Arnav’s eyes kept glancing at Khushi...

Her eyes as they darted from date to date...

Her lips as she put the pencil she was holding slightly between them...

Her face that was illuminated by the flickering candlelight...

Khushi looked over to Arnav...who speedily darted his eyes away...

“Oh so we’re playing that game are we...” she thought...

As she stood up, one of the candles blew out...

That instant, Arnav received another email...



What sets your heart on fire, may ignite one day...

Yours Sincerely,
Murder



Instantly he looked up to Khushi, as she was about to strike a match...






4 comments:

  1. This is getting more and more interesting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the mystery loved the update the person is scaring arnav and playing with there lives loved the update

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SHIT! the match part was too creepy!!! but awww their fear for each other was so sweet! LOVED THE UPDATE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abso-freakin-lutely BRILLIANT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete