Sunday, March 31, 2013

SS : Take What's Left Of My Heart Part 3






"You don't have to tell me anything...I...I care for you, and I understand your need to protect Anjaliji…"

"Call her di…" he answered fast…

Blinking out tears, Khushi began to cry…"Thank...thankyou Arnavji...I never wanted to hurt her...I never…"

Arnav's strength crumbled…

He fell to the floor with a scream of obliterating pain…

"Arnavji!" 

Khushi slowly tried to push her weakened body off the bed…

Arnav saw her through bleeding eyes…"NO...don't come near me! Stay still…"

Khushi shook her head, as she stumbled towards him…"Arnavji, what's wrong…? Are you…"

Arnav began to shy away…"Don't Khushi...Don't come near me...I am not deserving of any of your concern…"

Ignoring his demands, Khushi slowly sank to her knees…

Hearing her pained moan, he instantly pulled her carefully into his arms…

His arms were wound around her waist as she whimpered at the aches from within her body…

"Khushi…"

Lifting her with ease, he stood up and carried her back to the bed…

As he was about to move away, he saw that her hand was still clutching tightly to his shirt…

He tried to gently pry her fingers away…"Don't...don't Khushi...If you knew...If you knew what I did...You wouldn't…"

"Arnavji, I love you…"

Arnav wanted to disappear as much as he wanted to rejoice at her confession…

His voice was in tatters, "...Khu...Khushi I…"
 
Her big, saddened eyes were welling up once more..."I know you don't love me anymore...I remember that much...but I'm asking you...please do not hate me…"

Arnav couldn’t move.

He wanted to slide closer towards her…

He wanted to feel the softness of her face under his fingers…

But he held himself still as a statue...

"I don't hate you Khushi..."

Her sigh of relief felt like poison to his heart...

Finally lifting his gaze to hers, he said, "I...I love you…I'm in love with you..."

Time slowed as their eyes remain glued to each others…

"I love you...I love you Khushi...I love you...I do...I love you…"

As he began to endlessly confess, his voice faded as overpowering emotion took hold of him…

Khushi lifted her hand to his face, "Shhhh...Arnavji...Shhhh…"

Briskly standing up, Arnav felt ready to strike himself to the ground…"Khushi...I have to tell you something...I can't go on like this...It's killing me inside...I feel sick with guilt…"

Khushi was about to interrupt only to have him continue…

"No, don't say anything...I need you to listen to me, I don't deserve your love, your concern, your care...I don't deserve any of it! I love you! I truly love you! And yet, I have hurt you in the worst possible way…"

Slowly, Khushi attempted to sit up…"Arnavji...I ...Ouch!"

Senses alert, Arnav automatically rushed to her and helped her into a sitting position…

But almost instantly, his hands dropped away from her once again…

Khushi reached for his hand, and held it tight as she responded…"I have told you...I understand. When I realized how badly Shyamji deceived you, I understood your need to protect Di...you love her more than anything, and…"

"NO!" his tone was desperate..."I love YOU more than anything…"

Khushi saw a debilitating burden of guilt in his eyes, in his entire countenance…

"Arnavji, the past is over...let us move on from today…"

Groaning once again, Arnav bowed his head before her, "Khushi, no, you don't understand what I did…"

But the pain inside HER heart reared up..."Stop! Please! I have lived with you for months! All these months have been excruciatingly sad for me! Please Arnavji, please can we more forwards...please can we forget the past…"

"Khushi I can't…"

Her grip on his hand tightened…"Please…"

"Khushi...no…I…"

Her resolve finally melted and she broke down into tears…"Please Arnavji, please...I am filled with pain and sadness, please...please, I want to be happy again...please…"

Swallowing hard, Arnav slowly placed his trembling hand over hers…"You deserve to be happy...but you also deserve the truth…"

But she didn't hear him…

Her emotions were now overwrought…

Arnav was terrified to touch her, but seeing her so broken only worsened how despondent he felt…

Not wanting to scare her, he slowly wrapped his arms around her and almost instantly, she clutched onto his shirt, holding onto him as if he were an anchor…

Arnav's face seized up in agony as he began to curse himself…"She doesn't even know! She doesn't remember what I did! She thinks I am only sorry for forcing her to marry me!? I forced her to...I forced…"

Her hands pulled harder at his shirt…

"If I tell her, she may actually have a serious breakdown...but...but I can't lie...I…"

As her haunted whimpers permeated his ears, he was overcome with a need to make her happy…

He needed to see the bright, bubbly Khushi back…

Not the Khushi who he had ruined…

Sliding his hand up over her neck, he softly held her head as he whispered..."No one will ever hurt you again...especially me...you will be happy again Khushi...I swear on my life that you will be happy again…"

Her tearstained face lifted to his…"Can we please be happy together…?"

Arnav stared long and hard into her eyes…

"I will make you happier than you ever thought you could be…" he replied...

As she rested her head back against his chest, Arnav made a promise to himself…"Never again will my touch on you be violent, or in anger...I will remain faithful to you for as long as I live...I don't deserve to be your husband...But you deserve love, and though I never gave it before, I will damn well give it now…"


10 comments:

  1. ohh man please let him speak khushi please :( bt i dnt kw what will happen to khushi after she faces the truth bt arnav should tell her..or is khushi lying to arnav saying that she doesn't remember anything??gosh this is driving me nuts..awesome update dear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. crap he didn't tell her

    this is going to come back to bite him
    when she remembers

    ReplyDelete
  3. He needs to tell her and she needs to let him speak
    But I bet she remembers and doesn't want to her it again or wants to start afresh with him

    ReplyDelete
  4. what the !! he didn't tell her no no this is not going to work
    plz tell her yr ...she will find out anyway

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice mini update, dont know how she is going to react, after knowing the truth from her, at the same time i have a doubt she remembers. (IF user laksh65)

    ReplyDelete
  6. he didnt tell her the truth... waiting when he tells her hos she is going to react nice update

    -Shwetz-IF

    ReplyDelete
  7. he should tell her

    that would be shock 4 her if she knew after every thing be okey between them

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just saved my life with this update! I was dying to know what happend. He should tell her, but not that soon I think

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope he tells her! What if she got pregnant from some of the act

    ReplyDelete