Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SS : Take What's Left Of My Heart Part 6





"Chote! What have you done!?" Nani screamed

Arnav was still staring fiercely into Khushi's eyes…

"Bhai?! Jijaji!?"

Akash rushed into the room and began assisting Shyam to stand…

His mouth was bloody and was dripping onto the carpet...

Shyam clutched onto Akash's cuff..."Saale Saab is going through problems with HIS wife, so he dared to put the blame on me!"

Arnav spun back around…

Fury etched his face…

With a primal urge to finish the job he started on Shyam, he stepped forwards…

"Bhai NO!"

Arnav froze.

But it wasn't Akash's plea that stopped him.

Khushi had reached out and gripped his shoulder…

"Let go of me Khushi…please..." he begged…

"Arnavji…stop...think of Di..."

"It is for YOU that I want to do this Khushi!"

"Then for me - DON'T do this!"

Clenching his fists, he stepped back once again…

"Shyamji!!!"

Anjali's horrified scream nearly shook down the walls of the room…

Pushing past everyone, she fawned over her husband...making him sit, holding his shoulders, questioning him if he was in pain…

Arnav's repulsed expression went unnoticed by his sister, as she tended to the one man who had no right to belong in his house.

"Tell me, where does it hurt? Hari Prakash! Please bring ice packs!"

"Rani Saba, I am alright…Saale Saab is going through some emotional...uh...distress…"

Anjali's sobbing expression turned to her brother…

Arnav glanced from his sister to Shyam, whose face now harbored a smirk…

"Chote, how could you do this?! Just because you are angry?! Do you realize how much this has hurt me?!"

Her questioned sparked an emotion he had never truly felt for his sister before…disgust…

"You?...YOU!?"

Khushi, desperate to help everyone, hurried past Arnav and lifted Anjali's hand in her own…"Di, please calm down...please…I will talk to Arnavji...just take care of yourself and...and jijaji…"

Squeezing Khushi's hand, Anjali nodded…"Thankyou...thankyou for being the only shred of peace in Chote's life…"

Khushi averted her eyes from Shyam as she turned back to Arnav…

"May...may I speak with you please…?"

He extended his hand and Khushi's eyes nervously darted back and forth before she rested her small hand in his…

Arnav tried to speak..."Di, I don't want to be the cause of more pain for you…"

"Chote, just go and calm down...I will talk to you later…"

Anjali nodded towards Khushi…


………


An entire week went by…


The underlying current was felt by everyone…

Anjali had tried to bring things back to normal, but even she could sense that something serious was lurking around in everyone's lives…

Arnav and Khushi were strangers in love…

Khushi walked around as a shell of what she was before, with Arnav having no clue as to how to rectify what he had done to her…

Their conversations were short…

Arnav worked late, so that she could fall asleep in peace…

And once he arrived home, he silently entered their room and went to sleep on the couch…

Khushi would wake up early every morning, and find that Arnav had gone…

Her heart would get emptier every single day…

Once the pain in her body had diminished, the pain resurfaced in her heart…

"Khushiji?"

Shocked out of her musings, Khushi's quickly stood up, knocking the cup from her lap…

She gasped in horror as it smashed on the floor…

"Oh...Khushiji...stay still…" Anjali moved towards Khushi…

"No, Di...it's" she knelt down and began picking up the pieces…"It's alright…"

Just as Anjali was about to help, Khushi stood up…."No! Di! You're pregnant! Let me do it…"

Anjali remained calm…"What's wrong?"

Khushi hurried to clear the broken clay off the floor and took a deep breath…"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you…"

"Khushiji, did...did Chote…"

Her body slammed full of nervous energy…"Di...Di...I'm...I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to yell at you...I swear, I was concerned for you...for your baby...Please don't tell Arnavji that I...that I…"

Anjali took Khushi's trembling hands in her own…"Stop...shhhh…"

As one pair of tortured eyes met the other, their pulses relaxed slightly…

"Khushiji, I was only going to ask if you were still angry at Chote...I will be honest, even I am upset at his behaviour...but you are married...I have sensed a problem between you two for awhile now...and even though I am angry with Chote, I still want his happiness more than anything…"

Khushi studied Anjali's expression and saw how serious she was…

"Even more than yours and jijaji's?"

Anjali smiled softly…"We ARE happy...but Chote told me awhile ago about your forced marriage…"

"He what!?"

Nodding, she continued…"He told me...and I was furious with him...but then I remembered times you were both together...your attraction towards each other...I could feel the love you both had for each other…"

"No...I...I...he…"

"Khushi, I know he hurt you by forcing you to marry him...but I also know that he loves you...and that you love him…I want you both to be happy...just like Shyamji and I am…"

"Di...I am sorry. I HAVE been angry towards Arnavji...but, I don't want to see you unhappy anymore than I want to see Arnavji unhappy...and I will try, and try hard, to let go of what happened in the past...I don't want to make your life harder…"

"Harder?" Anjali frowned as tears filled her eyes…"I am happily married, and expecting a baby...I'm fine Khushiji...I just want to see you and Chote happy…"

Khushi rested her palm on Anjali's cheek…"No tears Di...I promise...I will fix this…"


………



Khushi tried to wait up.

She fixed dinner, set it out, and waited for her husband to come home.

As she began to slump in the dining room chair, her thoughts were racing…"you can do this Khushi. He said he still loves you. He said he wants forgiveness. I can do that. I can play the happy wife. I have to play the happy wife...I can't let anything else disrupt this household…"

Her eyes closed briefly and instantly Khushi was inundated with vision of Arnav…

Their first meeting…

The first time their eyes locked…

Their dance on the night of Payal and Akash's sangeet…

Then…SLAM!

Pain, betrayal, violence, Screams, Tears…

Hissing, she eyes flew open as she sucked air into her lungs…

Standing, her eyes turned hard…"I don't need anything anymore...I need to make THIS FAMILY happy…everyone has been through enough..."

She blinked, sending tears down her face…"Di and Arnavji lost their parents, Jiji's marriage only went ahead because  I married Arnavji...and now…"

Khushi began to wander up the stairs…

Sitting down on the bed, she cried.

For all that she lost…

For all the love lost…

"I can't keep living like this…I can't...I accepted this life...so I need to find a way to live in it…"


………………



Arnav tried to enter his room quietly, only to find his wife staring him straight in the eyes...

"I can't keep living like this…"

His heart suddenly became terrified that she was going to leave him…

But before he could voice his panic, she continued…

"I want to be your wife…"

Life started to blast inside his soul…

"Whh...what?"

He began to smile as he moved cautiously towards her…"Khushi...I love you so much...and I promise that …"

"I don't want love...I will be a good wife to you...and adhere to all your demands, as you are my husband. So let's just have sex again..."

He instantly felt like he'd been shot…"What the!?"

Her eyes stared blankly into his…

Arnav adjusted his stance and cleared his throat…"What...I mean...What?"

"I just think that in order to move forwards, we should begin to act as a married couple would act...and it doesn't matter how it was done, but our marriage has been consummated…"

Arnav lifted his hand slightly to stop her…"It doesn't matter!?! IT DOESN'T MATTER!?"

Khushi looked away…

"Khushi…" he lunged towards her, his head pounding…"Khushi it matters...it matters a HELL of a lot…"

"Ar...Arnavji, if you are angry...then…"
 
Unable to hear anymore, he gripped her shoulders…

But as soon as he did, she whimpered, fear filling her eyes…

Arnav released his grip, but stayed close...lingering…

"Damn that bastard…" he thought

Khushi tried to wrap her arms around herself, but her husband's body stood too close…

"Khushi, I want to be married to you...I love you...I have loved you for so long...And If I have to, I will try to prove that for the rest of my life, until all my strength is gone…"

"I don't need love. I don't need it anymore…"

He felt his heart bleed with agony …"Khushi…forgive me?"

Looking from left to right, she sighed…"I told you Arnavji...I understand why you reacted they way you did...but again, I never thought it would be against me...I don't want love anymore... Love only hurts…"

He knew what she meant.

He knew that she had loved him for a long time.

He knew that she trusted him even though he forced her into a marriage.

And he also knew that the love she had, was painfully broken... that night...

She looked truly lost as she stood before him

He had longed to take her into his arms and cover her with kisses just to put a smile back into her eyes and the lilt of happiness back into her voice. 

 "All that I did before...everything I said...that wasn't love Khushi…"

He tugged her arms lightly, making her eyes dart up…

"My 'love' was fuelled by hate...by lies...it was poisoned...I let that happen...I let the truth be skewed and even if you forgive me, I will never forgive myself for allowing that to happen...I WANT to be married to you, because I truly, acutely, and irreversibly love you…"

"Then let's live as a married couple would. I will look after you. We will have sex. Whatever you say, I will do."

His words weren't reaching her.

"Khushi...do you just want this...to...to help you forget what I did before…?"

Tears began to spill from her eyes as she blinked slowly…"No...yes...partly...I don't want to remember that as my first time. I thought it could be something beautiful, but now I realize that it is just an act."

"No...No Khushi...it's--"

"It is just an act. And it is your right to take."

Arnav took her face in his hands as his own voice started to shake…"NO! It is my RIGHT as a husband to GIVE you pleasure! To touch you in a way that no other man will EVER be allowed! To bring your body to a state of arousal that makes you ONLY think of me! I have no right to TAKE ANYTHING from you!"

After endless minutes...she finally responded..."I don't want that…"

His voice ground out the next question…"So, you want a marriage without love...you want sex without love...and you truly want that and nothing else?"

Without blinking, she answered…"Yes."

Tormented with a million different emotions, Arnav went silent as he felt her withdraw from his grasp…

As she backed away, she said…"I shall prepare myself for you tomorrow night... It is just the act of sex. Nothing more.  And I will make sure that no one senses any more problems between us."

Arnav gawked at her in disbelief as she turned away…






PRECAP -


He smiled…"She wants 'just sex'...well, she's in for a big surprise…"


9 comments:

  1. Damn Khushi is so broken she only wants everybody to be happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh poor khushi is so so broken.nd even arnav is repenting so much.hate shyam nd anjiali

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the khushi want everyone happy but not her
    i hate that yr
    arnav should do something for her
    update sooooooooon plzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwhhhhh!!! Please update soooon ! <3

    Much love; loving the story !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor khushi she is so broken ... she is doing this because she wants everyone's happiness.... arnav needs to try more to get her back

    -Shwetz- IF

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is so bereft. but the precap is interesting. how come ur anjali is always so blind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly thought Shyam's truth was going to be exposed! No one really did anything!

    Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God for once I want Khushi to be so straight and blunt with this blind Anjilli and show her the true face of her shyamji... Man both husband and wife r so annoying... Khushi is so heart broken that now she doesn't want anything for herself as she truly believes that there is nothing left for her so might as well make other people happy, this is the height of absolute helplessness and I hope that Arnav will be able to bring her back to life.

    Farheen75

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. Poor Khushi.

    -desisweetheart9 from IF.

    ReplyDelete