Monday, October 8, 2012

SS : Memories Part 4


Khushi tried to settle in.

But her life had suddenly taken so many turns.

She aimlessly paced back and forth...

As she walked past the entrance, a loud knock at the door knocked her back into the moment...

Arnav angrily stomped past her and opened the door...
 
As she was about to walk away, she heard a whistle...

"Who is that fine Item!"

Khushi's face blushed bright as her eyes darted from Arnav to the delivery man...

Arnav didn't want to acknowledge 'Khushi'...

He had stormed past her and was calmly signing for the delivery when a surge of possessiveness, one he hadn't felt in years, reared it brutal head...

Determined to protect her, and her dignity, he stepped in front of Khushi, blocking the man's view of her...

"Whoa dude, I didn't know she was yours..."

"Back away, and leave...before I do something that will make you regret getting up this morning..."

His eyes watched unerringly as the man hurried away...

Slamming the door hard, he spun around and came face to face with Khushi...

Her bright red cheeks, her pouting pink lips...

He was unable to stop himself...

His hand lifted to her face...

He trailed his thumb across her lower lip...

"Th...Thankyou for..."

Arnav's eyes flashed with shock...

Shock over his attitude...

Shock over this woman's power over him...

Feeling livid with himself, his gaze turned firey...

Arnav seized her wrist, storming down the hallway. 

Khushi had to run to keep up with him. 

He flung the doors of his room open with an angry shove and practically hurled her inside...

Khushi barely had time to think before he cornered her up against the wall... 

Her mind froze mid-thought. 

Fear welled up inside her, but she forcing the thoughts aside.

"What do you want?” she managed to choke out.

Arnav waited to reply. 

He stared unerringly into her eyes... 

"I want you...out of my life..."

With no more tolerance for heartbreak and confusion, she pushed angrily at his chest...

"You want ME out? Do you think I WANT to be here! You save me from falling in the rain...you stop your staff from insulting me...you protect my name, and yet...you...YOU treat me the worst!"

The little bit of sunshine shining into the room through the doors illuminated her hair... 

A memory flashed before Arnav's heated eyes...

A small girl...Laughing...Playing...

Hair shining in the sunlight...

He could hear his laugh along with hers...

As his eyes roamed over her face, his head began to pound...

"Khushi..."

And there is was...that scream again...

Releasing her, he stepped back...

"Out!"

Khushi was furious...

She was practically breathing fire...

"OUT?!"

Storming towards him, she lashed out..."You want me OUT? You drag me here, tell me to leave, have some sort of brainwashed glaze cover your eyes, and then tell me to leave again!? What are you playing at!? What kind of best friend are you!?"

At her words, he froze.

Arnav was transported to different time...a different place...



*flashback*



"That boy is NOT good enough for you...he's smug, he's...he's short, he's...he's..."

The girl scoffed..."short? Really? That's the best you could come up with?"

"I don't HAVE to have any excuse. I know what's best for you, and HE is not it..."

"Well..." the girl said bitterly..."YOU don't run my life!"

"As your best friend, it's my duty to look out for you! And I'm not LETTING you go out with him!"

Pushing hard at his chest, the girl's eyes were wild with rage..."What are you playing at!? What kind of best friend are you!?"


*end of flashback*



Her eyes.

Her voice.

Her scream.

Her effect.

Her presence.

"It was you..." Arnav whispered, barely able to breathe...

Khushi, still unaware of what she had said, glared at him..."Do NOT put all the blame on me!"

Before either of them could say another word, their sisters burst into the room...

"What is going on?!"  Payal exclaimed...

"Chote? Why are you yelling at her!? What's going on?"
 
Khushi crossed her arms and angrily turned away...

Arnav, however, was entranced...

"This IS Khushi..." he thought..."THIS is why I have felt so...so...incomplete without her, and so complete with her..."

"Chote?" Anjali said, trying to get his attention...

"My heart knew..." he whispered...

"What? Chote? Can you hear me?"

"Come Khushi, lets just give them some privacy..." Payal led Khushi out, and looked back briefly nodding encouragement to Anjali...

Anjali took Arnav's hand..."Chote...What did you know?"

Arnav grabbed his sisters shoulders..."THAT is...SHE is..."

Her eyes began to widen...

Her heart beat faster...

"Khushi is...." he paused..."Khushi! That's..."

Anjali quickly took him to sit..."Chote, are you saying you remember?"

Arnav lifted his eyes to his sister, a smile tweaked at his lips...

"You...You're smiling!?"

"She's alive! The screams...Did I save her?! Did I!? What happened!? Why was I told she was? Did you lie to me?! Did you know!?"

Anjali burst into tears, even as she smiled.

"Wait...Wait...I will explain everything..."



.................


"What is wrong with that man!?" Khushi said almost stomping her foot.

Payal smirked..."Has he upset you again?"

"YOU are my sister! Why are you smiling!?"

Payal quickly diffused her smile..."I just...just love seeing your spunk..."

"Jiji..." she whined..."IS there something wrong with him? I mean, has he got a mental problem!? An Anger problem?!"

Now, unable to hold back her laughter, Payal playfully smacked Khushi's forehead..."Please....Please Khushi...just give him some space, he has had a hard life, a lot like yours, believe it or not..."

"Well...After a few months of working for him, we can move out of here..."


..................


"She said that!?" Anjali smiled...

Arnav nodded, "Yes...but I don't think she knows that she said it...but that's what did it...I instantly remembered a time when we had fought about her dating some boy, and I wouldn't let her..."

He smiled at his sister...

"Do you remember anything else Chote?"

Shaking his head, he said, "no, but the moment I heard her scream...when I met her...Something happened...I had to help her...then...then the moment I saw her tears...I had to defend her...Then...when that delivery man flirted with her...I ...I had to ..."

"You loved her...so deeply Chote...You never wanted to see her with any other boy...friend or not...you've always been..."

"Di, I want to remember...completely remember...If what I feel now is 'strong' then what we had must have been..."

"It was incredible...unbreakable..."

Arnav's calm demeanor suddenly stiffened.

"Chote? What's wrong?"

Eyes turning black with hate, he stood up..."I will find the man who caused this..."

Anjali jumped to her feet and approached him..."No Chote, leave the past behind...You've found Khushi again...Your memory is returning...Can't we just..."

"For years my heart has been plagued with her screams! You're right...I won't let her go...Neither will I spare whoever did this..."



...............................



"OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!" Payal squeeled loudly

"Shhhh!" Anjali laughed...

"But, Khushi...she...she didn't realize what she said..."

Anjali shook her head..."No, but she SAID it! It means that subconsciously, their fight triggered her memory! Just like it did for Chote!"

Payal squeezed Anjali's hand..."I can't believe this...My heart..." her hand pressed at her chest..."My heart is just overcome with joy!"

"Now we just have to wait for them to come home from the office...maybe there will be more fighting..."

The ladies laughed as they celebrated the return of their siblings memories...



 ............


The drive to the office was the weirdest one of his life.

His heart beat wildly.

And all because of the woman in the seat beside him

She had not said one word since they had left.

"So...Khushi...Would you rather work in some other department? I mean, you can tell me what you like working with and..."

"I don't want any special treatment Mr. Raizada. Just because our sisters seem to be friends, does NOT mean that you can offer me your fake charity."

Arnav had just pulled into his parking space, and he slammed on the break.

"No listen, I am your boss, I won't have any disrespect in my office! I was trying to be nice, but if you're so high and mighty then, you will be given the hardest work to do!"

Getting out, he slammed his car door with a bang.

Khushi's hands fumbled as she tried to free her seatbelt...

But it wouldn't budge...

As soon as Arnav had exited the car, he felt bad for snapping at her...

"She doesn't remember yet..." he reminded himself...

He looked up and saw that she hadn't come out yet...

Walking around to the passenger side, he saw her pulling at her seatbelt.

Knocking on the window, he said..."Come on..."

She briefly looked up and gave an annoyed scowl...

Rolling his eyes, he opened the car door..."What is wrong..."

"Nothing. You go on ahead, I will be along soon..." 

Dropping his briefcase to the ground, he leaned in over her and laid his hand over hers...

Her head spun to face him...

As he stared into her eyes, he gently moved her hand away, and unlatched the clasp...

Slowly moving back, he lifted the strap over her head...

"Th...thankyou..."



.............................





Precap-



"Where is Khushi?" Arnav asked as he entered the downstairs office...

"Khushi?" One lady asked...

Arnav scowled at her..."Yes...Khushi Kumari Gupta...The new girl...Where is she?"

The woman in front of him shrugged...

Other workers just muttered that they didn't know...





7 comments:

  1. Omg! I'm soo happy arnav got his memory back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he got his memory back!!!! wonderful... waiting for khushi to realize...

    is shyamu the villain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. luvvd it i thought khushis will cum bak first. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was truly awesome
    omg asr memory getting back .......
    pls do update soon , at least this one pls pls pls pls ............

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome update loved it he is getting his memory back awesome loved the fight hope she starts getting her back also

    ReplyDelete
  6. as always entertaining and awesome
    really enjoying this story of urs

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhaha its like you inserted an Arshi fangirl into the fic and named her PAYAL!! I had the exact same reaction to this chapter, i squealed so loud when he said "My heart knew..."!!

    ReplyDelete