Tuesday, October 30, 2012

OS : We Missed The Moment Part 2




Arriving home, Arnav carried Khushi upstairs to their room...

Setting her down carefully on the bed, he gently grasped her chin and tipped her head back to meet his gaze, and with the single use of her name, "Khushi…" the floodgates cracked to let the first tears stream down.

Arnav became completely overcome with hatred -  for himself...

"Khushi...Khushi, I...I am sorry..." he winced...

'Sorry' seemed like such a pathetic word...

Annoyed by her constantly wavering emotions, Khushi began swiping at her tears angrily with her fingers..."It doesn't matter...It's nothing..."

"When a man makes a woman cry, it's not nothing..."

NK's voice filled the room...

Arnav's eyes turned black..."Get out!"

"No Naanav. I care about Khushi! I care ALL of the time! You only seem to care when you've finally broken her down to tears!"

Arnav's heart was at war...

He held on tight to Khushi...

But at the same time, he wanted to get up and kick NK out of their room...

"Nahneji, I'm...I'm alright..."

"NO Khushi! Enough! I've had enough of everyone's ill treatment towards you!..." NK's eyes wandered..."Especially from you!"

Finally Arnav stood...

"That's right Naanav...You can threaten me, you can hit me...I don't care! If no one else will stand up for Khushiji, then I WILL!"

Slowly pacing towards Nk, Arnav's voice became deadly..."Get out of this room..."

"ALL that she has done FOR you! ALL that she has had to bear BECAUSE of you! I won't stand for it anymore!"
 
Arnav grabbed a fistfull of NK's shirt..."Khushi is MY wife!"

"Wife!? THEN TREAT HER LIKE ONE!"

NK forcefully pushed Arnav's chest and jolted himself free...

"You better bloody well get out or..."

NK ignorned Arnav and walked directly to Khushi and took her hand..."Are you ok Khushiji?"

Arnav grabbed Khushi's wrist..."Hand off her...NOW!"

Khushi had remained quiet.

Her eyes was studying the two men...

One man cared for her.

One man loved her.

One man thought only of her feelings.

And the other...

Khushi looked up, and her eyes held on fast..."I'm so very sad...I'm confused...I don't know what is happening to me anymore...I don't know how to live like this anymore..."

Arnav's heart was stabbed with pain as he saw Khushi look up...into NK's eyes...

"Khushiji...I am even hurting for you...for everything I have seen you go through..."

Khushi lifted her other hand and instead of laying it on Arnav's hand, she held onto NK...

"Thankyou for breaking my fast Nahneji...I was feeling so...so sick and..."

"Khushi...?"

Arnav's broken voice stopped her from speaking any further...

She looked up at him,..."It's alright Arnavji...we missed the moment...at least Sheetalji's fast is broken..." her eyes went back to NK..."And so is mine..."

Unable to bear the way they kept talking with their eyes, Arnav grabbed Nk's arm and dragged him towards the door..."Get out. I need to talk to her..."

"Fine. I will go and bring the rest of the family home..."

NK didn't say another word, he looked over at Khushi one more time, and silently walked away...

Arnav shut the doors and leaned against them for a moment...

"I just broke my ex-girlfriends fast...one who khushi thought  I had a child with...And then I happily went around and played basketball with her...and Khushi was again...left in the background..."

Spinning around, he saw that Khushi was gone...

"Khushi?"

He saw their bathroom door shut and rushed forwards, only finding it locked...

Banging hard, he yelled..."Khushi! Khushi please, I need to talk to you!"


...


Khushi felt her heart break as she thought about all the lives she had ruined...

Shyam

Anjali

Anjali's baby

Sheetal

Araav

And ...Arnav...

As though no longer inside her own body, she stood up, quickly taking a paper and pen, and entered the bathroom, locking the door securely...

Sitting on the cold tile floor, she began to write...



The clouds in our life are going no where...
The rain keeps coming down...
I thought that our married life would bring us closer, but it only made us drift further apart...
I hope you get this message that I'm leaving for you...
Because I'd hate to leave without you hearing the words that I need you to...
Whatever it is in our relationship that was missing...I hope you it...
I hope it's everything you dreamed of...
I hope you're happy, because wherever I am, I want you to know this, I love you, and nothing can change that...



Her tears stained the paper as she wrote...

Finally, with one last look, she stood up and opened the bathroom drawers...

"Sleeping pills..." she murmured...

All the while, Arnav was banging on the door, calling to her...

"Khushi STOP being over dramatic! I need to talk to you! Open this door!!"

She smiled, hearing his demanding scolds...

For each loud knock on the door, she swallowed another pill...

Finally, Arnav began to kick at the door...

"Not yet..." she whispered feeling darkness take over...

Another pill...

Loud kick...

Another pill...

And just as Arnav kicked the door open, Khushi fell to the floor...

"Khushi!" 

His voice screamed out for her, as her breath tore from her lungs...

Arnav was stricken with terror..."Khushi!..." the sleeping pills began to fall off the bench...

"No..." 

Lifting her, he carried her and dropped her lifeless body onto their bed...

In a frenzy of terror, he pulled out his phone and dialed for emergency...

All the while, holding onto Khushi's hand, desperately praying that she'd hold onto his...

7 comments:

  1. that's a nice poem. but I do hope that Khushi gets help quickly and that Arnav learns his lesson and does not always make her feel that she comes 2nd in his life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very intense..Arnav needs to learn to put his wife firt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooo! It's not khushi 's fault, she didn't ruin any lives!,,, silly girl, instead of killing herself, go kick him where it hurts!,
    Arnav's such an idiot, can't he see she's insecure , , she's human after all!
    But I like ur take on the current track, NK and khushi, hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic piece from you!! You truly leave me spell bound with each of your work. I am still awaiting the closing updates for broken and i feel everything and looking fwd to the next update for this one if there is one. Simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her eyes was studying the two men...

    One man cared for her.

    One man loved her.

    One man thought only of her feelings.

    And the other...

    Loved how Kushi was comparing both of them, NK made me speechless he just spoke the truth and was fantastic

    What NK said abt Arnav needs to treat her like a wife was so true

    Fab update

    Undercoverhappy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!!
    this is breaking my heart!!

    one can never know one thinks such a small thing can hurt the loved one to such a huge extent

    ReplyDelete