Saturday, March 30, 2013

SS : Take What's Left Of My Heart Part 2





Arnav sat by her side the entire night.

Not for a single moment had he slept.

He clenched his wounded fist tight every time he heard her whimper...

Each time she so much as moved and inch, he was painfully alert, helping her move, making her comfortable…

It was heartbreaking…

She groaned as she moved her legs, her face seizing up with pain…

Arnav felt his heart grow heavier with sorrow.

He had asked Payal to come in and re-dress her…

Payal didn't ask much.

All Arnav told her was about the injury to her head, which did concern Payal a great deal…

"You could have dressed her Arnavji…"

Arnav's stomach lurched…"I...I don't want to hurt her…"

Payal smiled softly…"I know her head is injured but she's a strong girl…"

Arnav felt his act start to fade…"oh God…"

Payal quickly covered Khushi and placed her hand on Arnav's shoulder…"She will be okay...She's…"

His resolve weakened and he begged, "Please leave Payal...please…"

The moment he was alone with Khushi once again, he broke down…

Clenching his fist once again, he reopened the wound, bringing more pain upon himself.

His wounded right hand was wrapped in a bandage …

He had struck the glass in the bathroom many times…

Now as he sad beside her, all he wanted to do was beg for her forgiveness…

But how...

He had been so intent on taking care of her, he was shocked when he saw sunlight streaming into the room…

"oh God…" he breathed…"What am I going to say…? How do I even...how…"

But he didn't have time to wonder about what to say, as he saw her eyes flicker open…


……...



With a headache that made even the tiniest noise resound, Khushi began to wake…

She slowly lifted her arms above her head and began to stretch, only to have shooting pains strike through her abdomen…

Oh dear God! What is that pain!?

Whimpering weakly, she tried to lift her knees up to her chest to dull the pain, only to find that she barely had the strength to move…

"Khushi?..."

She froze.

"Arnavji?"

His eyes were swollen and red with exhaustion…

"Don't be afraid...pl...please...I'm not going to hurt you…"

Khushi blinked slowly as she began to focus better…

"Arnavji …" she whispered…

He felt humiliation stab at him, "Yes...I'm here, I'm not going to hurt you, please believe me...please, do you need anything? I can call a doctor for you...I can…"

"You...you look terrible...what has...what happened?"

Arnav was astounded.

"What?"

Lifting her hand, she gently touched his face…

Arnav almost forgot to breathe…

"Have you slept?" she said quietly…

What the hell is happening?!?!?!!?!?

Khushi began trying to sit up, only to fall back to the bed as her insides pulled and ached…

Arnav moved his shaking hands to help her…"Don't, don't strain yourself, please...please let me help you, or I can call a nurse, or Payal...Khushi just…"

Lifting her confused gaze to his, she frowned…"What's wrong? What has happened?"

As he helped her to sit up, his eyes widened…"Do...do you remember what happened last night?"

Staring intently, her brow furrowed…"I...I don't...I…" her eyes began to fill with fear…

Desperate to calm her…"No, no Khushi, I'm not going to hurt you, I swear, I won't hurt you, I promise you…"

"Arnavji…"

Her quiet voice unnerved him…

"Yes…"

"I know and understand the reason for your anger...If someone betrayed my Jiji, I would feel the same amount of rage...but…" her voice rasped as she began to cry…"...but I promise you...I am not, nor have I ever been involved with Shyamji...I promise you…"

Arnav fell to his  knees beside the bed…

Holding her hand gently in his, he spoke…"I know. I believe you. I believe you. I am...I...I am so so sorry...I can't even bring myself to ask for forgiveness as I don't deserve…"

His words stopped as he saw her cringe in pain…

"Khushi…!"

Her fingers pressed to her temple, "I'm okay...my head hurts a lot...I remember falling…"

Bringing her hand to his lips, he kissed it over and over…"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Khushi...I'm…"

"What happened after I fell?"

Arnav heart froze and then jump started with a jolt.

Her words slammed a shocking realization into him…

"You...you don't remember?"

Khushi shook her head slowly, "no, the last thing I remember is falling out the doors...did you bring me to the bed?"

Shame began to suffocate him…

"...yes...I brought you…"

"And...and my clothes?"

"P…Payal…" his voice cracked…"I asked Payal to change you…"

Khushi shivered and pulled the blanket further around her…

"Khushi, do you remember anything else from last night?"

Blinking slowly, she tried to think…

Arnav's heart was breaking apart…

"No...no I don't…"

Squeezing his eyes shut, he let go of Khushi's hand…

"I...I did...I...I hurt...I hurt you Khushi…"

"...yes...yes you did, but I'm okay...It's just a bump on the head...I'll be alright…"

He couldn't draw in air…

He shook his head as he felt his heart become strangled…

 "Arnavji, I KNOW why you were angry...I understand you better than you think I do...I read the note your Mother left for me...I know your anger sometimes overcomes you...and I am glad that I could save you from yourself last night...I hate seeing you hurt yourself so much...”

Arnav stood up fast…

He felt like someone was heaping flaming coal onto his heart…

Onto his very soul…

"Khushi stop talking...I have to tell you something..."










11 comments:

  1. nice update.. frankly speaking, for a sec aft reading the first update i thought it will be like another ff where arnav rapes khushi and she startsfeeling scared of him and all tht, but forgetting wht happened is a real twist. wondering if he will be able to confess his mistake and howz she gonna react

    ReplyDelete
  2. somebody stop him.please..
    you were right about the warnngs.its painful to see him like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't remember! Ohhhhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god she doesn't remember anything

    is he going to tell her

    waiting to know what will happen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never expected that to happen in my wildest dream

    I think Arnav should tell her the truth

    fantastic update

    ReplyDelete
  6. She doesn't rmr anything!!!!! Oh god she's going to freak out when she finds out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God !!! She doesn't remember what happened between them

    And now he is going to tell her

    Damn, if it is one thing Arnav is honest he would never lie to save himself

    But if he doesn't tell her and she remembers it will be worse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great twist! You write amazingly well, guilty Arnav has been portrayed superbly.
    I wislh they had shown Arnavs remorse for hurting her in the show as well but it wasn't
    carried out as well as this! Update soon pkease, cant wait to read more. AJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg she doesn't remember..i just want him to tell her the truth..plzzz plzzzz update soon//cnt wait to read the next part

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice start loved it. (IF user id Laksh65)

    ReplyDelete
  11. she dont remember anything after being hit on head... nice twist dear... lets see how arnav is going to tell her his doings previously

    ReplyDelete