Sunday, September 16, 2012

FF : I Am...FREE Part 31


"I miss you..."

"Then wake up..."

"I'm trying..."

"I need to see your eyes again...I need to hear your voice!"

"Oh...you can't stop me talking to you...see, even when you sleep you can't escape me..."

He heard the laugh in her voice as she spoke...

"Don't ever stop talking to me..."

"I won't...If I ever do, then you have to be worried..."

"Don't say that! Don't say that Khushi!"

"Arnavji...I am trying...I am..."

His dreams were echoing and amplifying her voice...


.............................


A gentle knocking woke him up...

The doctor eased into room..."Goodmorning..."

Arnav took a deep breath, preparing himself for the next 24 hours..."How is she?"

"Her stomach has settled so any nausea or pain she was feeling has gone...she appears to be fighting any remaining toxins inside her...we won't know anymore until she wakes up..."

"And when will that be..."

The doctor could hear the edge in his voice..."Mr. Raizada...I will be honest...I don't know...She is in a coma...Give her some time..."

Arnav wanted to shake the doctor, make him do something to wake his wife up...

But he only nodded...

Sitting back beside's Khushi he continued to hold her hand in his...

"I don't want to just see you in my dreams Khushi...But...like I said before...just get better...get stronger...and since you insist on haunting my sleep, I'm going to sleep as much as possible..." he smiled bringing her hand to his lips...

"Chote?"

Arnav turned to see Nani entering the room...

"If you're here to talk about anything other than Khushi, then you had better leave now..."

Nani merely smiled at Arnav's devotion..."I want to know how she is...has there been any change?"

Arnav was fighting to hold back tears..."She...she's fighting off any remaining poison..."

Nani placed her hand on Arnav's head..."Khushi is strong...She will..."

"She shouldn't have to be strong all the time! She's been 'strong' for too long! I should have protected her! I should have seen that..."
 
"Chote, No...You aren't to blame, just as Khushi was never to blame...Forget about everything else...Be here for her..."

"I miss her Nani...What if...What if she..."

"She will wake up..."

Arnav stared at Khushi, his eyes strong and flashing with intensity..."Yes...She will...She will..."

"Please Chote, get some rest...It's getting quite late now..."

"Late?" Arnav glanced at his watch..."11pm? How did that happen? Nani, is someone here to take you home?"

Nodding, she said..."Akash is here...with Payal...they will take me home now...please get some rest..."

After Nani left, Arnav rested his cheek in the palm of her hand...



.................




Khushi lifted her lashes, groaning softly at the soreness that wracked her muscles...

 As she opened her eyes, she saw that the room was dark...

She blinked in confusion and her vision slowly adjusted, allowing her to see clearly amidst the shadows...

Why was she in hospital?

Her entire body was cold...except for one part...her hand...

Curling her fingers, warmth spread through her heart..."Arnavji..."

He was fast asleep...

Smiling,  she tried to move, to sit, to roll, but her head instantly began spinning...

Yawning, she readjusted the way she lay, and simply stared...

"How can he be comfortable sitting and sleeping like that?" She thought..."I wish he'd wake up..."

She smiled at the irony...

"We can talk in the morning...He needs to sleep...and..." she yawned again..."and I need to..."

Her breathing began to even out as she fell back to sleep...


.......


The sharp sunlight woke Arnav...

He squinted as he tried to adjust his vision...but as he blinked, realization smashed down on him...

His sleep.

It had been uninterrupted.

No dreams.

No Khushi.

Nothing.

"Oh shit..."

Forcing his eyes to adjust to the light, he gripped Khushi's hand...

"Don't you dare Khushi! Wake up! I swear I'll never forgive you if you don't!!!"

Was she breathing?

He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers...

Her head began to throb...

She had heard someone shouting...

Felt someone pulling at her hand, gripping fiercely...

In the far recess of her mind she registered the voice...

“Arnavji?” Khushi murmured against his lips...

"...huh?..."

His body felt such shock and happiness that he was sure he was breaking out in a sweat...

Pulling back, slowly, he was afraid his ears were deceiving him...

Her eyes...

Open, clear, and staring up at him...

No words.

No words could ever describe that moment.

He felt his heart begin to beat again...

His hands came up to her face and making a low moan of relief, he kissed her...

Slowly...

Languidly...

She tried to keep a hold of reality, but his lips on her were pulling her back into the haze.

Khushi tried to lift her shaky arms, but couldn't...

Arnav gently moved his hands away from her cheeks and trailed his fingers along her arms...

Lacing his fingers with hers, their mouths finally parted...

When his eyes lifted to hers, she said, “Why were you shouting at me?”

Arnav smiled the biggest smile..."I wasn't...I..." his pulse was going a mile a minute..."I...I only wanted this...I thought...You..." quickly bringing her fingers to his lips, he kissed them and continued talking..."You have been talking to me! Everytime I slept! You were in my dreams! I...I thought...When I woke up this morning...I realized that you hadn't...that I hadn't heard you...I got..." his hands tightened on hers..."got worried...terrified that..."

"I woke up very early this morning...when it was still dark..." she whispered..

Arnav now understood...

She hadn't spoken to him in his dreams, because she had woken up...

"I will never be able to thank God enough for this unbreakable connection we have..."

Tears shimmered in her eyes.

An ache pooled in his chest.

He lifted a silent prayer of thanks to God.

“Forgive me.... I’m an idiot and a fool, and I love you. I can’t imagine spending my life with anyone but you.”

Tears streamed down her cheeks, but he pressed on.

“YOU are my focus. I want a life with just you and me...I want to let go of my past.”

His shoulders trembled as he struggled for words...“I want to spend my life serving you rather than anyone else. I want to put your needs before my own. I want...“

“Shh..." Khushi murmured

“I don't want you to cry anymore... I never want to be the cause of your tears tears again...I cannot handle your tears.”

"Arnavji...I already said that I forgave you...I thought we were starting again...what...how..."

She paused...the sudden overhead speaker reminding her that she was in a hospital..

"Arnavji?"...

His eyes were gazing on her intently...

Every ounce of his energy was on her..."yes? What? Can I get you something? Anything? Talk to me Jaan..."

"Why am I in hospital?"

The color drained from his face.

He hadn't realized...

She was still unaware of what actually happened...

"Khushi...You...you were..."

Her eyes flashed with fear as he stuttered with his words...

"Arnavji...?" her hand lifted and held on weakly to his shirt

Sliding one hand behind her head, and one around her waist, he slowly lifted her upwards...

Holding her close, his hand moved over her back in calming circles...

"My God...It feels so good to hold you..." his voice was choked as he spoke...

"Ar...Arnavji...I'm...what happened? I"m scared..."

The grip from her fingers loosened as her body started to tremble, and her breathing became short...

“Easy now... I got you... Breathe slow and easy... Slower...One deep breath in... Let it go...Slowly...”

The wild hum in her ears receded as she listened to him.

She was enfolded in her husbands arms, and he was holding onto her tightly.

His lips were against her temple...

"why am I here...I...I don't remember..."

He withdrew so he could look at her..."Khushi...You...you've been..." he swallowed hard and said..."You have been in a coma for two days...

Arnav waited.

He wanted to give her time to react.

Time to process.

But what he saw in her eyes was fear, rather than shock...

"Please...don't khushi...don't be afraid...please...I have been here the entire time! I was NEVER going to leave your side...You're half of me! I can't describe the pain I was feeling...But you...try to let go of your fear...there’s no room for fear in your head when you have me in your heart.”

Taking a deep breath, Khushi tried to steady her heart...

Arnav could see her visibly trying to calm down...

This broke his heart even more...

Pulling her closer, his lips tasted hers, first taking her full lower lip in his mouth and then following with her curved upper lip.

He gently kissed the sides of her mouth, and then recaptured her lips.

"Oh God I've missed you...I love you...everything is ok...everything is fine now..." he murmured between kisses.

She moaned slightly when he released her and kissed the tip of her nose.

As his gaze caressed her, her eyelids started to droop shut...

Panic shot through his senses and he quickly shook her..."Khushi!? Khushi!!!"

Her lips parted and her eyes labored to open..."I'm...I'm ok...Arnavji...I'm...I'm just... really tired..."

Still holding her close, he leaned over and pressed the emergency button to call for the doctor...

Within seconds, the doctor rushed into their room...

"What has happened? Mr. Raizada? What..." the doctor soon saw that Khushi's eyes were flickering, trying desperately to stay open...

Arnav didn't take his eyes off her as he spoke..."She woke up...but now, now she's...she's falling asleep again! I can't lose her again!"

The doctor tried to pry Arnav's arms away but to no avail..."Mr. Raizada, if she has just woken up from a coma, she will be tired...her body has been working hard to wake up, and now she needs time to rest...to ACTUALLY rest..."

Arnav's head turned to the doctor, "...So...So she will only be sleeping...that's all...?"

Smiling and nodding the doctor rested a hand on Arnav's shoulder..."Let her rest...If she has woken up, she is alright...but she needs ACTUAL sleep now..."

His eyes wandered back to his wife...

Khushi was asleep.

The doctor quickly checked Khushi's temperature, blood pressure and heart rate..."She appears to be doing well...Is she a heavy sleeper?"

Arnav smiled..."Yes...She sometimes sleeps in the strangest poses, and even if I move her, she's completely out..."

"Ok. I will need to take some blood to check her toxin levels."...The doctor proceeded to take a small vial of her blood...

Arnav hated seeing her in more pain, but he knew they had to make sure the poison was out of her...

"I'll be back in a while to see how she is going...but for now, that fact that she has woken up, is an extremely good sign..."

Arnav breathed out a long shaky breath...

"You may want to lay her down though...You're arms will get tired..."

As his eyes roamed over her face, he shook his head..."...I've been aching to hold her for days...I'm not letting go..."

The doctor made a quiet exit...but Arnav didn't notice...

His finger traced her pink, soft lips as his gaze slid over her round breasts down her taut belly to her slightly parted, creamy thighs.

A sharp surge of need nearly set his blood aflame.

Smoothing back a silky strand of hair from her face, he caressed her slender throat and traced its delicate shape.

He wanted to see her nipples and feel them pebble under his tongue...

He wanted to make love to her again...

He was out of control...

The hate and anger towards his sister began to boil again..."How DARE she do this to you..." he thought as his body stiffened...

Khushi's subconscious sensed his change in emotion and she started to whimper...

Instantly calming, he delicately brushed his lips over hers...

"ssshh...shh...Nothing...NOTHING will come between you and me again Khushi...Nothing..."






PRECAP-


After two weeks in hospital, finally, Khushi was discharged and allowed to go home...

"She's still quite weakened, so don't let her do too much..."

Arnav glanced from the doctor to khushi..."Did you hear what he said?"

Khushi pursed her lips..."He said not to let me to 'too much'...I can still do SOME things right?" 

She stared expectantly at the doctor...

"Yes ofcourse you can do things...just not too much...don't strain yourself..."
 
Khushi smirked at Arnav who still had a very stern look about his face...

"...and as for any physical intimacy, ease back into that too...don't expect too much too soon...but don't abstain from it, she needs the affection..."

Arnav finally started to grin...especially when he saw Khushi blushing...





4 comments:

  1. Missed your updates and very happy to get one today... So glad that Khushi is out of coma... Hope it will be a smooth sailing for her from now on... Can't wait to read more.

    Farheen75(IF-id)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow awsuuuum update dear.....finally khushi is out of the coma....wow....really loved the update and oh she does not remember what happened with her....anywyas loved it n thnx 4da pm dear.........

    kitzdoll(IF)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome update loved it she work up poor khushi loved how he started to panic thinking she had died and left him because she was not talking to him in her mind awesome and the precap she is asr wife alright

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how u do this but the way u write/express their love for each other makes me just sigh, so beautifully u do this its just so romantic 'there’s no room for fear in your head when you have me in your heart'

    I just wanted to ask r u seriously that romantic in real life?

    Each update has been written so well, when u express Arnav's anger or love towards Kushi its as if u've read the reader's mind.

    Undercoverhappy xxxx

    ReplyDelete