Thursday, October 4, 2012

SS : Memories Part 3




"What do you mean? Are you okay?"

"I'm alright Jiji...I just ran into someone, and..."

Khushi heard Payal sigh loudly..."I knew we shouldn't have moved down here!"

"Just because of some silly slip? Really! I'm fine! I'm dry now, and I'm going up to meet the boss..."

Giving up, Payal nodded, "Okay...but Khushi, tell me exactly where you are, so I won't worry..."

"I'm at a company called AR Designs...And as soon as my interview finishes, I will call you..."

"Ok...I'll hang up now..."

The call disconnected and Khushi looked up at her reflection in the  bathroom mirror...

"Oh well, your hair is really going crazy...but it will have to do..."

As Khushi stepped out of the bathroom, she felt a wave of anxiety loom over her...

Taking a deep breath, she was clinging to the tiny spark of love that was left lingering in her memory...

"I will not cry. I will not be defeated. I can work. I am a good worker. And there is no reason why Mr. AR can't hire me."

As Khushi approached, two men from inside the  office stood up and blocked her path...

Wide eyes met with the flirty office workers...

"Please excuse me, I need to ..."

"You need to see someone in this office? Are you the new model?"

Blushing furiously, Khushi took a step back..."Please, I am here for an interview..."

"You can be my model anytime..." one man said...

Khushi wanted to slap the men before her, but she quickly cut off the thought.

She’d learned a long time ago not to indulge in non-productive thoughts.

"Come on guys, leave her alone..."

Khushi looked up to see a lady smiling towards her...

"Thankyou..."

"No problem, but you should probably leave, as you..." the woman eyed Khushi up and down..."you are definitely not fit to work here...ASR would NEVER hire someone like...you..."

As every person in the office started laughing at her, she felt the air around her grow thick...

Two emotionless eyes watched this from above in his office...

He felt gratified that HE didn't have to be the one to insult her, but that he could watch as others did...

But then something struck him...

As his gaze was locked on her face, her tears began to sparkle as they dripped from her wounded eyes...

Laughter continued to  recoil around her...

Khushi no longer felt protected, no longer felt loved, and now, no longer felt respected...

Just as she was about to turn and leave, a loud command echoed throughout the room, silencing everyone automatically.

"ENOUGH."

Khushi spun around to see the very same man who had saved her earlier...

His eyes momentarily flickered with an emotion she couldn't place...

"If you are here for an interview, then come, I don't have time to waste...Everyone get back to work."

The illusive man, turned and strode purposefully back up the stairs.

Khushi didn't look at anyone as she quickly followed...

The man sat down in his chair ...

Khushi slowly edged into the room and stood before him...

"So you're here for a job?"

Khushi only nodded.

"Do you know anything about this company..."

Khushi briefly spoke of the purpose of AR Designs, and about why she thought she would be a capable worker.

Arnav held out his hand to take her resume.

He skipped her name, and let his eyes wander to her qualifications.

"You don't have enough experience." He stated as he slammed the folder shut.

Khushi had sensed this reaction.

She calmly took the papers back from him..."Thankyou for your time..."

Just as she reached the door, she heard him say..."Wait."

She clenched her eyes shut and dreaded more insults.

"You can start today. I'll have a desk cleared out for you."

Spinning around, she finally smiled...

Arnav felt his heart stop for a brief second...

He had never had such a powerful reaction to a woman before.

"Thankyou so much...Thankyou..."

"I don't need 'thanks'...your name? Miss...what?"

"Gupta."

"Leave Miss Gupta."

Khushi felt victorious as she marched down the stairs.

The woman who had scoffed at her moments before, was now clearing out a desk for her to work at.

Khushi sat down and saw a pile of papers waiting for proofreading...

.......................

Payal sat down to have lunch with her collegues...

She had started working by teaching young children...

As she opened the paper, she flipped past the business section...

The page flew passed, but a name caught her eye...

"Arnav Singh Raizada. Owner of AR Designs."

Payal stood up, almost shaking..."What...? Who...?"

Her friends began questioning her over her shocked demeanor, but Payal grabbed the paper and hurried away...


...........................


Arnav couldn't work.

He couldn't think.

"All because of that stupid girl...how dare she block out..." the name of his former love echoed through his head..."I will make her life here so miserable..."

He looked at his watch and saw that it was lunchtime...

He knew that Anjali was on her way over with some food for him...

As he entered the downstairs offices, he saw one worker remaining...

"Miss Gupta, I don't pay overtime. Get out."

Khushi's eyes looked up momentarily, then back down at her paper...

"I have to finish. I don't need overtime. I believe in doing a job properly."

Arnav shook his head..."Whatever..."

"Chote?"

Both eyes looked up...

Anjali smiled brightly at her brother, but her smiled disappeared as her eyes fell on Khushi.

She dropped the containers she was carrying...

Her jaw dropped in shock...

"Y...You...You are here? How!? You are supposed to be..."

Arnav rushed to his sister..."Di...calm down..."

Khushi also stood up to help, leading her over to a chair to sit down...

"Di, what happened? Are you alright?"

Arnav was beginning to panic, he'd had enough worries for one day.

Anjali shook her head and sat up straight, brushing her brothers hands away...

"I'm going to phone a doctor..." Arnav rushed back to his office where he had left his mobile...

Standing up on shaky legs, Anjali faced Khushi...

Lifing her hands, she held Khushi's face..."Khushiji?"

Complete shock flashed in Khushi's eyes as she breathed..."How...how do you know my name?"

Anjali instantly cried out loud and pulled the girl, who she once thought dead, into a gripping embrace...

"You're here! Thankyou God!"

"Khushi! Khushi!!!!"

Their hug broke slightly at the sound of someone yelling...

Payal ran into the building and instantly saw Khushi with Anjali...

Anjali looked over at Payal...

"You...you are here too?"

Anjali's heart felt as though it would burst with happiness..."I thought..."

The women walked towards each other...

"I thought you never wanted to see me..." Payal said as tears began to fall

"How could you think that? I was told that YOU didn't want to see me..."

Leaving the questions for later, both ladies hugged fiercely...

"Di, the doctor is on his...." Arnav stopped short at the sight before him...

Anjali turned to face Arnav..."Chote...this...this is..."

"Wait..." Payal whispered..."we need to do this carefully...in the accident, Khushi had head injuries, and she doesn't remember a thing..."

Anjali eyes darted back..."the...the same thing happened to Arnav..."

"Jiji?"

"Di?"

They both asked in unison.

Anjali whispered something to Payal and they both went to their siblings...

"Chote, I need to speak with an old friend...it's important...okay?"

Arnav nodded, feeling weirder as each moment went by...

"Khushi, I have to speak to a friend of mine...It's quite urgent...I'll be back in a little while..."

Khushi also nodded..."But how do you know her and..."

"I'll explain everything later...for now, I have to go..."

And with that, Arnav and Khushi were left alone once again...

........................


And now, the day that neither ladies wanted to remember, was brought back to life.

"I don't know how this could have happened..." Anjali said...

"I can't understand either..."

"I thought Khushiji was..." tears were now overflowing..."I was told that she..."

Payal held onto Anjali's hand..."I was told the exact same thing...why? Who would do this?"

"How did They both end up at different hospitals? They were in the car together weren't they!?"

Payal started to feel sick with rage..."The man. The one who caused the accident."

"You met him?"

Shaking her head, Payal continued..."The car belonged to a boy that liked Khushi...who tried to get to her constantly...the boy had apparently died in the crash as well..."

"But...but I don't understand...why? The doctors said to me that she wasn't brought in with Chote because she had died instantly..."

"I was told the same..." Payal said sorrowfully

"What if...what if the boy didn't die...what if HE was the one to take Khushi away? And take her to a separate hospital..."

Payal slammed her clenched fist down on the table in front of her..."What kind of sick person does this!? I...I hate myself for not trying to find this out sooner! I was just in such shock over what happened...over her memory loss, her injuries..."

Anjali thought back..."All these years...You know, when he woke up, he said he could hear a girl screaming, that he had to help her..."

"Khushi was the same...she woke up looking for someone, someone who had told her he loved her..."

Anjali wiped a tear away..."and now...now they don't remember each other...Chote never wanted to see photos of her, he didn't want to see the face of the girl he loved, without being able to save her..."

Payal smiled..."We were evicted from our property while Khushi was recovering, we had to start from scratch...we had nothing..."

"Then, you will stay with us." Anjali said firmly.

"Oh, no we couldn't, we are saving for..."

"NO. I will NOT take no. I have thought Khushiji dead for many years, AND thought that I had lost a dear friend...No, all this ends today."

Payal smiled..."But how do we tell them? Khushi knows her love's name was Arnav..."

Thinking hard, Anjali finally stated..."Arnav know's Khushi's name as well...ok. We wait. If we say too much, they lose what they had. If we wait, we can see if they heal each other...the doctor had told me that his memory would return, but something has always been blocking...I believe that Khushi is his only cure..."

"They're going to hate this aren't they...I remember the fights they used to have..."

Both laughed..."Well, their love has held on this long...it won't break now..."



......................


"That girl is staying here?! In MY house!?"

Anjali scowled at her brother..."Yes. Not just Khushiji, but her sister as well."

"Don't say that name in front of me..." Arnav growled...

"I can't help that her name is Khushi. And YOU have to be more humane! Payalji is MY friend."

Arnav clenched his fists, as he heard a knock at the door...

"They are here, now do NOT upset them. They are MY guests."



...........................



"Khushi! She is my friend!"

Holding onto her sisters hand tight, Khushi almost broke down..."I can't stay with someone who's name is..."

Payal grabbed Khushi's chin, "You will. His name is just a name. Arnav. You wanted to work. You wanted this remember?"

Khushi knew that they needed help.

And she wasn't about to deny her sister of a friend...

"Fine. But I do NOT like him."

She quit whining and turned to pack her small bag.

Payal smiled...

"I can't believe that after all this time...they have found each other ..."


...............................




PRECAP







Arnav seized her wrist, storming down the hallway. 

Khushi had to run to keep up with him. 

He flung the doors of his room open with an angry shove and practically hurled her inside...

Khushi barely had time to think before he cornered her up against the wall... 




6 comments:

  1. I love this story!!
    I can't wait to see the rollercoaster that is Arnav and Khushi!!
    p.s. I have a small request. I read blogs and IF from my iPod and I notice that you recently changed your background. It is very difficult to see the words in my iPod unless I put the brightness in max and even then it is hard, so if it's not too much trouble I would really appericiate it if you would change your background to light color. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my stupid brain just realised who was the cause of the accident :P
    Loved the update!! Reading about them living together will be very interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely update... thank god the sisters were in no way responsible in keeping the fact hidden that arnav and khushhi were alive... though arnav and khushi might might dislike each other, their hearts call out to the other: arnav not being able to watch khushi's tears is an indication of the same... the precap was intriguing, so can't wait for the next part... this is the asr we all know

    ReplyDelete
  4. that stupid bot took revenge on them....i so want him dead
    anyways nice update and not their love fights will start

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this story line is awesome ,pls update this soon and regularly pls
    cute fight between arshi would be loved but bitterness for each other,pls dont make this story line dark
    pls update soon ,i am restless to know how everything will be disclosed
    thanks for this ss

    ReplyDelete