Monday, April 9, 2012

FF : I Can't Let Her Go! Part 37


His mind made up, Arnav walked over to his beautiful sleeping wife...

"Forgive me Sweetheart...but i need to stay focused..." leaning down, he kissed her forehead softly and left the room...

He practically forced himself to  walk away...

Every step he took made his heart hurt...

Finally downstairs, he saw Payal walk past with Akash...

"Payal!?"

She looked over inquisitively...

"Bhai? Um...were you meant to call me?" Akash said confusedly ...

"N...No...I  need to talk to Payal for a minute...sorry Akash..."

Akash nodded quietly and walked away...

"Arnavji? What's wrong?"

"I've made a decision...I need to keep my mind focused on keeping Khushi safe...but I...I mean...We...We've been..."

Payal looked away feeling slightly shy and embarrassed..."I understand...What do you need me to do?"

"I just want you to make sure that she's distracted...I HAVE TO stop Shyam...and I  need her to stay at the house...where it's safe...is there anything you can do tonight and tomorrow to keep her entertained?"

"Yes...well tonight she will be making dinner with me...since she WAS supposed to prepare food with me earlier..." she raised her brows sarcastically...

Now it was Arnav's turn to feel slightly embarrassed...

"and tomorrow, I already was going to steal Khushi away from  you...I got a call from my tailor saying that he was coming to give new fittings...so we will be busy all morning..."

Hesitantly and sadly, he nodded his head..."Perfect...okay..."

Payal sensed his sadness..."will YOU be alright? I can see how hard this is for you..."

"No...I won't be alright at all...but it's not me that i'm worried about...I have to keep her safe..." he quickly straightened, trying to shake off what he was feeling..."about tonight...I'm going to do work with Akash in the other room...Khushi will be with you right?"

Payal nodded reassuringly...

"okay. If she does ask anything...just tell her that I...uh..." he paused...

"I'll tell her that Akash had asked for your help...That's what brothers are for...to place blame on..." She smiled trying to lighten the mood...

"thankyou Payal...really...thankyou..."

Arnav took one last lingering look upstairs and walked off...

..............

Khushi stretched and woke up slowly...she moved her hand round on the bed only to find that Arnav had already gone...

Opening her eyes, she sat up quickly hoping to see him...but he wasn't anywhere...

Feeling slightly lost, she lifted her legs over the side of the bed...

Groaning slightly at the aching in her abdomen, she stood up and walked to the bathroom...

"not in here either...?" she thought...

Dismally, she went to shower....

"How DARE you make love to me like THAT and then run off Mr. Raizada! Don't expect me to come crawling to you..."

.............

Payal paced back and forth downstairs waiting for Khushi..."oh God...I can only distract her for so long before she starts to search for Arnavji..."

No sooner had she thought that when she saw Khushi at the top of the stairs...

Smiling big, Khushi ran to embrace Payal..."jiji! I'm so sorry that i didn't get to spend time with you earlier...shall we go?"

Taken aback...Payal could only smile slightly and nod...

For the rest of the night, Khushi never once mentioned Arnav...

Even when Payal mentioned that he was working in the next room with Akash, Khushi let the subject slide and went on to talk about something else...

Anjali, Nani, Payal and Khushi spend a happy girl's night together chatting and laughing and talking about the new baby that would arrive soon...

Once they had yawned and laughed for the millionth time, Anjali and Nani went upstairs to sleep...

"Khushi? Um...Are you..."

"Well, it's been a busy day...I shall go to sleep now...are we still getting fitted for new dresses tomorrow?"

"uh....yes...yes..."

"Wonderful! I'll see you in the morning!" and Khushi hugged Payal and waltzed happily upstairs and into 'her' room...

................

Payal stood in disbelief..."what's wrong with her...?" she said out loud...

"What?! What's happened Payal!?" Arnav was standing not to far behind her...

"Nothing Arnavji...that's what...absolutely nothing..."

"w...what? What do you mean?"
"She was happy. She was...she didn't ask about you...she didn't even NEED distracting...she even brushed over the topic when i mentioned you..."

Arnav looked towards her room and felt slightly disillusioned..."Khushi?" he whispered...

"She even remembered about our appointment tomorrow...then went to her room without a care..." Payal saw how her words had affected Arnav...

"Arnavji...? Don't worry, be glad that she is taking this attitude...the less she worries, the safer she'll be..."

"Right Bhai...Just relax...the plans we put into place tonight should work perfectly..." Akash put his arm around Payal

Arnav only nodded and took off upstairs...

Standing outside her door, he saw that the lights were dimmed...

He reached for the door handle only to retreat...

"I can't go in...if i do I'll...but I can't go to sleep without saying..."

Turning around he gently turned the handle and quietly entered her room...

Candlelight flickered in the room...

He glanced around and saw that she was already asleep...

Walking over to the bed...he saw her face...

His heart lurched within him...tears.

"She...she went to sleep crying..." lightly touching her face he wiped her tears away from her cheeks..."I love you sweetheart...I don't want to make you cry...but i need to keep you safe...I need to be able to concentrate...forgive me..."

He silently left looking back at her once more before shutting the door...

.............

Once he left, Khushi's eyes opened in realization..."He is avoiding me...to...to 'protect' me!?"

She lifted her fingers to her cheeks...his touch was still lingering on her skin..."

Smiling, she said, "ok Mr. Raizada...let's see just how long you are able to stay away..."



5 comments:

  1. ahaa love the way khushi is going to get to mess with him! :)
    Sonia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Arnav and Payal planning to keep Khushi distracted!
    And she didn't like that he just left her!

    LOL at her knowing, now Arnav's going to PAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor arnav khushi is so going to harass him loved it so cute glad she found out the truth awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant wait to read about what Khushi has planned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it!! haha..let's see what Khushi is going to do..

    Sarah, I really love your style of writing and you know how to keep your readers glued to their seats while reading your work, especially the passionate scenes :)..wish to see a new FF from you about Arhi, but away from the story line of IPKKND..

    Btw I asked you about Zumba the other day..Do you know any classes in Melbourne? or somewhere closer to Clayton?

    Thanks :)

    Pissa99 (IF)

    ReplyDelete