Monday, October 7, 2013

OS : The Car In Front Of Me

The Car In Front Of Me -  Adaptation




That very first day…
When our cars collided, I was ready to attack whoever driving…
You jumped out of your car, ready to apologize for stopping so suddenly…
I instantly forgot about everything…
Your face, your eyes, were all I could see…
I knew then...I just knew.
My heart was overcome with an emotion that I never allowed myself to feel.
Your eyes were so sincere.
You kept apologizing, but I could care less…
I just wanted to look at you…
The girl in the car in front of me...





The car in front of me was carrying what I loved more than anything
My sweetest dream…
The love of my life…
Was in the car in front of me…






Years later, on Friday nights, we'd meet at your families house…
You'd bring our kids, and I'd come straight from work…
The entire time, we'd smile and hold hands…
Watching how our kids were growing before our eyes...
Going home I'd read their lips through the window of your car...
As they mouthed, "I love you daddy…" I couldn't help but think how lucky I was...







The car in front of me was carrying what I loved more than anything
My sweetest dream…
The love of my life…
Was in the car in front of me…






Even after all the doctor said that day...
You were strong and you believed that things would turn out alright...
Your faith was strong…
And you held us all together through one more year...
But the day came…
Our kids little hands held on to mine...
As we sat in that backseat with tears in our eyes
A long line of headlights
Strangers stopped along the road
I was as strong as I could be, as my vision blurred…




The car in front of me was carrying what I loved more than anything
My sweetest dream…
The love of my life…
Was in the car in front of me…





8 comments:

  1. Loved it! It looks like a tiny stanza .amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this was lovely, so emotional yet so beautiful. Touched my heart, it was just brilliant :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, this OS is beautifully emotional :) was like a person's life in a poetic way !
    The last part was the most touching.
    Love in every word came across brilliantly !

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!!
    that was BRILLIANT!
    awesome!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. one suggestion please:
    why don't you put a liked it and loved it and average button on your blog!
    you will come to know a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want to cry but you made me
    I read all the chance parts
    they arent good!!
    no
    they are incredible, amzing, mind blowing
    woooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww
    I'm sorry I couldn't comment on each part as I'm busy those days but I read all
    and my goddddd...you make me dream, girl :*****

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too sweet and too sad...
    Beautiful!

    Bim
    Moomin4455

    ReplyDelete