Sunday, November 18, 2012

SS : Memories Part 11


"Why are you sorry?"

Khushi's eyes were fixed on his wet cheeks...

"Do you really think that I would just get over what I felt for you?"

She quickly moved off his lap and shakily moved back to reseat herself in her chair..."I don't know what I thought Arnavji..."

"Well it's time you DO think Khushi...I know this is a shock, but you can't remain hidden inside yourself! YOU taught me that! You always tried to encourage me to share my life with you...so our friendship could remain open and honest!"

"But things have changed!" she snapped back at him...

Smiling sarcastically, he shook his head..."No Khushi...Our friendship was strong..."

"My thoughts on our friendship changed that day Arnavji...once someone trusts a person with their life, it changes everything...When the accident happened...you held onto me...you didn't let me go..."

Arnav leaned in..."Yes, I instantly reached for you...do you remember what you did?"

Their eyelock began to emit heated rays as she answered..."I automatically turned to you, clinging to you..."

Moving closer, he continued..."Khushi...why did we both have the same injury? Why did we BOTH hold onto the memory of each other...!? Why has every, every single moment of my life in the last four years been ALL about you! Every decision! Every choice! Every breath!!!"

Khushi felt chills spread throughout her body..."He can't keep saying these things to me...he can't..." she thought nervously...

"No...No Khushi, I can see you thinking...You just asked me to continue being your friend...and you KNOW that we have ALWAYS been brutally honest with each other...I am telling you this because even though I couldn't remember you, it's YOU who has been missing from my life...not only as the love of my life, but as a friend...."

Khushi's heart fluttered...

"I have missed you...so much..." his hand reached over and held hers..."Khushi I would have missed you even if we had never met..."

"Arnav...ji..."

He could see that she was holding back...

Her eyes were sparkling...

There was so much that she wanted to say, to feel...

Holding her hand tighter, he stood up, her eyes followed..."Come with me...I want to show you something..."

"Where...?"

He could hear the nerves in her voice...

With a husky voice, and gentle eyes, he knelt in before her, kissing her hand softly..."Come with me Princess, Let me be your Prince...I can always rewind time...the hands of the clock are easy to move..."

And then he winked at her...

A warm smile began to tweak at Khushi's lips as she remembered...



*Flashback*



Disappointment clouded Khushi's eyes as she said..."I have to pretend to be the SERVANT?"

"Well...yes..." smirked the girl..."I'd be much better as the princess, so you can either play the prince or the servants...plus, I'm a year older than you! I'm 12!"

Khushi slumped her shoulders and prayed for a miracle...for a literal prince to come and save her...

Priya placed three pillows on a chair and sat up tall, trying to look as regal as possible..."Now, First thing I want you to do is..."

Four loud bangs on the door rudely interrupted their charade...

Priya was furious, but Khushi was almost willing to hug the person who was on the other side...

"Come in..."

The door opened..."Time for Priya to go home Khushi..."

Priya stood up in a huff..."We haven't finished!"

Khushi heard two loud footsteps entering her room..."I didn't ASK you if you were ready to leave, I TOLD you...It's time for you to go home..."

The smug schoolgirl rested her hands on her hips..."Khushi's Amma said I can stay until 4.30...and it's..." her voice faded as she craned her head to look into the hallway...

4.30pm.

Priya pointed her hand at the clock..."That can't...be right!"

Khushi finally stood up..."Priya, we can always meet after school another day and..."

"Good..." the girl stated firmly..."Tomorrow. And practice your  serving, as I am the princess, not you..."

Giving one last look at her 'friend' Khushi saw her disappear down the hall...

The slamming of her door jolted her back to the pressent...

"Khushi, What the hell!!! Why do you let people talk to you this way?!"

Normally, harsh words made her retract into herself, but when it came to this person...

She rushed forwards and threw her arms around, hugging fiercely..."Thankyou Arnavji..."

In a flash, his displeasure vanished and he hugged her tight...

"I really wanted to be the princess...I can't believe how fast the time went..."

Khushi snickered..."This fairytale stuff must sound so silly to you right?"

Arnav began to walk forwards, moving her to sit down...

She watched in awe as her best friend knelt in front of her, kissing her hand softly..."Come with me Princess, Let me be your Prince...I can always fast-forward time...the hands of the clock are easy to move..."

He playfully winked at her, as her bright smile lit up the room...



*End of Flashback*



Arnav felt as if sunlight directly hit his soul...

"Your smile...is divine..."

Khushi's cheeks went bright pink and she quickly spoke..."Uh...you...you originally said fast-forward time...how can you rewind time?"

"Ah..." he to got to his feet, lifting her hand to motion her to stand..."That is why you need to come with me..."



.................


When they arrived at Shantivan, Khushi felt a wave of nerves thrash inside her...

"Um...What if..."

"Di and Payal are out...I send Di a message asking her where they would be...It's just you and me...Like that afternoon when you were my princess..."

Khushi smiled and felt butterflies flitter around in her belly...

As he held her hand, he led her to the storeroom in his house...

Khushi sneezed as some dust flew around her nose...

Arnav inwardly smiled...

He pulled out a large wooden drawer and lifted out a brown box...

As he placed it on top of the cabinet, he let out a long sigh...

Khushi knew that sound..."Are you alright?"

Arnav turned to look at her..."Yes, I just...I knew this was here all along...but...but I had refused to look at anything that could possibly remind me of you...I didn't want to see the face of the person I loved, and only be reminded that I wasn't able to save her..."

Khushi immediately held onto his arm, grasping tightly...

Attempting to shake the sadness away, Arnav kissed the top of her head and said..."I have something I want to show you..."

Opening the lid to the box, he kept his eyes on Khushi's face...

The moment she saw it's contents, she began to glow with surprise...

"You...you had kept all this?!"

She pushed in front of him and  lifted out several photo streams of them, laughing together...

He looked at each set and inched closer to her...

Khushi's small laughs were hitting the sensitive spots in his heart...

And she couldn't stop smiling if she wanted to...she was thrilled to find so many mementos...

Stubs from movies and concerts they attended.

Silly notes and a child's Valentines card she'd given him.

A handkerchief he had once given her that she had kept in her pocket...

He held it to his face, wishing it held her scent.

But he could not capture that part of her because she didn't wear any specific perfume...

She was unique...

Then he saw her slender fingers pick up a letter...

As she opened it, he felt the loss of four years begin to pull at his heart...

He could probably reproduce every loop he'd made on that paper from his memory.

Arnav could remember writing it...dwelling on the memories that he had locked into the paper.

Before he let himself recall his words, he heard her begin to read them aloud...




I don't know when the 'right moment' will come...
I'm sure I've been in love with you all my life, but now... I'm old enough to realize what love is
All my thoughts are drawn to you... 
And when I'm around you...
You make my spirit come alive...
Sometimes I feel just a word away from telling you how I feel...
But then, I become lost for words...
Only your eyes could know the way that I feel and how much I need you with me ...
How much I love you Khushi...





3 comments:

  1. what a lovely,romantic and heartfelt lovenote. This story has a sweet tenderness to it. Likr it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww the letter is so sweet. I can understand Khushi's apprehension about giving into her feeling’s- the last time she did so she lost him.
    Omg what if they got married!!?!! There’s an hour of time missing between their kiss and the crash……or am I just jumping to random conclusions that make no sense what so ever and reading to far into things; loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in such an awe...how can these people be this cute nd adorable. ..my god they are unbelievable. ...I just loved the way my heart did a little dance in the part when he called her jaan for the first time in this story... this story would always and ever be so close to my heart...I just soooo love people who be faithful to what they love... I just adore the little ones that are blooming up in these two matured people once again... eeeeeps am excited now

    ReplyDelete