Sunday, June 10, 2012

SS : Yours Sincerely, Murder Part 17




“Hi...” Arnav said almost reverently...”My God, I’ve missed you so much...”

Khushi blinked and her eyes flickered with an emotion Arnav couldn’t quite pin down...

“I can say that she is doing very well, we will need to keep an eye on her for any developping infections...Don’t force yourself to speak right now, but it will help if you start to try to say a few words...your throat only hurts because of the grazing from the tubes...there was no damage done to your larynx. Breathing shouldn’t be too hard, but if you feel short of breath just use the oxygen mask...”

Khushi’s eyes were still on Arnav...

Arnav nodded at the doctor...

“I’ll leave you two alone for awhile...”

The door closed...

Arnav stood up...keeping his eyes fixed to hers...

Without applying any pressure, his mouth lowered and covered hers in a kiss that laid claim to her body and soul.

He was rewarded with her tiny fingers gently squeezing his hand...

Several moments passed and Arnav forced his mouth to part from hers.

As Arnav sat back down beside her, he fought his hardeset not to breakdown...“I love you, Khushi. With all my heart. I was terrified to lose you.”

“You... won’t,” she whispered hoarsely as she slightly spluttered...

“Shhhh...Shh sweetheart....” He cupped her face in his hands, kissed her eyelids closed...

“I’m here with you...” he kissed her cheek, and then tenderly covered her mouth with his own.

He drew her ever so delicately into his arms and their kiss deepened.

Her heart crowded her chest as his hands held her so gently

Khushi felt overcome feeling his solid warmth...

She was aching with the familiar dearness of him.

When at last he broke away, she had tears floating from her eyes....

Arnav reached up to brush his fingers through her hair.

“Now, don’t try to speak, but are you in any pain?”

Khushi very carefully shook her head...

“You HAVE to tell me if you are...I have a button here that will intravenously give more morphine to you...so please please tell me...I don’t want you in any pain...”

A slight smile twitched at her lips...

Arnav didn’t know how much more of her pain he could take, he leant forwards …

“If you want to try and talk, just whisper, ok?”

Khushi nodded...

“Did you want to see anyone else?”

Khushi’s eyebrows furrowed...

“What?” Arnav said worriedly, “are you in pain? What’s wrong...”

Looking down, Khushi tried to form words...

In a whisper, Arnav heard her speak out his worst nightmare...

“I...I’m sor...ry...I don’t...rem...ember...any...th...ing...”

His heart stopped.

He couldn’t breathe...

He watched her closely...”What do you mean Khushi? You know who I am right?”

“No...”

Frantically, he pushed the emergency buzzer and the doctor barged in within seconds...

“What is wrong?!”

He rushed over to check her heart rate and breathing...

“She’s stable, she’s fine, what’s wrong...?”


Arnav looked up in terror at the Doctor...”She...She says that she doesn’t remember anything! What has happened? Will her memory come back!?”
The Doctor took a breath and walked towards Arnav...

“Sit.”
Arnav, still holding onto Khushi’s hand, sat down...

He quickly turned to reassure Khushi...”It’s okay...You are fine...I’m just going to find out what’s going on...”

Her eyes were confused, but she nodded...

“Mr. Raizada. She has had a great deal of shock to her body. I should have told you that this was a possibility...Obviously she needs a lot of time to recover, but her memory...WILL return...”

Arnav exhaled...He had been holding his breath since the doctor had entered...

“Mrs. Raizada, your husband is one very protective, yet nervous man...”

Khushi grinned at the doctor...“I...”

Arnav instantly tried to quieten her...”No...Shhh, just rest, I don’t want you to hurt your throat...”

Khushi rolled her eyes...”Laad Govenor..”

Elation like nothing he’d ever felt before hit him at full force...

“What!” his eyes were shining with joy...”What did you just say!?”

Khushi quickly recoiled in slight fear...

Arnav laughed lightly...”No no no, You can call me that. You can call me whatever you like! I’m just overjoyed because you always used to call me that! You REMEMBER that!”

Khushi smiled big...”I knew...your...your voice...the moment...I heard...it...”

Arnav leaned in and kissed her softly...”I love you...”

“I...I am positive...that...I love you...too...” she whispered...

“Ok...now be nice and quiet, and I’ll...”

“W...wait...” Khushi rasped a bit louder than she should have...

Arnav stilled...”Khushi please...Don’t try to talk too loud...”

“I...I am positive...positive...that...that word...I have to tell you...tell you something...but I don’t know...I don’t remember what...”

Arnav’s smile began to slowly fade...”Positive...”

His heart sank as despair for his wife began to thud inside him...

His mind raced...”Did she know she was pregnant? Oh God...Did she know...?”






No comments:

Post a Comment