Friday, May 25, 2012

SS : Yours Sincerely, Murder Part 6

“Di, Can you get HP to come in and help clean up...”

“Ofcourse Khushiji...”

Anjali hurried out as Khushi approached Arnav...

His searing gaze locked onto her eyes...”How is he doing this!?”

She shivered hearing his growling voice...

Khushi moved closer to the paper and tried to read what it said...

“No...” Arnav tried to stop her from looking, and Khushi pricked her finger on one of the shards of broken glass...

She let out a sharp hiss and Arnav’s nerves shot to life...

His eyes settled in on the small pearl of blood that rested on the tip of her finger...

Blood.

Heat is blood...
Heat is Khushi...


No!

Swiftly lifting her into his arms, he strode to the kitchen and placed her delicately on the counter...

“Arnavji...I’m okay...it’s just a prick, I’m fine...”

Arnav didn’t hear a word she said...he whipped out his handkercheif and wrapped it around her finger...

He looked up at her and she expected to see anger, fear, panic...but instead he was smiling slightly...

“What are you smirking about?”
He stood up straight and touched his lips lightly to hers...”Oh...this is just reminding me of something...”

Her thoughts flashed back to the previous time he had bandaged her finger...

Her hand came up to hold his face...”I’m okay...What did the message say this time?”

His eyes became as thick as smoke...”It’s no longer easy to figure out...he’s talking in riddles, metaphors...I just...I don’t know...”

“Do you suppose it’s just some stupid teenager playing a joke?”

Arnav’s lips twitched in disgust...”Well if it is, then he has NO bloody idea who he’s dealing with...if the threats were against me then I could cope, but ANY threat to you and I become someone I don’t know how to control....”

He grabbed her by the hips and pulled her forwards, making sure she wrapped her legs snugly around his waist...

“Arnavji...” her eyes were darting around warily...”Not here...we have to go to work...I have to go to the markets and...”
He grabbed her head plastered his mouth onto hers...

Although she feared that someone would walk in, she thirsted for his lips against hers...

His constant craving for her delighted her...

“Chote!?”

Arnav heard Anjali call and slowed the kiss down...

As he decreased the intensity of their suctioned mouths, he lifted her off the bench and slid her down the length of his body...

He held her hips close to his so she could feel his arousal...

Heat flooded her cheeks and she raised her eyes to his...”You...are going to drive me crazy all day aren’t you...”

“Chote? Khushiji? Oh thank God...What happened? You seemed really rattled Chote...”

Arnav and Khushi glanced at each other...

“Nothing Di...The cup slipped and...”

“And Arnavji doesn’t want to be known for having ANY failings...” Khushi finished and grinned...

Anjali felt lighter and giggled...

“Khushi!? You’re going to pay for that one...”

Anjali smiled and said “Ok you two...I’ll see you later...”

….......................

Khushi looked over at Arnav …”Well, I’ll see you at the office handsome...”

As she began to walk away she soon that Arnav was walking right beside her...

He reached for her hand...”You’re coming with me today...I sent someone to pick up everything you need...”

“Thankyou...”

Arnav halted...”What?”

Khushi blinked a few times and said...”I said ‘thankyou’...”

Arnav took a small step back...”What! No arguement? No, “i can do it myself” speech?”

Smacking his chest with her free hand, Khushi told him...”Not this time Mr. Raizada...”

They drove in silence to his office, and he parked the car.

As she reached for the door, he snapped the locks shut...”I need to know why...”

Khushi began to straighten his tie as she spoke...”Because...I...I’m actually a bit nervous about all this myself...”

For some reason, what she had just said hit him worse than he had expected...

“I will find out who is doing this...I will...” he said firmly as he squeezed her hand...

Arnav entered his office and instantly called the cafeteria...

Khushi answered...”I’m fine!!!”
He smiled...”I just love hearing you...uh...hearing you scream at me...”
“Go be the boss...I’ll see you soon...”

….................

Time.

It was dragging on and on...

But Arnav was thankful that all his appoinments were distracting him...

As the last meeting ended he stood up and quickly grabbed his jacket from the back of the chair...

He switched the lights of the conference room off and turned quickly to make sure he hadn’t forgotten anything...

It was then that he received a text message...

Now that the light was off, the glow of words written on the screen shone out...



I may have reached my boiling point.

Yours Sincerely,
Murder...



Arnav’s first reaction was to run to her.

But he took a deep breath...

“There has been no actual attempt. It’s some gutless pervert.” he said to himself...

He slammed the door shut and went directly to where Khushi was.

As he entered...he saw her.

Fine.

Safe.

No threat.

Khushi looked up...”Well, this is certainly an improvement on your last entrance...”

His sexy gaze held hers as he walked towards her...

He pushed through the gateway at the side of the counter and closed in on her...

“If I remember correctly, you had NO problems with the way I...uh...entered...”

Khushi turned bright red...

“I mean the screaming as you burst in...”

His grin turned dark...”That’s exactly what I was going to say...”

Her jaw dropped open at his audacity...

Attempting to regain her composure, she lifted a plate in front of him...’Here...Your lunch...”

He took the plate and placed it on the opposite bench...

“Delicious...” his eyes were feasting on her...

Her breath caught in her throat, she was becoming unglued by the hunger in his eyes...

He smiled and swooped in to give her a devouring kiss.   

….....................

Soon the room was swarming with office workers and Arnav stood behind Khushi eating, and staring at her as his staff came forwards for their food...

She turned and caught his eyes roaming over her...

Khushi felt confused seeing all the workers eat so fast and leave even faster...until she heard a familiar snicker...

Swinging around she glared at her husband...”You are intimidating them all!!! Go up to your office! I will bring you your coffee...let everyone eat in peace!”

He decided to wait until they were home to tell her about the latest message...

“Ok...I look forward to it...”

He pulled her suddenly against him and kissed her hard, then walked out...

He was about  to exit the cafeteria, when the clang of a saucepan dropping to the floor had him turning around...

Arnav leaned back and looked down the aisle to see Khushi bend down and pick it up...

“How’s a man supposed to tear his eyes away from that!?” he called out to her....

She realized that he had been staring at her …

Khushi poked her tongue out at him and said “Go...I’ll bring your coffee up...”

He saw her thumb press the button on the stove...

Everything that happened next was in slow motion...

An explosion rocked the kitchen.

Windows shattered, missiling glass.

Arnav eyes stared in horror as Khushi flew back into the cabinets and the room echoed with her blood curdling scream...

1 comment:

  1. What. The. Hell!!!
    Omg! Hope she is alright! Loving this story! :)

    ReplyDelete