Sunday, January 27, 2013

SS : Recapturing Part 7




Arnav escaped to his room...

As he sat down on the couch with a thud, he lifted the screen of his laptop...

With a shake of his head, he hoped to dispel the ringing that was echoing in his ears...

The squealing that he encountered when he and Khushi had arrived home was intense.

He loved his sister...

He loved Payal...

And more than anything, he loved Khushi...

But if he stayed downstairs a minute longer, he was sure he would go deaf...

Khushi, however, was still in amidst the endless excitement...

"...So...Within a week you will be married!" Anjali shreiked

Payal nodded exuberantly..."We can do it! We can plan everything!"

Anjali pulled Khushi into a gripping embrace..."This is......AHHHH! I'm so excited!!!"

Khushi laughed and hugged back...

Payal lunged forwards and made it a group hug...

"My sister!!!!! Your brother!!!! I thought I'd never see it!"

"I know! We will make this the most beautiful, fantastic wedding you'll ever see Khushiji! I promise!"

Pulling back, Khushi massaged her cheeks slightly..."Ugh, I have to stop smiling for a minute...My FACE is aching..."

Payal giggled as Anjali ran quickly into the other room...

Khushi craned her head and watched..."Where is she going?"

Almost instantly, Anjali rushed back in holding stacks of papers, magazines, and folders...

"What the! What is all this?" Khushi exclaimed...

Anjali laughed..."What the? Really, Khushiji!"

"Anjaliji, I don't want you to go to too much..."

Payal cut Khushi's sentence off..."Khushi, we are going to make this beautiful...we never thought we'd be able to plan this, so unless you want two very bitchy women here, then you'll let us do our job!"


An hour later...


Yawning, Khushi tried to get their attention..."Uh...Jiji, I really need to get some sleep..."

"Khushiji, since there's only going to be us 4, did you still want a cake?"

Payal gently smacked Anjali's arm..."WE can still have a celebration afterwards, can't we?"

"Oh ofcourse! But we wouldn't need a huge cake? I mean, this is a very different wedding to what I'm used to..."

"I know, once Khushi saw that white dress when she was little she's been wanting a white wedding..."

"Anjaliji, I trust you and Jiji, I really need to go to slee-"

"But now it comes down to what KIND of cake you want Khushiji...It can be whatever you like! OH! And what color do you want US to wear?"

Yawning again, Khushi was about to beg them again to let her go, but Payal chimed in once more..."She already planned that too...it's quite sappy, but she wants us in pink...ugh...please..." Payal looked towards her sister..."Tell me that with maturity, you've changed your mind?!"

Arnav walked out of his room and started watching them from above...

He was smiling at their banter...

"Jiji, I...pink is..." she began to yawn again..."can we talk about this tomorrow, because I'm really tired..."

"Oh no." the women looked at each other..."She still wants pink..."

Anjali laughed..."Well then that's what she'll get..."

Payal began writing things down...

"And now...we need to find you the dress, and then plan the flowers, and then..."
 
The voices began to fade out, as Arnav watched Khushi carefully...

"She's so tired, can't they see that?!" he thought angrily, and started down the stairs...

Khushi strained to keep her eyes open as the questions from her sister kept flying at her...

Flowers...

Dresses...

Colors...

Times...

Dates...

"Khushi?...Khushi?!"

Khushi quickly shuddered and looked up..."Yes?"

"What date did you want? Both of these work perfectly for everyone...so pick any..."

"Uh...um...I think that..." she began to yawn again...

Her eyes closed as she inhaled and exhaled deeply...

But as she did, she felt as thought she was lifted up on a cloud...

She suddenly felt warmed, safer, and more relaxed...

Opening her tired eyes, she saw her rescuer...

"She's not deciding anything else tonight...Goodnight..."

And not waiting for a reply, Arnav turned and carried Khushi up the stairs...

She didn't know what to say.

Anjali and Payal had merely nodded and gone back to planning...

Arnav walked into her room and carefully placed her on the bed...

"Ok, my love...time for you to get some sleep..."

Khushi still stared...

Arnav smiled and leaned forward to kiss her forehead..."Come on..."

He lifted the covers and lay her back against the sheets...

Gently lifting her legs, he took off her shoes, and pulled the blanket over her...

Coming back up beside her, he smoothed her hair away from her face and bent down, kissing her lips, ever so lightly...

"I love you...Goodnight..."

He saw her lips curve into a smile as she closed her eyes and fell fast asleep...




.....................





"We can make it look beautiful and simple...I know that's what she really wants...right?"

Payal nodded, "You are right...I think we overwhelmed her..."

Anjali was about to speak when Payal's phone began to ring...

"Hello?"

"Payalji? It's Shyam..."

"Oh my goodness! How did you find us?"

Anjali's eyes began to inquire...

Payal covered the phone's speaker and whispered..."A friend who I met in the hospital...on the day of the accident..."

Anjali nodded and smiled...

She knew they'd come a long way, from not being able to mention the accident, to now talking about it nonchalantly...

"I had to find you, you are both so dear to me...I was wondering, when you're coming back here..."
 
"Well, we aren't! Remember the man who had been in the accident with Khushi?!"

Shyam went silent...

"Shyamji?"

Anjali's eyes darted up...

"Hello? Are you still there?"

"You...you found the guy?" shyam stuttered out

"Yes! And they both remember each other! It's incredible!!! It was as though they needed each other to remember!"

"I have to go. I'll be in town soon. I'd like to see you both..."

"But...can you-" Payal heard him hang up.

"Payalji?" Anjali whispered...

"He had to go...that was the..."

"I also had a man named Shyam come to Chote's hospital..."

Payal cringed..."What? What do you mean?"

"He said that he had witnessed the accident...and that if we ever needed anything to call him..."

Payal turned deathly white..."Did he come a few minutes after..."

"He arrived a few moments after the doctor came in with the news of Khushiji's death..."

Both went quiet.

"He coudln't be involved in a bad way though...he couldn't...he helped us both so much!"

Anjali's hand shook as she gripped Payal's..."But he disappeared...Chote and I tried to find him, to see if he could give us more information about the accident, but we couldn't find him!"

"Anjaliji, he couldn't have had anything to do with it...he was just a witness...and anyway, now that they've both regained their memories, wouldn't they KNOW or REMEMBER him if he were involved?"

Payal stopped and thought..."Oh...yes, you are right..."

"And he would have had injuries..."

Payal nodded again..."But...something just doesn't sit right..."



..................


"They found each other!"

"What?"

Shyam burst into the man's office..."They fucking found each other!"

"How?"

Grabbing the man's collar, he screamed..."YOU lost them! You let them leave!!! I couldn't find them!"

Tugging free, the man pointed his finger at Shyam..."Don't blame this all on me! It was a stupid plan to begin with! I can only pull so many strings!"

"That doctor friend of yours better keep quiet!"

"He will! He's reliable...but I can't forge and hide facts forever!"

Shyam roughly fisted his hands into his pockets..."What FACT!...The fact that I caused the accident!? I wanted her! And I damn well wasn't going to let him have her! When I saw how badly she was injured, I grabbed the broken steering wheel and battered him on the head! How did I know they'd both have the fucking same injury!"

The other man shook his head..."Stupid...Plan!"

"It was going FINE! Those stupid sisters believed that doctor! They didn't even ask questions! They believed, and moved on...I have been SO careful not to let them find Arnav Singh Raizada!"

"Well, they did, and they sure as hell are going to ask questions now!"

Shyam's face turned red..."Let them ask!...let the truth come out!...because  all I ever wanted was Khushiji...from the beginning...I barely even spoke to her at school...I never had a chance...she was always with...with him..."

Shyam slumped into a chair..."I watched...and loved from afar...that's why no one ever would suspect me! She barely knew me...But you, you better stay clear of them...YOU posed as my grief stricken father, saying I died in the crash!"

"Look..." the other man said..."There are so many flaws in this plan...they WILL figure it out...This Arnav Singh Raizada is a tyrant...he's smart...and he has a LOT of power..."

"I don't fucking care! I'm getting that woman! And not YOU or HE has any say in this!"



...................



Waking with a start, Khushi sat up...

She looked down and saw that she had slept in her clothes...

"I...what is this?" she thought confusedly...

Her hair was all scruffed up as she tried to run her fingers through it...

She sluggishly headed to the bathroom...

As she caught sight of herself in the mirror, it all came squealing back...

She was getting married this week.

"Oh....my...Gosh..."

She felt a shiver run through her...

Not sure whether is was a shiver of fear or excitement, she quickly stripped and showered...

She concentrated on washing her hair...

Then concentrated on brushing her teeth...

Then concentrated on getting dressed...

But as soon as her hand held the door handle, she froze...

"Why can't things just stay the way they are for now..." she thought..."I love Arnavji...I love him so much...I do want to marry him...but...I can't lose him...not again..."

Her heart beat began to accelerate...

"No..." she said aloud..."No..."

Taking a deep breath...she tried to calm herself..."I trust Arnavji. I trust our love. Enough Khushi."

Pulling the door open, she marched proudly down the stairs...

Arnav saw her exit her room...

He had woken up early and already started work on his laptop...

Now, he sat on the couch, with his black coffee, waiting for his future wife to appear...

He smiled as soon as he saw her...

He saw her 'headstrong' expression, he waited for her to notice him.

Halfway down the stairs, she still hadn't looked up...

So he stood.

Still, not looking up, Khushi finally stepped down the last step...

So he walked forwards...

Khushi stopped, took a deep breath, and muttered..."Keep calm Khushi...Calm..."

Arnav heard her and realized that she was still worried...

He walked closer..."Khushi..."

Gasping in fright, she misplaced her step, and fell straight into his arms...

He held her tight, making sure she felt his arms around her...

Khushi instantly looked up...

"I know you're still worried...I am too...But I'm not letting you out of this...I can't...You're mine, and I WILL have you as my wife..."

Righting their bodies, he kept their eyes locked together...

She tried to speak..."I...I just...I love you...but..."

"No! No Khushi, NO BUT!"

Furious, Arnav made a move to turn away, but Khushi caught his arm...

Her fingers stroked over his skin restlessly, in an innocent absentminded caress.

“I'm sorry Arnavji...I love you...I want to be with you...you're not like anyone I’ve ever known...”

“Damn right I’m not,” he growled, kissing her hard and swift before she could pull away...

“I’m the man who’s going to wear down your fear...the man who’s going to make you his at any cost...the man who’s going to seduce you every chance he gets, even when you say no . . . " he pulled her closer..."hell, especially when you say no.”

Khushi gazed up at him with wide eyes..."I don't want to say no..."

Arnav's eyes were fierce..."I won't LET you say no Khushi...Nothing is going to happen...but...if it does...I will move heaven and earth to make sure you and I are together forever..."

And for the first time in days, Khushi felt a small part of her burden crumble away...

"Are you two okay?"

Both looked up to see Payal staring intently in their direction...

Khushi tried to break away, but Arnav held on...

"We're ok, Khushi slipped and..."
 
"And he caught me...and I'm fine, we're fine...everything is fine Jiji..."

Payal smirked and left...

"How about you stop slacking off now Miss Gupta, and have your breakfast, so we can go to work..."

Khushi's eyes shot up as infuriation turned into amusement..."Yes sir..."



.................



No Precap


5 comments:

  1. the girlish screams of excitement and the planning were very natural as was arnav's exasperation that the sisters hadn't noticed khushi's exhaustion... loved arnav's protectiveness and the manner in which he took matters into his own hands by carrying khushi off to her bed for some well-deserved rest... the sense of warmth and rightness that engulfs her is very touching... khushi's dithering over her upcoming marriage is likely due to the fear that she might lose her love just as she did before... it seems to good to be true right now... at least arnav's determination to keep her with him might assuage her fears to some extent!

    good of anjali and payal to put two and two together and to come up with four... hopefully they'll have the sense to tell arnav and khushi about it, helping them recollect that there had been a shyam in their school... maybe they can investigate things further while remaining on the alert

    something niggles: in the last update it was mentioned that the person involved in causing the accident was badly injured... here it seems like shyam is the one... if he had been that badly injured that he later lost sight of the gupta sisters' whereabouts how did bash arnav over the head with the steering wheel and how did he make it to both the hospitals to meet payal and anjali? or is that man impersonating his father also involved? please clarify, especially if, as it seems, there's someting I've missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it. amazing update..
    I thought Anjali & Payal would do 2+2 after Shyam's call but they still couldn't do it.. I hope they are alert at least.. and tell Arnav about all this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it. Sweet how Arnav took care of Khushi. Looks like Shyam is back. Amazing update.

    -desisweetheart9 from IF.

    ReplyDelete