Wednesday, May 9, 2012

FF : I Can't Let Her Go! Part 46




Arnav had tried to calm her at his office..

Her tears were drowning him...

But he couldn’t even get her to focus let alone listen to him...

As he held her against the glass window, he tried to soothe her, tried to calm her, but her sobs didn’t stop...

She ended up fainting from exhaustion...

Arnav had taken her home, and had been sitting by her side on the bed waiting for her to wake up for about an hour...

“I’m sorry...” he whispered as he smoothed his hand over her hair...

“I thought I was doing the right thing...dammit it WAS the right thing...but I didn’t know YOU would be there...I ...I told Akash to keep you here! but what does he do? he falls asleep!”

Arnav knew that it wasn’t Akash’s fault...Akash had been with Anjali for hours of support...

“I didn’t know you’d be there...and I needed to get his confession out...but...”

In his mind he heard her echoing cries...her sobs that wouldn’t stop until she collapsed...

“Oh God...” he let out a gutteral groan...

His hand held her face gently...”You’re so beautiful...your smile...your eyes...” his insides clenched...”all I ever wanted was to see you happy...I’m so so sorry for everything I’ve put you through...If I had only believed you straight away...”

He could hardly breathe with the intensity of his emotions...


….......................


Khushi woke with a start, covered in sweat.

Before she could register where she was, Arnav cradled her in his arms...

He had never once moved away from her...

All he wanted was for her to wake up...but now that she was awake...

She was shivering...and panting slightly.

“Shhh...Khushi I’m here...”

Her tired, bloodshot eyes struck him...”Who’s here?” she said slowly...

“Oh God no Khushi...no...I didn’t forget, I DON’T forget! It wasn’t true! It was an act...I had to get him to confess! Please believe me...Please trust me...”

Khushi pushed Arnav away...

“Why should I trust you? All you’ve ever done was hurt me from the day we first met!”

“I’m..I’m so sorry Khushi....” He reached out to hold her hand...

“Don’t touch me!” She yanked her hand away from his

“Khushi...” his voice was no longer his own...”trust me...please...”

“I can’t trust you,” she whispered, hating the emotion she heard in her voice...“Not ever again.”

She burst into tears...

Arnav felt as though he was dying...”Khushi...”

He reached out to touch her again only to see her entire body seize back in terror...

WIth pain filled eyes he looked up at her...”Khu...Khushi...I’m...I...”

He tried to move forwards but the second he did, she fell backwards back onto the bed and collapsed...

Mouth dry...

Nerves raw...

Heartbroken...

Arnav  cupped her face to wipe her tears...running his thumb along her lips, parting them...

“I...I’m so sorry Khushi...I know I still deserve to be punished for all that I put you through, but I never thought it would be THIS hard...I feel like dying, I feel like I have no reason to go on Khushi!”

He reached down to hold her hands...

“I don’t want you to be afraid of me...I don’t want you to hate me...I don’t want a life without you Khushi...”

Payal softly knocked on the bedroom door...”Arnavji?”
Arnav looked up feeling completely lost...

“She...She’s afraid of me again...she...she...”

Payal quickly walked over to him...

Arnav fell at her knees and clutched her...

Payal stumbled and sat on the bed holding his head...”Shhh...I know my sister...She is in shock right now...”

“Her eyes...my God her eyes were so scared...”

“Just now?”

“No...well yes now, but earlier, when he...when he was holding her from falling out of my office...She...I HAD to get him to confess! If I...”

“I understand...If you hadn’t have behaved the way you did, shyam would have let go and she would have fell to her death...you did the right thing! Now you just need to be patient with her...She is in shock. she has had to deal with Shyam for a long time now...and even had to deal with you and my family and babuji being sick...she’s...”

“It’s been too much! Why didn’t someone tell me sooner about Shyam! Why did I have to hear the lie from him! Why did I believe it! What the HELL is wrong with me!!!”

Arnav now jumped to his feet, trying desperately to control his crumbling emotions...

“Arnavji, she forgave you for that...she even understood your need to protect Di...”

“But who was there to protect HER! NO ONE! NOT ONE BLOODY PERSON!”

Payal didn’t know what else to say...

Akash walked behind Payal and put his hand comfortingly on her shoulder...

“Bhai...”

Arnav couldn’t look anyone in the eye...he felt disgusted with himself, with Shyam, with everyone...

Everyone else had been cared after...

Except Khushi.

Except HIS Khushi...

“Get out.” Arnav snarled.

“Bhai...you have to stop blaming yourself...”

Arnav’s eyes shot up...”I said...GET...OUT...”

Payal stood up and whispered...”Let’s leave, they need time …”

As the bedroom door shut, Arnav moved back to rest against the wall...

He clutched his head...”I don’t even deserve her...all I said...all I did...” his tortured eyes drank her in...”Jail is not enough punishment for Shyam...”






3 comments:

  1. My head hurts from reading all these intense updates!! How do you even manage to keep track of all your stories?? That shyam should just go and die... had enough of this slime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome update she is afraid of him again and not trusting him loved the update very intense please kill snake

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Arnav please dont do anything that will take u away from Khushi. I wish Khushi would forgive Arnav, all he did was save her and why cant she understand that this entire time he had been in pain too! I just wish that everything goes back to when they were living happy.

    ReplyDelete