Friday, June 15, 2012

FF : I Am...FREE Part 5







As Khushi stormed out of her room she instantly bumped into Nani...

“Oh, Nani, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean...”
Nani held onto Khushi’s arm, “It’s okay...Are you alright? Have you rested?”

Khushi nodded...

Nani’s smiled tensed slightly as she saw Arnav approaching from behind...

Khushi saw Nani’s change of expression...”Nani? What’s the problem?”

“It’s...Chote...”

“What about him?” Khushi said blankly

Arnav heard her words...”Khushi doesn’t even feel me near her?”

“He’s coming up behind you...” Nani said quietly...

Instantly Khushi spun around...so fast that she tripped...

Arnav rapidly stepped forwards and reached for her...

Khushi saw Arnav about to catch her, she cringed at the thought of being close to him...



But her back suddenly fell against something...a strong support that held her securely...

As a sturdy arm wrapped around her waist, Arnav stopped short in front of her...

He stood exceedingly close, hands at his sides, staring down at her face...

Khushi was facing away from Arnav...her eyes cast now at the floor

She had two choices...

To look towards Arnav...or...

To look at the one who was now holding her...

Arnav saw her lift her head...

”Look to me Khushi...Please, Look to me...” he repeated in his mind...

Khushi lifted her eyes and turned her face slightly and gazed into his eyes...

“Thankyou Nahneji...” Khushi whispered...

Arnav’s heart surged....

A consuming despair shook his soul...

“It’s ok Khushiji...” Nk said as he slowly released her...”Payalji is downstairs...she wanted me to come and call you...”

Khushi nodded and smiled...

“Her smile..." Arnav thoughts were suffocating him..."I want her to smile at me...She used to smile at me...”

All this while, Nani had been watching...

As Khushi and NK walked downstairs together, Arnav’s body was immovable.

“Chote...?”

“I can’t lose her...I need to get her back...”

Nani lowered her eyes...”Chote...There’s only so many knock backs that a woman can take...we all tried to convince you of her innocence...but you...you wouldn’t listen...”

His eyelids sunk down...”I was so very wrong, I hate what I’ve done...I hate myself! I can’t...I can’t believe that I...I need her back Nani...”

Nani’s hand rested on Arnav’s shoulder...”Chote, She’s your wife...she’ll always be with you...give her time...”

But Arnav knew what was coming...”it was a 6 month contract...”

“What?!”

“I blackmailed her into marrying me...” Arnav spilt everything...

Nani listened with growing disgust...”You...You didn’t ask for an explanation? You just believed him immediately!? You say you were going to tell her you loved her?! What kind of love INSTANTLY judges a person!?”

Arnav now leaned against the wall, his body weakening...

It was as though all his blood had turned to water...

“Nani...I...I was only thinking of Di...”

“So was Khushi! And to think that we all accused HER of disrespecting the marriage rituals! Chote, have you consummated this marriage?”

Arnav couldn’t speak.

He shook his head...

“Right. Then you do what you said you’d do. You free her. She doesn’t deserve this. And I’m sorry, but she doesn’t love you anymore...”

His head shot up...”She HAS to! Through all this she...she has stood by me...”

Nani’s eyes turned red with rage...”She certainly has! But Chote, You sending her to jail, You accused her of working with Shyam when ALL this time she had taken HIS abuse as WELL as yours...The human heart won’t withstand all that pain! Let her go...”

Finally lifting his eyes, his words bled with urgency...”I love her...I need her...”

Nani walked forwards...”Chote, I love you, and I love Khushi...I have spoken my mind...It’s up to you now...”

Arnav watched her walk away...


His back slid down the wall and he held his head in his hands...


Khushi's words came echoing back...
“I can’t believe I found you...I was going crazy every moment...” 

A knife sank further into his heart...

”Arnavji is the best husband in the world...” 

The knife twisted...

“Khushi...” he breathed...

…............................

As Khushi entered the kitchen, Payal ran up to her, her cheeks drenched with tears...”Please tell me you are ok...I’m so worried for you...Please tell me you are ok!”

Khushi held her sister’s hand tight...”I’m not ok, but I will be...you know me...I’m a fighter...”

Payal smiled...

“That’s right Khushiji...Now how about we eat till we explode?!” Nk’s cheery voice chimed in...

“Sounds wonderful...”

“Khushi, I’ll be right back, I have to take this medicine to Di...”

“Ok Jiji, I’ll start the jalebi...” Khushi said winking...

Now alone with NK, she felt slightly shy...”Why am I feeling like this...I never felt this way around Nahneji before...”

Khushi turned on the stove and leaned over to heat the oil in the kadhai...

As she leaned over, she felt a soft touch on her neck...

Her gaze flitted over her shoulder, and she saw NK..


He was slowly and carefully moving the loose waves of her hair away from the hot oil...

“I’ve always loved your long hair Khushiji...” His voice was softer than a murmur... “It’s Like rich, coffee-colored silk. So soft...”

Khushi now stood upright... 


She watched as NK sifted his fingers through her hair...

When his fingers reached the ends, he looked up at her...

Their eyes locked...


”Khushi...”


Khushi's eyes widened...


She heard Arnav breathe her name...


“Khushiji?”...

Blinking furiously, Khushi quickly looked away and continued cooking...”Tha...Thankyou Nahneji...


Khushi's mind was now a complete mess of confusion, she felt NK's touch, and yet she heard Arnav's call...


"No Khushi...no more...I will not be held captive by a man who continues to hurt me...I will not..."











1 comment:

  1. This is awesome...I love the Nk - Khushi romance...Please continue!!!:)

    ReplyDelete