Tuesday, July 16, 2013

FF : I Feel Everything Part 40




"I don't know how he will feel about this…" Payal said, nerves blazing.

"I KNOW he won't like it, but that is why my parole officer is coming with us, to reassure Bhai…"

Payal smiled nervously and turned back to look out the car window…

They were 10 minutes away from the Raizada mansion.

And there was not escaping what was about to happen.

Arnav and Khushi had been happily relaxing in the lounge when Payal left to visit Akash.

Khushi had hugged her sister goodbye, and Arnav gave her a polite nod…

But Payal could sense the underlying tension of the days activity.

"Payal?"

Jerked out of her thoughts, she turned towards her husband…

An array of emotions surfaced…

Memories of good times, of the man she first met, of the gentle love, of the reliability…

But even though he looked the same on the outside, she knew that his heart was tarnished…

Her own heart was wanting to believe that things could be different, but now…

A sinking feeling would fill her each time she looked into his eyes…



……..



Arnav looked up at Khushi…

Slight fear began to churn inside him…

Things were too peaceful…

He tried to stifle any thoughts that were attempting to break their recovery.

His laptop was resting on the arm of the sofa, and Khushi was sitting on the opposite end of the couch, her legs lifted up resting on his lap…

He was trying to concentrate on his work, but soon found himself sliding her shoes off her feet and running his hands over her ankles…

Peering  up over the corner of the magazine she was reading, her mouth curved into a smile…

"You are supposed to be working…" she said softly…

He tried to look innocent…"I am! I don't know what you're talking about…"

NK and Nani burst into the house chatting and Khushi tried to move her legs off Arnav, but he held onto her tight…

He shook his head and winked…

"Chote? Khushi? How are you two?"
 
Khushi was blushing hard as she tried to make eye contact with Nani…"We...we are ...we're fine...I'm just reading this…"

She held up her magazine to try and prove her point.

NK quickly took in the situation…"Ohhhh hooo….I can see what's happening…"

Arnav scowled in his direction and NK quickly began to stutter…"I...I mean...I can see that ...that maybe ...maybe Khushiji hurt her ankle? Or you are trying to...to...design new shoes for her?!"

Unable to keep his angry façade, Arnav started to laugh…

"You two are absolutely adorable…" Nani said with a bright smile…

But soon, the laughing came to a sudden halt.

3 figures stood in the doorway.

NK and Nani was stunned to silence.

Khushi had sat up with a start…

And Arnav…

He was teetering on the edge of thunderous fury.

Standing up fast, he stepped in front of his wife as his eyes lasered towards his brother.

Payal, the police officer, and Akash began to walk in…

With every step they took, Arnav felt the primal urge to go and tear his brother apart.

Payal couldn't bring her eyes up…

They all stood quietly until Akash finally spoke up…

"Bhai…?"

Arnav's hand shot up to silence him.

The fierce tension was now suffocating in it's intensity…

"Mr. Raizada?" the policeman said…

Arnav turned to the officer and roared…"HOW DARE YOU BRING THIS MAN INTO MY HOUSE!"

"Sir, I know the history of your situation. But I have come along to assure you that Akash will still be under my supervision. Each week I will be meeting him, and making sure he is in no contact with anyone …"

"Jiji?"

Khushi's voice once again silenced everyone.

Arnav spun around…

He instantly moved closer, gently holding her arms…"Khushi...shhh...I won't let him in the house...I will send in back somewhere...I will…"

Her fear and anxiety vanished for a moment, but soon returned as she looked over Arnav's shoulder to her sister…

"Jiji?" she whispered again…

Arnav's heart shattered hearing her…

"Khushi...We will look after Payal...I promise…"

Her eyes flooded with tears…

Arnav recalled their conversation, where Khushi had reminded him of all that he had put her through…

And Khushi had endured it all...for her sister's happiness…

He had tortured the woman that he loves for his own sister's happiness…

And now…this same woman was hurting for HER sister.

Arnav lifted his hands to her face and gently tipped her head up…"Sweetheart...look at me…"

Khushi brought her gaze to him, her lips trembling...

"If he makes one move out of line...I won't hesitate in kicking him out…I won't let him hurt Payal...I want her happiness too..."

Her soft smile made his decision for him…"Let me fix things...do NOT worry...please..."

He touched his lips to hers before turning back to the policeman…

"If he is to stay here, he is to abide by MY rules as well as yours. I will not allow such trauma to enter my wife's life again. "

Akash was standing in shame as Arnav began to stalk towards him…

"MY WIFE loves her sister. Payal is YOUR wife. And THAT is the only reason that I am allowing you to stay here."

"Bhai...thanky-"

Arnav lifted his hand again to stop him…

"You said you shall be meeting with him?"

The officer nodded…"At least 3 times a week…"

Arnav nodded and walked towards Payal, who still hadn't said a word…

As he got closer, he could see the angst on her face…

"Payal…?"

She blinked, but couldn't look up.

Arnav continued…"Payal, you know how I feel about Akash. But what I feel for Khushi outweighs anything...She wants your happiness...She endured a lot for your happiness...and I won't let all that be in vain...Akash can stay here...but I hope that for everyone's sake, he has changed...because…" he lowered his voice…"I can tell, that you yourself aren't completely alright with this…"

Payal's eyes finally lifted to his…

"I know...I know you are trying for the sake of your family...Khushi and you are very alike...we have all made many sacrifices for family...but Payal...I am not going to allow Khushi to suffer...not for anyone...not even you…"

Payal nodded…"Thankyou...and you are right...I am not alright, but...he is my husband..."

"First check in will be tomorrow at 11am."

Acknowledging what the policeman said, his eyes turned back to Akash…

The front door slammed shut.

Arnav was holding eye contact with Khushi who looked strong on the outside, but fragile on the inside…

His heart was hammering in his chest as flashbacks of the police video blasted in his memory…

Nani was now standing beside Khushi, holding her hand for support…

If Arnav didn't say something soon, he was going to explode.

"Payal, go to Khushi...reassure her...just be with her for  now please…"

Once she was surrounded, he roughly grabbing Akash by the collar and dragged him away…

"Bhai? Please listen to…"

Arnav harshly threw him to the ground…"Shut you mouth! RIGHT NOW!"

Akash scrambled to sit up, but stayed on the ground…

Arnav's eyes were bloodshot and full of rage...

For a few moments, he was eerily quiet, but then, the downpour came…

"How... dare... you!"

Akash flinched from the blasting volume of Arnav's voice…

"If you could read my mind right now, you'd be devastated! I saw...SAW Shyam abuse my wife! The police discovered a video! I even saw him talk to YOU! Right before he...he...I will never, EVER be able to erase that from my head!? And I only WATCHED it…! Khushi had to go THROUGH it! I swear, if you weren't married to Payal I would not only throw you out, I would destroy you! If I so much as see you LOOK at my wife in a way I don't like, so help me God I WILL make 'going back to jail' the least of your worries…and I'm telling you right now…" Arnav crouched down closer…"I AM NOT AFRAID OF GOING TO JAIL...SO IF YOU DO ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE, I WILL FINISH YOU!"

Akash had never in his life seen Arnav so brutal.

Even in business, he was not like this.

Even when concerning Anjali, he was not like this.

"I...I understand...Bhai…"

Arnav shot to his feet as he hauled Akash back up…"Fuck you and your 'understanding'!!!"

Akash jerked away, his eyes wide and nerves crawling…"Bhai...I'm…"

Arnav stare was as frightening as his tone…"Do NOT call me that...and you had better treat Payal right! Because I will NOT see Khushi hurting for ANY reason! ANY reason!"

Clenching his fists tight, Arnav spun around and marched away…




……………




Khushi had hardly said a word…

She could barely gather her thoughts…

Khushi had followed Nani upstairs into her room and had been sitting with her when she saw Arnav marching up the stairs…

Nani was chattering softly as Khushi watched her husband enter their room and slam the doors behind him…

He briefly caught sight of her, but tore his eyes away...

He was raw.

His emotions stretched to the brink.

She's safe downstairs...Nani is with her...Payal is with her...just...just calm down...then...ohh....oh God...she was so scared...she called for me...she screamed my name...and I...I...

Finally in the confines of his room, he shut the bedroom doors and fell back against them…

Sinking to the floor, he clutched his head with his hands and wept.

His heart was hurting.

His memories were haunted with Khushi's terrorized eyes, her suffocating screams…

Pulling at his hair, he tried to drown out the sounds...the sights…

"Arnavji?"

Her voice.

His hands lifted from his head…

"Arnavji?"

"Khushi?" he breathed…

A soft knocking made him jump up…

Roughly swiping away any trace of his tears, he quickly opened the doors…

Khushi stood outside with a concerned expression…

"Arnavji? Are...you…"

He walked forwards and took her into his arms, smoothing his hand up her back to gently caress her neck…

"I know you are angry…"

He stepped closer…"Not at you…never at you...never..."

"At Jijaji…"

His heart constricted…"...Khushi I...I can't…"

Pulling back, Khushi lifted her hands to frame his face…"Arnavji...I'm safe...I'm here with you…"

Slowly turning their bodies, he pulled her into their room and closed the doors with a resounding bang…"Yes...with me..."

He kissed her forehead as he asked..."Is Payal okay?"

Khushi nodded, "I think so...She is making dinner for all of us...hopefully we can all spend some time---"

"NO."

"Arnavji…"

"This is too raw for me Khushi. I can't be near him yet. And until I can, you go NOWHERE without me…"

Khushi shook her head, "No, Arnavji...listen to me…"

Arnav stepped back, creating a cold distance…"This is NOT up for discussion Khushi."

Her breathing halted.

She stared into his eyes, and shivered…"Arnavji...I...I'm not trying to…"

Khushi went silent as she took in her enraged husband.

"Ar...Arnavji?"

But her words were going unheard…

He was glaring down at her as he spoke…"After everything that has happened...Did you really expect me to allow you anywhere near him!?"

Khushi felt fear, but this time, it wasn't her own…

It was his.

She tried to relax…"I wasn't going to talk to Jijaji…"

Arnav took a quick step forwards, making Khushi's hands fly up to his shoulders…

"DO NOT SPEAK OF HIM!"

Khushi went silent…

She saw the pain in his eyes, and knew that this was no time to try and talk to him…

Inching closer, she slid her arms up around his neck…

His every muscle was strung tight, but as her hands smoothed over his neck, she felt him soften…

Finally, his arms wound around her…

"Khushi...I...I...I…"

"Shhh...Arnavji...I know…"


…………………..



Khushi couldn't sleep.

And not for the usual reasons.

For the past few weeks, pain and terror had flashed in her mind…

But now…

Food.

Arnav had hauled Khushi upstairs before they joined anyone for dinner.

He had been so focused on keeping her away from Akash, that he had kept her away from food.

They had leisurely showered together, enjoying each other's closeness, and then fallen asleep as they lay in each other's arms…

But a mere 15 minutes later, a growling had woken Khushi up…

And the growling was getting louder...and louder…

She turned her head to peek at Arnav…

Fast asleep.

"Would he wake up?" she wondered…

He had been angry...yes.

He had been protective...yes.

But maybe he didn't REALIZE that she hadn't eaten…

As her stomach growled for the fifth time, Khushi quietly flipped back the blanket, climbed out of bed, and approached the bedroom door on bare feet…

She looked back briefly and felt a pang of guilt…

Khushi hesitated for a moment, but then heard her stomach once more…

"If I disturb him, he will just get angry again, or wake the poor servants and make them cook…"

Stepping into the dark hallway, Khushi decided to quickly grab some fruit and hurry back up…

Skimming her fingertips along the wall, she moved as quietly as she could through the darkness…

What felt like an hour was only 5 minutes as she carefully descended the stairs..

She thought she saw a shadow flicker across the wall and stumbled to a stop, but as she looked closer, she saw it was just moonlight bouncing off some foliage .

Hands extended out in front of her, she finally stepped into the kitchen…

Grabbing an apple and a banana, she turned quickly but ended up stopping in her tracks, fear skittering down her spine…











10 comments:

  1. you left us on cliffhanger. i hope aakash does not do something which boils arnav anger

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ferocity with which arnav dealt with akash clearly gave away of how protective he is abt khushi!!!

    Loll khushi got up for some midnight snack,gosshh being all considerate arnav actually forgot abt dinner knowing how essential it is to khushi

    Jus hope akash isn't there with any wrong intentions
    Amazinggg update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt Arnav still dealt with Akash to easy
    I would have beat the crap out of him

    oh crap who is that now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope its nt aakash!!!

    n I loved how protective arnav is for khushi.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love his primal instincts and also the fact that instead of indulging in blind sex, he has tried to voice the fears

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, whose that now... Arnav !?
    God save her if its him ! He categorically told her not to go anywhere without him ! But poor Khushi didnt get to have dinner also. She was hungry !

    The way Arnav shouted at Akash voicing his opinion or order regarding khushi, was commendable ! Arnav made it clear noone will mess with Khushi ! Arnav really does love Khushi.

    My heart went out for Arnav after his warning to Akash when he went up to his room and cried and all the images flashed infront of him.

    Emotions of Arnav...Fear, Anger, Protective, all showed in this one part

    So nice of Arnav to talk to Payal first before anything to know her feelings too !

    Very well written! Now waiting impatiently...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haww. U left us hanging agn.. pls update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just read the last 2 chapters arnavs pain is so deep poor guy betrayed by family and went through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was amaixing....

    Arnav should blast that man...Grrrrr..:/ :/

    Poor Khushi she was hungry..:P n arnie was over protective that he frgot to feed her...he he he *giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing update. Arnav really cares about Khushi and wants her to be safe.

    - desisweetheart9 from IF.

    ReplyDelete