Friday, November 22, 2013

SS : Heartbeats Part 9





Khushi tried to convince herself of 'why' she was going to this dinner with Arnav.

"This is for Libbi…" she nodded to herself, "I need to do this for Libbi…I have been hiding for too many years, and…and Libbi needs to know her father."

But even though her head nodded, her heart was fluttering…

The anticipation and the excitement she felt about seeing her husband again was making her whole body quiver from remembered passion…

And they had already kissed, oh so many times…

She unconsciously licked her lips…

"Oh, but what amazing kisses."

He had magic in his lips that never ceased to ignite her desire...

Her panties dampened at the memory of their sexual encounter…

Moaning, she closed her eyes, remembering his body hard and heavy over hers…

His love was visible, but it was his gentleness that surprised her…

After so long seeing Arnav Singh Raizada as a tyrant, to see him as a gentle lover was utterly confusing…

Finally today, after such a long time, she had felt his passion…

Shaking her head, Khushi returned to the task at hand.

"Okay…make up is done…now…what to wear…?"

As she walked past Libbi's bedroom door, she heard her tiny voice muttering…

Khushi smiled, "Little chatter…talks to herself just like I do…"

Trundling into her room and opening the cupboard doors, she pulled out the three decent dresses she owned and draped them over her bed.

The black, the white or the red?

"He wouldn’t recognize me…I should probably try to be the girl he knew all those years ago…"

The black one was definitely too daring with its thin straps….

She threw that one aside and inspected the red.

Strapless and fitted, and with a small jacket it would be quite sedate…

But it's RED…no…no red…

"That leaves the white one. Not exactly traditional, but it's a demure wrap around dress…Not much skin showing, just my arms…and it's below my knees…"

She shivered…"Damn, if it was colder I could wear clothes that covered every part of me and about ten scarves…"

But even as she argued with herself, she felt a hot flash start inside her…

"Ugh…it's such a hot night…"

The white would have to do.

She didn’t have time to go shopping for something else.

Brushing her wavy blonde hair she felt a bit sad that she'd cut it to her shoulders…

But even so, her hair shone, the makeup understated and the dress was most conservative.

Eyeing herself discriminately in the mirror, Khushi smoothed down the white skirt of her dress and took a deep breath…"any minute now…"



…………..




"Hello…again…"

Arnav gave a slight smile to Raj as he answered the door…

"Yes, we do…"

Raj laughed, "alright, alright, come in…"

Arnav relaxed slightly and stepped inside, "I hope I'm not too early…"

As Raj led Arnav through the hallway, he soon locked eyes with an older lady…

"You are promptly five minutes early…at least you didn't make her wait this time…"

Arnav cringed at the woman's dig…

"I never plan on making that mistake again."

Veena's glare was holding him at bay, and she saw him visibly stiffen…

Seconds later, she came marching up to him and poked her pointed finger at his chest…"Let me first say, that if you ever, EVER, hurt her again, I WILL find you…"

"Good."

Arnav's reply made her take a step back…"What?"

"I will never hurt her again, and I am glad that you are willing to threaten me, for her…"

Veena crossed her arms and smiled, "Well, that's a good start…"

“What do you mean?”

Veena saw how confused Raj was and pulled his arm…"Go…go and tell Khushi that her husband is here…"

When Raj disappeared, Veena calmed, "I'm Veena, we spoke on the phone…"

Arnav nodded politely, "Thankyou, for taking such good care of her, and of Libbi…"

"Loving them is so easy…"

His eyes went dark, "I know…and I let her go too easily, for a LIE… a fucking lie…"

"hey! No foul language! Libbi's ears are almost extra-terrestrial…she hears EVERYTHING…"

Arnav laughed, "I'm not surprised…"

"I know you are curious about her, and that you want to meet her…"

"Oh well actually-"

"Khushi has never really let ANYONE near Libbi, it even took her a good year to grow accustomed to Raj and myself caring for her…"

Arnav paused…

"Libbi means everything to her, and I know she is afraid of how you will react to her…"

"I will give Khushi all the time she needs…I don't want to stress her, I don't want to worry her…I just want to be here for her, like I should have been…all these damn years…"



…………



"Your boss is here Khushi!"

Khushi's heart thundered and she jumped as Raj knocked on her door…

"Come on! He'll fire you!"

Swinging her door open, she glared at Raj…"YOU! Stop it! You KNOW how nervous I am!"

Raj shrugged, "Remember the date I went on a few weeks back?"

Squinting, she nodded…"Ohhh yeah…What ever happened? I thought you liked her…"

"I DID, but don't you remember a certain someone filling my jacket pockets with yoghurt?"

They both began grinning…

"Your daughter, is a menace!"

Khushi planted her hands on her hips, "She is NOT!"

"She is too!"

"And would you have it any other way?"

Raj smiled, "Never."

Khushi's eyes darted towards the living room, "So…he's here? Really?"

"Yeah, did you think he'd run out on you again?"

"I don't know what I thought…"

Raj reached out for her hand, "Well, don't think…just get out there, and rebuild your life…because this time, you have me and mum with you too…"

Khushi's squeezed Raj's hand, "and I love you both…

"…come on then…"

Raj began pulling her down the hallway…

"Raj…wait…hang on…"

But he wouldn't stop, and as he dragged her into the lounge, she tripped over the corner of the dark red rug…

"Whoa!..."

The instant Khushi looked up, she saw that she was in the arms of her husband…

"Khushi! I'm so sorry!"

Veena was slapping Raj's arm, "You clumsy oaf!" she then turned to Khushi, "Are you alright? Khushi?"

And it was then, that Veena saw the unbreakable connection…

Their eyes were holding a current that was so strong it was impossible to penetrate…

Stepping back, she motioned for Raj to leave the room, as she herself slipped quietly away…

Arnav held Khushi in suspension, keeping her body close to his…

"Hi…"

She couldn't respond…

"How long has it been since we've done this?"

His question brought a small frown to her forehead…

"Since I've been able to hold you like this? Catch you when you fall?"

Her eyes glanced down and her palms slid up to his shoulders as she hurried to right herself, her heart fluttering uncontrollably…

"I…I don't know…I'm sorry…I…"

Arnav saw her nerves take hold and leaned back against the doorjamb…

His stance gave Khushi a chance to survey his appearance…

He was casual/formal, dress shirt and jeans, and a big black dress shoes…

The content and joyful smile on his face was what really hit her.

The intensity of the look in his eyes burned right through to her soul.

The sparks between them were so palpable it was a surprise to Khushi's system to feel them at their height of power once again…

"So…" She cleared her throat nervously, "Where, where are we going?"

"I was planning to take you to the top floor restaurant at the high rise…"

"What? It's impossible to get in there! It's booked in advance for months…"

Arnav wanted to laugh, but instead chose to remind her instead, "I’m Arnav Singh Raizada…I OWN that building…and I've had the entire floor cleared out, just for you…"

That complicated things considerably.

"So…so we won't be eating?"

He chuckled, "Ofcourse we shall, all the staff will be at your service."

"Right…"

Arnav watched her carefully…

He didn't want to overwhelm her, but he wasn't about to give her anything but the best…

Okay Khushi, it's okay, you can just get in, eat, and then we can leave…we will discuss some details, and then leave…nothing more…

She made the mistake of looking up into his eyes…

Oh no…I can't do this again…I can't go through that pain again…He just wants the WIN again…I can't go back to that…especially not to one who uses his power to get what he wants…

But no matter how her thoughts tried to convince her, she knew that this was dangerous…

The man before her was her husband, and it was his power and dominance that had always made her sopping wet and tingly all over, to be perfectly honest—but she had to be strong!

Yes, strong. Keep thinking it Khushi…you will start believing it!

But her mind was now remembering all the moments of his raw desire…

All the times she was SURE he was going to take her, kiss her…

No…he isn't like that…he's very sedate and soft, and gentle…he only uses his power to get what he wants, but once he has it…the magic is gone…

Sighing, she promised herself that she wouldn’t let him get the chance to make this about THEM.

"This is about where we go from here, in regards to Libbi…"

"Excuse me?"

Her head darted up, "What?!"

He smiled, "You are thinking aloud again …"

Khushi pulled at her dress, "I…even so, what I just said it the truth…this isn't about you and me…"

Arnav flinched, "Ofcourse it is! How can it NOT be about us?!"

"No…no…it's about how we can introduce you into Libbi's life…"

Arnav shifted, "Well, actually…"

"I'm very nervous about letting people into her life…It…It scares me Arnavji…She's…She…"

Seeing her so vulnerable broke his heart...

She isn't ready for this yet...

"Khushi shhh, She's yours…I know that…"

Her tears began to show, "She is yours too…"

"Khushi, I know that Libbi is OUR daughter, but I also can see how scared you are…I know that she is all you've had this whole time, and I don't want to hurt you or make you do anything before you are ready…"

He held her firmly, letting her see that he was serious…

"…truly?"

Arnav slowly leaned in and pressed a kiss to the top of her nose, "Yes…even if you'd rather not go out tonight, then…"

"No…I don't mind…"

Her quick response overjoyed him…"Great…great…"

Releasing her, he took hold of her hand, "Come with me, don't think about too much…let's just spend some time together…"

Taking advantage of his relaxed demeanour, she forced herself to smile, and looked back once more as they left the house…

"Ah…the white car…"

Arnav opened her door, "Yep, same one…"

"I remember…"

She sat down into the familiar seat and muttered out a 'keep calm Khushi' as he walked around to the driver's side…

Once they were on their way, Khushi was completely mesmerized by the city night lights…

"It's so beautiful…"

Arnav briefly glanced at her, "Yes…it is…"

Before she could look at him, he turned his head away from her, staring ahead through the windscreen.

He took off from the traffic lights and made a series of sharp turns before finally pulling in to the valet parking lot of the tallest building she'd ever seen…

They had arrived.

Khushi blinked, suddenly seeing the door to the car was now open and Arnav was holding out his hand to help her out…

"Sorry…I was distracted there for a minute.”

She placed her hand in his and shimmied over to the edge of the seat.

Arnav pulled her a little bit closer than he could have, and loved watching her blush as she lowered her eyes, pretending to study her dress…

Great, he merely helps me out of the car and I'm ready to melt…

When she lifted her head, he was still right in front of her, holding her hand…

God, I am losing it now, these daydream blackouts have to stop…I need my wits about me!

"Shall we go?"

Her heart jumped as she gripped his hand, nodding slightly…

As he led her into the elevator, she felt her body temperature start to soar…

The memories of their last elevator trip were now overriding her mind…

When she looked up at Arnav, she could see that he was reliving the moments as well…

Damn, he is gorgeous.

She suddenly saw him edge towards her, and she tumbled back into reality…"What…what are you doing?"

He grinned. “I'm not doing anything, why?”

She shook her head, trying to shake out the fuzziness, "I…I'm sorry…I thought…"

Now taking a definite long step in her direction, he faced her head on, "I know what you were thinking…"

Her jaw dropped…

“Khushi, It's okay, I promise I’ll behave. But you don’t have to behave if you don’t want to.”

"Wha-"

"I don't want to push you…I've told you that…"

“I think it would be just fine for us both to be on our best behaviour, don’t you think? We can get this business over with and move on with our lives.”

His eyes flickered in amusement. “I agree. We definitely need to move on with our lives.”

“You do? We do?" Khushi was stunned at the depth of disappointment that filled her…"I mean, great, yes, that’s what I want too.”

Arnav could see her dilated eyes, and loved that he could still provoke such a strong response from her…

The doors opened…

And as Khushi walked out, she was in awe of the panoramic view that was now before her…

It was as though she were closer to the stars, and hovering over the star-lights of earth…

"Wow…" She had to admit, "This is divine…I never knew…"

"It's all yours…"

Her eyes darted back up to his, and before she could say anything, he had turned to the waiter in charge and began ordering out specific menu's…

When he faced her once more, he steered her towards an area that was surrounded by tall white partitions….

And as he led her closer, she saw a simple lone table, overlooking the area they had just driven from…

He pulled out her chair and waited as she stumbled slightly towards him…

Holding back a laugh, he held onto her hand as she seated herself.

Together.

Eyes locked.

Arnav sat before her, still praying deep down that this was all really happening…

Breaking eye contact, Khushi looked around for some means of distraction.

She gazed out at the amazing view of the city…

But from the corner of her eyes, she could see Arnav reaching out to her side of the table…

Her eyes closed tight as she waited to feel his touch, but it didn't come…

When she peeked out, he was holding her wine glass up to her…

"Don't worry, it's just sparkling water…"

"Oh…I…" swallowing hard, she took the drink and sighed, "Thankyou…"

"To our reunion?"

Her eyes softened, "Yes…"

As their glasses clinked, a small drop of water spilt from hers…

Why won't my hands stop shaking!!!??!!

"I ordered already, I hope you don't mind…"

"I don't mind." Khushi answered quickly…

Arnav smirked, "Okay then…"

"So, how high up are we?"

"I can tell you that I'm way higher than this building is…my entire heart is soaring up beyond the stars…"

His words hit home.



*Flashback*


"Thankyou for trusting me Khushi, I love you…"

"This night was perfect Arnavji…"

He pulled her closer, her soft breasts pressing against his chest…

"Forever, you and me…my heart is literally up in the clouds…"

Khushi lifted her glassy gaze to him, "…my entire heart is soaring up beyond the stars…"


*End of flashback*



Roughly pushing her chair back, Khushi stood up.

Arnav was about to speak when he was stunned to silence.

There was now his fire-breathing, smoking gun, ready to attack wife in front of him...

Oh no…This is not good…

Her normally warm brown eyes were sparking flames, and from the look of those clenched fists, he’d better be ready to move fast.

“Khushi…talk to me, what's wrong…?” he asked as carefully as he could…

“Talk to you!? TALK TO YOU!? What you just said to me was…what you just said was…"

Arnav stood up, "Was what you said to ME the night we consummated…"

"Damn right! HOW could you say that to me! I MEANT THAT! I MEANT what I said! And that heart that was so happy, you BROKE just as easily!”

"Khushi…"

She moved towards him, her eyes blazing.

Grabbing his arms, she shook him, “I will not be manipulated. You have no right to use this situation to satisfy your ego. I know your game. You told me yourself you hate to lose!”

Prying her fingers from his forearms, he kept a firm grip on her hand, locking his fingers through hers so she couldn’t escape.

“I admit to one thing. That I love you! That I am so deeply in love with you that I am willing to wait until the end of my life to get you back!”

Her skin heated where he feathered a trail with his lips over her cheek to her ear and whispered, “You are my wife, and yes…I damn well want to win you back…but only because I need you, I NEED you…"

He rubbed his thumb gently against her wrist and felt her shiver.

She felt the same way as he did, he could tell by the ready way she reacted to him…

But he knew, that after everything that had happened between then, that he scared the shit out of her…

"I want to earn your trust, I want to prove to you that I love you…I don't want to hurt you, or Libbi, EVER…I want to care for you as a husband, to care for Libbi as a father, to love you both…you are my girls, and I cannot bear to be without you…"

Even though his words infused her heart, her pain was still dripping out…

"But, you loved me before…"

Arnav was now threatened with tears, "I loved you then, and I love you now…I hate what separated us…I can't be without you…Khushi, without you…Khushi I love you, look into my eyes, surely you can see that!"










7 comments:

  1. Sarah <3 dammit do u know how much this hurts ??? they were seperated for so long ... all coz of an ugly truth of their past ... Khushi waited for him .... and he did come !! they missed each other by may be a fraction of few minutes !! :( and the punishment is to live 9 years without each other !!

    Neither is to blame here ... the truth that Arnav heard from dadi can break anyone and he needed a lil time to get it straightened out ... Khushi waited .. she believe and when she saw the time running ... her hopes got dashed ! and nw that still continues to drive them apart.

    I cant see them in pain anymore .... their hearts are screaming out for each other !!
    Khushi's fear ... Arnav's pain ... its too much to contain ! waiting to see their happiness together ... <3 Libbi needs her parents together but b4 that ... her parents need each other !

    loving this story more as each update goes by ... love u hun <3
    Jyo ( Jyo.Arshi.IPK )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it to bitsss

    Amazinggg update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet, he booked the whole restaurant

    poor thing she feels he is trying to manipulate her
    when he is trying to woo her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Khushi's heart wants to trust arnav because she still loves him dearly but her mind does not let her accept his love due to her past experience.
    Arnav needs to take things slowly with her
    Continue soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful chapter ! Thanks a lot for taking the time out of your busy schedule to update. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, cool update !

    Khushi all nervous as if going on her first date, Arnav a trying to gather all hid nerves to walk up to Khushi's house to take her out for dinner ! But its justified also, since its 9 yrs and both have been through alot.

    "Your Boss Is Here !"

    Before moving ahead... I Loved the convo between Libbi and Arnav and how in the end she says DADDY !!! So sweet, so cute !

    Arnav and his expressions on seeing.. His Khushi is very well known. So it wasnt surprising when he saw Khushi coming down towards him !

    The white car...yes the same ! ... Omg... She still remembers his car and colour of it after 9yrs too ! ... Hez looking gorgeous ! Still trying to grip on her heart and mind from not melting by the touch and looks of Arnav, trying her level best to stay strong.

    Somewhere still in her subconcious mind Khushi was still wary of getting back to Arnav after what he had done by not turning up on their wedding day years back, even though he had given his reason for it.

    So Arnav takes Khushi for dinner and on reaching the venue, Khushi was mesmerized just looking at the place and all the surroundings and the perfect arrangements Arnav had made. A secluded place with white curtains, place only meant for their dinner date. Arnav had made it sure that he had reserved the whole place ! While Khushi looked around, Arnav had ordered for them.

    Arnav was so happy that Khushi, his wife was having dinner with him, he went on telling his feelings at that moment ! While telling what he felt , Arnav said something that snapped and took Khushi to what Arnav had told him when they had cosummated at the night of bachelor party.... "MY HEART IS SOARING ABOVE THE STARS !!!" .... These words hit home and she freaked out ! I dont want to talk to you..said an angry Khushi... Before also after saying this you had broken my heart and left. How can i be sure you will not do the same ? You wont manipulate me ! Then leave me again, though you said you love me ! Arnav Singh Raizada wants to own everything!

    Arnav, obviously was caught off guard ! It took him seconds to realize what was happening and he knew where all this anger was leading too and had to stop it there at any cost ! Agreed both Arnav and Khushi had suffered, but now Khushi was seeing the effort Arnav was putting in to win her back, how much he loved her, she saw in his eyes, he was willing to give as much time as she wanted to get back, she saw that he was so happy when he heard about Libbi and there also he was giving her time to make Libbi understand and then make Arnav and Libbi meet !

    Why on earth Khushi are you not able to see him clearly and giving him a chance when he is ready to wait for however long you wanted and wouldnt leave you ! He has clearly and loudly confessed that HE LOVES YOU, AND WANTS AND WILL BE A GOOD HUSBAND TO YOU AND A GOOD FATHER TO LIBBI ... Then why are you again and again bringing the same matter up ! *nindy frustrated*

    COME ON KHUSHI CANT YOU SEE THAT HE CANT NOR WILL BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT HIS TWO LOVELY GIRLS IN HIS LIFE ! .... ONE YOU AND THE OTHER LIBBI, TO WHOM I CAN VOUCH FOR 100% WILL BE THE MOST CARING AND LOVING FATHER..... i know its not easy, but you are not giving your 100% in trying to leave the past behind and move on with the one person you have loved your whole life and will continue to do so ! ARNAV LOVES KHUSHI AND ALWAYS WILL !!! No second thoughts about it ! EVEN LIBBI LIKES HIM !!! *nindy shouts and bangs head against wall*

    Sarah, can you just put brains into khushi's head !

    ReplyDelete