Saturday, June 9, 2012

FF : I Am...FREE Part 3



Hi All,

I know that this story has upset quite a few of you...
I have received quite a few PM's on the subject.

I know you all want Arnav and Khushi together...(AS DO I!) and I'm sorry that you are angry with me about this...but as a writer, I wanted to try a new angle...I'm NOT writing this because I WANT this to happen...










Part 3



"Khushiji..." NK dreaded talking to her about this...but he knew it needed to be addressed..."I know you don't want to go back to Shantivan...but think of Payal...think of Di...I know you're hurting, I know you don't want to see Naanav..."

"I don't want to be near him! I don't want to see him! I don't want to breathe the same air as him!" Khushi spat out...

"Whoa, It's okay..."

Khushi quickly softened towards him..."I'm sorry Nahneji...I am not angry at you...I...I just...I searched...I tried...I was miserable, I was worried beyond belief...and when I find him...he...he..."

Khushi broke down...

NK pulled Khushi close and tried to calm her..."Khushiji shhh...I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry..."

Khushi tugged on NK's shirt, pulling him closer to her...

"Khushiji, I know you...you don't turn your back on anyone, you don't run away..."

He felt her nod her head against his chest...

"I will return...but please..." her eyes lifted to his..."please don't leave me...please don't let him near me...I hate him...I hate that I am married to him...I just can't...I can't..."

Sobs took over again and NK held her gently as she let all her emotions finally break free...




..................



Staggering.

Like a man drugged...

Arnav stumbled into his room...

No place was safe from his mind...

Everywhere he looked, he saw her...

The poolside, the couch, the bed, the bathroom, his closet...even the fucking bedroom door...

He gripped his head wishing that somehow he could remove himself from this hell, into hell itself...
He fell to the floor beside his bed, Khushi's side...

His head hung low...

His eyes towards the ground...

Something shiny came into view...

A coin.

He mind instantly swam back to the time she was gathering coins from under the bed...

All just to buy color for holi, just to make HIS family happy and make hers accept her again...

He held the coin firmly in his hand...then brutally threw it out the poolside doors, screaming as his arm launched the metal through the air...

"I HATE MONEY!" his voice broke..."I hate power, I hate it!!! What good is it now!?!"

Laying his head on the bed, he blacked out...



.............





"Khushi bitiya!?" Nani cried almost in disbelief...

"Yes, Nani...I am back..." Khushi said quietly as she clutched NK's arm...

"She was released awhile back..." Nk  started to explain...

"We figured, Chote returned and he even collapsed..." Nani paused to gauge Khushi's reaction, but there was none..."he...he collapsed because he hadn't taken his medication for  a few days...he's...very depressed..."

Khushi started to walk inside the house...

"Khushi? I'm very concerned for Chote, would you please talk to him..."

She froze. Nk felt her hand tighten on his...

"Nani...uh...Khushi just spent the night in jail, she's tired, and she's hurting a lot right now...please give her some time..."

Nani nodded and began to walk away...
"Nani..." khushi said softly..."is...is Di...is she safe? healthwise?"

"Khushi!?" Payal ran up to her sister and hugged her fiercely...

"Jiji...I am so sorry I couldn't..."

"No Khushi...You have nothing to be sorry about..." payal said angrily..."Do not apologize..."

Khushi's body wavered slightly and NK reached out to steady her..."Khushiji?"

Nani and Payal both started to tell her to go upstairs to rest...

Khushi's eyes were wide with worry, "No, I don't want to see...NO...please..."

Nani stepped forward..."Khushi...you are the strongest person I know. And I know i have no right to ask anymore of you, since you have already sacrificed so much, but Anjali is very fragile...she is mourning greatly, please...please..."

Khushi lifted her hand to Nani's face and wiped away the tears that began to flow..."Nani...I will not cause any more problem for Di...I am shattered for her...I never wanted this to happen..."

Nani nodded...

"I will go upstairs. I need to rest, I haven't slept...in...I haven't slept..." Khushi's voice began to fade out...

She fainted safely into NK's arms...

NK held her close to his heart as Nani and Payal both walked up the stairs to help prepare the bed...

As they entered the room, Arnav lifted his head...

Seeing Khushi unconscious, his heart began to beat painfully..."Khushi?! Oh my God, What happened!"

"Stay where you are!" Payal said angrily...

Arnav's eyes were burning and he had to work hard to focus...

"Chote, Khushi bitiya has returned here to keep the peace for Anjali."

Hearing that drove another nail into his heart.
Arnav stretched out his arms..."Please, please let me hold her...I will take care of..."

"NO."

All eyes went to NK.

"I'm sorry Naanav, but I promised her. I promised her that I wouldn't let you near her. I PROMISED. And I keep my promises."

Waves of desolation hit Arnav...

He didn't have the strength to reply...

His voice was dead from crying...

Feeling utter devestation, he watched as NK carefully placed his wife on the bed...

Nani covered her up with the blanket as Payal went to get a wet towel to clear the tears off Khushi's face...

NK approached Arnav, who's gaze was lost in time...

"Naanav...I cannot stay in this room, because Khushiji is YOUR wife, but moreso because I respect her...But now I'm asking you...If you love her, like you SAY you do, then now's the time to ACT like you do...DO NOT go near her. She doesn't want it...and neither do I..."

NK's last statement hit home...

Arnav's senses returned and his eyes zoned in on the 'brother' infront of him...

"You have NO right! She is MY wife! and YOU get no say in what I do!"

Before NK could reply, Payal walked up to them...

"I have told you once before Mr. Raizada, once when you brought her into her room unconscious and bleeding...DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!"

Arnav felt his anger rising...

"Chote, Khushi was terrified to come up to this room, she didn't want to see you at all...even when..." Nani paused...

"Even when WHAT!?" Arnav growled...
"Even when I told her of your collapse, and the fact that you hadn't taken your medication...she...she didn't..."

"She didn't care." Payal said indignantly...

Arnav looked over to Khushi...

She was so pale.

So tiny.

Her face was blotchy from crying.

He felt hollow.

As though there was no life in him.

"She...has to care..." he murmured...

"Why Naanav...Did YOU care for her when you accused her?"

Arnav moved back to sit on the couch...his eyes flooded with tears..."I...I won't...go near her..."

"Good." Payal said and stormed out.

"When she wakes, I want you to call me." NK said firmly.

Arnav only clenched his eyes shut and nodded...

Now alone in his room with his wife...Arnav's memory began to torment him...

All the times they were alone, and he was cruel.

All the times he had gazed deep into her eyes...and he said nothing...

Her eyes.

He remembered the love, the loyalty...

Her devotion hadn't once wavered...even when he had forcefully married her...

Even when he didn't give an explanation...

Even when he was kidnapped and she had every chance to let him go and be happy, she still searched for him...

And the moment that his wife rescues him, he...

Arnav couldn't think anymore...

His eyes began to shed more tears...tears that felt like acid melting his skin...








Thanks for reading.



5 comments:

  1. yes i am the first one!
    and i thnk tht ht e stryline is great i mean yes i wanna c arnav and khushi togthr but i love the way u r writing ths stry it is gud eveb thgh they r seperate
    thnks

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome update loved it glad he is realizing what he did to her and the pain her put her through after her looking and praying and putting her life in danger he had her arrested loved the update

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW Poor Khushi is just too hurt

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't listen to what others r saying,its ur work do what feels right. i love love love the fact that ur taking this fic in a different direction then all ur other fics and can not wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap this fic make your heart BLEED! It’s like wave after wave of pain just hits you! You have amazing talent for portraying emotions. I agree with anon review. Do and write what makes you happy

    ReplyDelete